Eragon/Eldest/Brisingr- Christopher Paolini III - Post all Eragon here

I found it softbound in a American Bookstore in Poland.Seems funny it gets to Poland quicker than all over the US.

Yes that it annoying, that you can get it in softbound and I can't find it anywhere I mean. They should send books out at the same time to everywhere.:D

I also want to know what happens to Murtagh. That seems to be one of the ever looming questions for this series.:p

That's the main thing I want to know.:D

I'm pretty sure it's a safe bet to say that Galbatorix and Murtagh will both be dead by the end of the book. And maybe Saphira.

(OK, I haven't read Brisingr, but I read the synopsis, and that's my guess^.)

I'm pretty sure it's a safe bet to say that Galbatorix and Murtagh will both be dead by the end of the book. And maybe Saphira.

By the end of the 4th book? Or the end of the 3rd? I'm sorry but I'm not following you there :eek:.....

and Saphira is not aloud to die! We named our car after her! lol

Even if he does die (which I can see happening) I hope he turns good first. If he doesn't I'm going to be miffed.

EEEEE MURTAGH DON'T DIE!!!!!!OR ELSE I'LL.....*awkward pause*
Well just don't die-please.And if Saphira dies,i will be very very sad.She's one of my favorites.
And by the way I heard the 4th book is called "Eldunari", but I can't be sure.

Last edited:
EEEEE MURTAGH DON'T DIE!!!!!!OR ELSE I'LL.....*awkward pause*
Well just don't die-please.And if Saphira dies,i will be very very sad.She's one of my favorites.
And BTW-i heard the 4th book is called "Eldunari",but i can't be sure.

I don't want him to die either, but I can see it fitting in a bad sort of way. (That probably doesn't make sense.)
I don't think Saphira should die. Not at all.
Hmm. That could be a possibility, but it doesn't have six letters. It does start with an "e", though.

I'm just hoping we avoid what authors do just because a series is ending, kill a character just for drama.

Since no-one can anticipate what is to come after the final book, it should be left "open" so the story can continue.

Killing a major character would defeat this purpose.

I am fully expecting Galby to die though.

Murtaugh, well, that's up in the air. He may or may not get killed.
But if he survives and Galby doesn't, he'll be released from his oaths.

King Galby will die
Murtagh might
Saphira won't

But knowing that the author came up with the ideas for these stories when he was only 15 I doubt Saphira will die and I don' think Murtagh will but he might.

Most baddies-turned-good die. I mean Darth Vader, the New Goblin, Doc Ock, heaps of characters from westerns...etc. I wonder why.

I don't think I'll be reading Book IV, though, if it has more of that atheistic elf stuff.:eek: That, or I'll skip those bits.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I was actually surprised to see that elves have gone practical in this book.

Although I have little experience outside of Inheritance, mostly elves are flightly magic users.

It's interesting to see them as something different.

Most baddies-turned-good die. I mean Darth Vader, the New Goblin, Doc Ock, heaps of characters from westerns...etc. I wonder why.

and Bluestar, but she never was really evil, just very confused....

I got Brisingr in softbound at wal-mart!:D aaaand I read an excerpt from the 4th book that was in it! Can I tell you what it was about? can I? can I?!? oh well I'm going to tell you anyway:

*SPOLIERS*

The Varden Ally with dun dun dun dun du dun, the Werecats!:D there are apprently a bunch more of them than anybody thought and they're going to help with the war!:D and the Werecats have control over Regular Cats!:D

and Bluestar, but she never was really evil, just very confused....

I got Brisingr in softbound at wal-mart! aaaand I read an excerpt from the 4th book that was in it! Can I tell you what it was about? can I? can I?!? oh well I'm going to tell you anyway:

*SPOLIERS*

The Varden Ally with dun dun dun dun du dun, the Werecats!:D there are apprently a bunch more of them than anybody thought and they're going to help with the war!:D and the Werecats have control over Regular Cats!:D

That definitely sounds like something you would like.:D

*SPOLIERS*

HUZZAH!!!WERECATS!SOLEMBUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D
*cough cough*Sorry,i have severe C.A.D.(Cat Addiction Disorder) and W.A.D.(Werecat Addiction Disorder).*cuddles a disgruntled-looking Solembum*
Can't wait for book 4 to come out!!!

For me personally I think it would be neat to see Murtagh turn good by the end but I just have a deep uhh.... fascination for him. :D I'm still wondering who the next rider will be in Book 4 and I'm wondering about the name of the book also. How will Galbatorix die and will he hatch the last egg before the "final battle???" These are all my questions he needs to answer soon.... :D:D I can't wait till Book 4!

Although I think my favorite character in the series is Solembum!

Back