What if Narnia Books Were Each A Musical?

The White Witch singing "Winter Wonderland" with the wolves in the background howling in chorus:
"Sleighbells ring, are you listening!
In the lane snow is glistening!
A terrible sight, I'm angry tonight
Marching in a winter wonderland.

In the meadow petrify a party
Didn't like that crack about the spring
There's a statue that is rather arty
To give my courtyard garden stony bling.

Later on we'll conspire
As we dance round the fire
To face unafraid
All the schemes that we made
Marching in a winter wonderland...

The White Witch singing "Winter Wonderland" with the wolves in the background howling in chorus:
"Sleighbells ring, are you listening!
In the lane snow is glistening!
A terrible sight, I'm angry tonight
Marching in a winter wonderland.

In the meadow petrify a party
Didn't like that crack about the spring
There's a statue that is rather arty
To give my courtyard garden stony bling.

Later on we'll conspire
As we dance round the fire
To face unafraid
All the schemes that we made
Marching in a winter wonderland...
😂😂😂😂Say it ain't so!😆😂😂😂

If Narnia was a chorus or a choir-

Soprano-
Polly
Mabel
Susan
Lucy
Jill
Ramandu's daughter
Gwendolen
Swanwhite
Aravis
Aravis's Stepmother maid
Lasaraleen
Ivy
Margaret
Betty
Marjorie
Some stars
Some dryads
Some naiads

Alto-
Mrs. Beaver
Hwin
Jadis
Letty
Aravis's stepmother
Mrs. Macready
Miss Prizzle
Prunaprismia
Nurse
School mistress
Lord Bern's Wife
Anne
Lady of the Green Kirtle
Adela
Edith
Some stars
Some dryads
Some naiads

Tenor-
Peter
Edmund
Eustace
Gale
Caspian
Trufflehunter
Rynelf
Drinian
Rhince
Spivins
Rilian
Reepicheep
Peepiceek
Cor
Corin
Lord Peridan
Tirian
Emeth
Some stars
Some wood-gods
Some river-gods

Bass-
Digory
Andrew
Mr. Beaver
Bree
Lune
Rabadash
Anradin
Dr. Cornelius
Trumpkin
Nikkabrik
Miraz
Glozelle
Sospesian
Puddleglum
Lord Bern
Lord Rhoop
Coriakin
Ramandu
Carter
Jewel
Poggin
Griffle
Rishda
Some stars
Some wood-gods
Some river-gods

Last edited:
I almost wonder if a musical, especially an animated one akin to the Disney classics, or Dreamworks Prince of Egypt, may be the way to go for Narnia. Its well established that in a musical when they break out into song it's because its a moment of heightened emotion when mere dialogue won't due. It would be a great way to capture the joy of Aslan's resurrection in LWW or the Romp in PC.

Songs I'd like: "Despair and Die"-sung by the witch durring Aslan's sacrfice. The song opens with a chorus slowly building up akin to the "Thus Sayith The Lord" from "The Plagues" In Prince of Egypt up as Aslan approaches. This chorus is actually the monsters with Jadis, singing in Sanskrit ( akin to Duel of the Fates in Star Wars).

"Deplorable Word" in Magicians Nephew. Jadis 'villain song where she tells her story, akin to "Poor Unfortuante Souls" In Little Mermaid, " The Mob Song" in "Beauty and the Beast", or "Be Prepared" in Lion King.

"The Romp" from Prince Caspian.Imagine the Romp in a "Busby Burkely-esue" number akin to "I just Can't Wait to be King" in Lion King, "Friend Like Me" in Aladdin, "I wanna Be Like You' from the Jungle Book, "Under the Sea" in the Little Mermaid, or "Be Our Guest" in Beauty and the Beast". Lead vocals by Bacchus, who like Robin Williams' Genie in Aladdin, does a Cab Calloway style performance.

I just had a picture in my head for a musical number in LB, the scene where Emeth volunteers to go into the stable, he and Rishda sing a duet face-off. Emeth volunteers to enter the stable and Rishda tries to talk him out of it as a musical number.

I even had a picture in my head that during the Battle of Stable Hill, Tirian and Rishda sing a face-off, and the Narnians and Calormenes sing as a chorus; Eustace and Jill try to sing along, and as they are doing it, Rishda tries to nudge them out of the main melody, showing how much authority he has, and Tirian tries to nudge them back to the main melody. The dwarfs could even sing a totally different melody.

Honestly, I think if the HHB were a musical I would want a bollywood musical.

I want to see Aravis have a dance number and song at Lasaraleen's house.

Rabadash would have his own dance and song trying to impress Susan.

Back