Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I love the movies, but haven't read the books yet

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I'm all about the movies - forget the books

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • What books?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I chose the 'i'm mostly about the books, but enjoy the movies'-option. I joined this site because of the books, and the books i still love. They are amazing books, full of beautiful stories, good morals and funny things. They really made me see the wonderful things of Aslan in a whole new light, when i first read them.

When i joined, i found out about a month later that a movie was going to be made of LWW. I really love the LWW movie, i think it's pretty good! Then the waiting for PC began, but when it came out, i was (as many others) quite dissapointed. I don't think it was a total loss either, but to say i liked it, not really that much.

I will always like the books, but i'm really curious about the next movie too. I like both:D

I did it's all about the books!

I'm happy to watch the films but they pale into insignificance against the brilliance of Lewis' writing. There's so much more depth in the books and they feel more magical to me!

The movies are enjoyable to me however, and I still look forward to the next ones!!

I did it's all about the books!

I'm happy to watch the films but they pale into insignificance against the brilliance of Lewis' writing. There's so much more depth in the books and they feel more magical to me!

The movies are enjoyable to me however, and I still look forward to the next ones!!
I agree with you, there is so much depth and magical feeling in the books that isn't in the movies. But i also agree with the part about looking forward to the movies anyway :)

I like the books better than the movies, but I really liked the first movie as well. I think the second movie wasn't as good as the first one.

I loved the books. looovvveeeddd them. minus that one part with the nightmare island. that freaked me out.

the first movie:D
the second one:mad:
smilies speak for themselves.

:cool:

P.S. caspian is supposed to be fallin for the star's daughter, but they had him kiss su... entire family :mad:

I'm right there with the general trend of most folks in this forum-loving the books, and liking the movies (so far anyway!) I still hope they make all 5 more though!

I agree totally. Though I've found the two first films a little dissapointing, my desire to see MN and HHB realised as films means I still want the whole series done. I would so LOVE those books to be films!!!!!

I am 100% for the books. THe movies are taking way too many liberties. I am purist regarding The Chronicles of Narnia and the only exception I make is for the LWW film.

But the LWW film is one of the TWO films that were made, so you make an exeption for 50% of it? Or am i missing something.

Personally, i loved LWW, didn't like PC as much, but if Voyage is good, i'll be soooo happy about that:D

I suppose you could look at it that way, however I had limited choices regarding what I could vote. I didn't want to vote that I like the books and movies equally because that would be untruthful. So I voted that I love the books and the LWW film. I doubt I shall love VODT and I definately did not love PC.

I remember my first encounter with Narnia. I was in 5th grade and we had to choose something to read, so I found a book of short stories. The one and ONLY reason I chose the short story I did was because I was a total WWII fanatic (Yes, in 5th Grade I swallowed up everything and anything about WWII), and wouldn't you know it, this short story was L,W & W. I KNOW it was in a book, but then it could've been the collected works but I had no knowledge maybe. I was so mesmerized by the story, that when I saw the beginning of LWW, I KNEW this was my 5th grade book. That Lampost was one of two things that I remember about the book. The first was the German bombers. I'm glad they at least had the German Pilots speaking German.

I had no idea what connection Prince Caspian had to the LWW. I didn't even know we had the movie on DVD?! Our blockbuster had a sale of 5 for $10.00 and PC was one of them. My taking Mom to and from Dialysis was the big turning point for me. Lately, I've visited the ROSS across Dialysis, and love collecting toys. From August 2009 even till today, I found these "Prince Caspian" toys there. I went wild for them. This November, I found Prince Caspian in our Movie shelf. That was it... I made the connection. I was hooked! I went back and watched LWW. Now, I have to get my lazy self to the Library to borrow some of those books! I LOVED PC, and my favorite warrior REEPICHEEP!

Maybe I'm dense, but I NEVER made the religious connection in Narnia. I just read a good book, and watched some awesome movies! My older brother made the connection for me. You know, I'm really quiet, but somehow I feel comfortable enough to yak here. Sorry... hope this was somehow related to the issue here. I'm prettty sure it was, right? :)

hope this was somehow related to the issue here. I'm prettty sure it was, right? :)
Yes, it was related to the issue here but it wasn't so clear what you favor more, the books or the movies? or both the same? Did you vote?

Oh, and one thing. There were no German bombers in the book, lol!!! but it was a good addition to the story IN the movie (see? I'm not against EVERY change:rolleyes:)

the books are waaaaaaaaay better!!! i hated the movies. i cant believe c.s. lewis' step son allowed them to be made! i am glad c.s. lewis is dead so he did not have to see what they made of his books!

The books are much better; without the books, you would not have the films!
They're the right kind of fantasy - not too hardcore and easy to follow.

The films are O.K. I'm pretty so-so when it comes to Hollywood films these days. They both strayed from the books - Caspian moreso, but LWW still did a bit too, sadly. LWW seemed quite dumbed down too in areas. All Hollywood effect, I guess. I look forward to Dawn Treader because I feel with all that happens there is a lot of potential to make it decent and close to the book. :)

Welcome, Sir Cabbage! I didn't see you post before. :)

I agree with you in the main but I did think LWW was a pretty decent film that was more or less true to the book.

Back