Stained Glass Font

EveningStar

Mage Scribe
Staff member
Knight of the Noble Order
Royal Guard
I did not get a stained glass font. But this is a sample of one I am building. I simply take a regular true type font, put it in a vector graphics program, and draw little bits of "stained glass" color over the top of it as shapes.

The outside rim of gold, or KEYLINE as we call it, is set to "behind the fill" and makes a nice rim.

You can either make the inserts jewel color or make them all gold. Up to you.

titlegraphic.jpg

Last edited:
You won't be able to load it and type in it. It's someting you do to the letters AFTER you type them.

It's one of the many effects I am going to use on the new BYRON ON WELLS site that will appear in the near future.

I can also do hand built caligraphic letters like the sweep N in "Narnia" on the movie. That also is not something you can just type in, but you can copy and paste the individual letters into your art and arrange them to form words.

I work part time for an advertising agency as a free-lance graphic artist. Because much of what I do is vector art (like Adobe Illustrator, Corel DRAW or EPS) I can create effects you don't usually get in paint programs, such as letters that stand up like the Hollywood sign seen at an angle, with drop shadows that spread out behind them or text that receeds into the distance like the famous "STAR WARS" opening titles scene where the intro narrative retreats up and away into darkness.

Ooh! Cool!

Gee, Magister, maybe I ought to contract you to do my company logo! All my attempts have been clunky and crude - but then, I do databases, not graphics.

Back