Mod Q&A Thread II

The reason why i think this:
Members: 4,065, Active Members: 1,378
So the percentage of active members in comparation to total members is about 33.9% (wow, can i do my math :p).
There are 129 pages on the member list. 33.9% of the 129 is about 43. So when your on page 129-43=86 (at least, if you start with 0 posts on page one) you see the sudden twist from 9 to 10 posts. (see this page)

So, that's why i said that, it seemed the most logic explaination. But maybe the mods know better? :eek:

And no, i'm not going to check all the 'last logged in date' to see if that happends to work out too:p

It is a bit weird, I mean if I weren't a mod I'd just be a Senior Member even though I've been here years and I used to have a post count higher than 1,000...

TOJ!!!!! You're back here :D I missed you, sis! (We drove GKoN crazy and i think he left, and RF is just soooo non-evil... :p)

I was wondering: is there any way you can make the search function search for ALL of your keywords in the SAME post? It keeps showing me posts with only 1 of my keywords.

so what is the difference between the quick post opiton and the post reply button?

The quick reply allows you to reply onto the page without loading a "Send a Post" page, but does not show you the options of what you can add to a post, like smilies and colors. If you use the post reply button, it will load the "Send a Post" page and show you all the options of what you can add to a post.

Excuse me, but that was a question for the mods. I am a mod. You are not. Therefore I answer the question. *glares*

I am afraid that Derny (Dernhelm) is not a Duffer.

I have a question: How do you guys pic mods? I mean, do you just look at the TDL members with the most logged-in hours and pic them to be mods? Or do you have real-life friends who you make become mods? Or something else?

Did the mods delete the 100,000 post thread? :)

Yes. In an effort to get the forum running properly, without the busy forum message, we had to delete that thread. For those who don't know, when threads get too big the server has a hard time loading the forum, so it shuts down and says its busy. That thread, with its thousands of posts, was bogging down the server.

Currently, we have only soft deleted it so members can't see or post in it. We have tried hard deleting it (removing it from the server) but the forum shuts down when we try and says its busy. We are trying some other alternatives soon, so please don't be too fustrated with the busy server message.

The morale of this story? Threads will no longer exceed 2000 posts. Ever. Instead, we will move the thread and create a second one in its place.

I have a question: How do you guys pic mods? I mean, do you just look at the TDL members with the most logged-in hours and pic them to be mods? Or do you have real-life friends who you make become mods? Or something else?

Hey Skulblaka_Shur'tugal! This is a great question. We don't use either method to choose mods. Instead, we use the method below. This is copied from the General FAQ

Write thoughtful, meaningful, and polite posts and threads. Know the rules, and follow them. (ie DON'T SPAM!!) Keep a cool head when talking to other members, especially if they are new or if you have a different opinion then them. Other then that, there is nothing really more you can do. If you are mod material, Specter will find you, not the other way around. Enjoy your time as a member and one day you too may be a mod.

Last edited:
Back