BBC Radio 4 Narnia

jasmine tarkheena

I wonder if anyone has listened to the Radio BBC 4 adaption of Narnia. It doesn't get a whole of attention. Though I think they're pretty decent. There were some minor changes.

For example, The Silver Chair actually started with the Lady of the Green calling on powers and her scheme to become Queen of Narnia. Even in The Last Battle, it started with Rishda praying to Tash (I'm assuming in Tashbaan).

Has anyone listen to the BBC Radio 4 Adaption of Narnia? If so, any thoughts? Any noticeable changes from the books?

(((hugs))) Princess Frances... You shared the links from a spirit of generosity and kindness. Thank you.
"There is no need to talk.. about what is past." (LWW Chapter 13)

By the way, Jasmine Tarkheena and Princess,
I just started listening to the BBC set that I purchased after I first started following this thread, and I finished The Magician's Nephew yesterday. Having the storyline compressed into two CDs (each Chronicle is given 2 CDs in this 14-disc set), means the action is rather compressed and the plot is somewhat streamlined (e.g., no mattress for Aunt Letty to land on safely, and no first joke). However, the adaptation does keep to the spirit and general narrative arc of the book. The creation is outstanding; and I especially enjoyed the voice acting of Digory's mother, Uncle Andrew, Jadis and Strawberry.

(((hugs))) Princess Frances... You shared the links from a spirit of generosity and kindness. Thank you.
"There is no need to talk.. about what is past." (LWW Chapter 13)

By the way, Jasmine Tarkheena and Princess,
I just started listening to the BBC set that I purchased after I first started following this thread, and I finished The Magician's Nephew yesterday. Having the storyline compressed into two CDs (each Chronicle is given 2 CDs in this 14-disc set), means the action is rather compressed and the plot is somewhat streamlined (e.g., no mattress for Aunt Letty to land on safely, and no first joke). However, the adaptation does keep to the spirit and general narrative arc of the book (I especially liked the creation; and I enjoyed the voice acting of Digory's mother, Uncle Andrew, Jadis and Strawberry).
Thank you for being compassionate.
I wish i'd had a mother like you instead of... the one of my family of origin.

Back