Have you ever noticed...

Pip

...that in most of the pictures you see of Mr. Tumnus, he's never got a shirt on and yet, he's perfectly fine walking around in a snowstorm. I always wondered about that Any thoughts?

Lucy: (lisps) Oh Mr Tumnus, why aren't you wearing a shirt?
Mr Tumnus: You know my dear, I don't have a clue. Perhaps it's because some muppet of an author decided that I shouldn't, and should wander around in a century long winter with nothing more than a mangy old umbrella to protect me. Perhaps the esteemed creator of this series of books thought that, since it was a book for children, he could forget about the basic comforts of a lowly faun. I know not. (bitter expression)
Lucy:Erm...
Mr Tumnus:You know what else annoys me? That that absolute idiot of a writer decided that I should provide you with toast and crumpets before enchanting you and taking you off to the White Witch! Have you even the slightest clue how long it took for me to find the bread?!? We don't just have a Tesco's down the road you know!! I had to trek all the way down to CALORMEN for this bread!! You know why?!? (vindictive)
Lucy: (whimpers)
Mr Tumnus: Because, my dear Daughter of Eve, that royal TURNIP of an author didn't think before making his ridiculous statement about toasts and crumpets!!! How, pray tell, HOW can one grow grain in a century long winter?!?!? Honestly, if I EVER find that piece of armpit hair, I'll teach him a thing or two about book writing!
Lucy: (runs away)
Mr Tumnus: (mad giggle) Yes... there shall be... thick wooly coats for all fauns... And the crumpets shall flow all the year round... Yes...

Hehe... don't worry, I don't really think C.S Lewis is a turnip... :eek: Just a little inconsiderate of the feelings of innocent fauns...

Johan 72109 said:
Lucy: (whimpers)
Mr Tumnus: if I EVER find that piece of armpit hair, I'll teach him a thing or two about book writing!
Lucy: (runs away)
The Chronicles of Terror by Johan. :eek:

Johan 72109 said:
Lucy: (lisps) Oh Mr Tumnus, why aren't you wearing a shirt?
Mr Tumnus: You know my dear, I don't have a clue. Perhaps it's because some muppet of an author decided that I shouldn't, and should wander around in a century long winter with nothing more than a mangy old umbrella to protect me.

Don't forget, he's also got a red scarf :D

Ok, maybe I shouldn't have asked, but it was really bugging me and I wanted to see what other people thought.

Johan, I was wondering about that bread thing the other day too.

he is a satyrs right?
hmmmmmmhmmmm
u know creatures in Narnia have supernatural powers not like the humans..
just as lieke said, maybe he got furs all ove rhis body and does not nit any shirt...
ohh,, by the way i enjoy reading The Chronicles of Terror by Johan... ;)

~m2yu~

Narnia is an imaginary place. An author, especially an author of childrens books, is allowed such conveniences. "Oh look, I have some bread! How about that!" Plus he was in kahoots with the witch and she's magical. Maybe they had a place where they grew it and so they rationed it. She would want to keep some subjects alive. Otherwise who whould she rule?

Welcome, M2yu. I don't remember seeing you post before. I am sure Johan would be happy to write you a terrifying vignette or two, probably with cuddly puppies being kidnapped and/or eliminated. He's very frightening.

m2yu said:
he is a satyrs right?
hmmmmmmhmmmm
u know creatures in Narnia have supernatural powers not like the humans..
just as lieke said, maybe he got furs all ove rhis body and does not nit any shirt...
ohh,, by the way i enjoy reading The Chronicles of Terror by Johan... ;)

~m2yu~

He's a faun, and fauns always go shirtless.

:D

Back