BBC Pevensies or New Pevensies

Which Pevensie actors do you like better.

• BBC version Actors

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • Walden Media version actors

Votes: 55 91.7%

• Total voters
What's a Pevinisie? :confused:

*snickers*

I watched (or tried to watch anyway) the first part of LWW-BBC version, and I have to say, I'm spoiled on the new Pevensies. I didn't like the BBC Lucy at all, and the animals....oh good grief, can i say that I just flat-out laughed all the way through the first part?

Same here!!! I watched the BBC movies about a month ago, and they were so awful I vowed never to complain about Andrew Adamson again! xD

All in all, I dislike the BBC versions, but I'm giving them some credit until I see whether the new producers come up with a cooler Puddleglum. He was the one redeeming factor of the BBC movies for me.

I love the BBC adaptations for their faithfulness. I like the acting better in the new versions. I like many of the features and effects in the new versions, though, to be honest, I'd prefer some of the BBC effects over the occasional fake and failed effects we OCCASSIONALLY see in the new version.

I still have to be true to the BBC versions for the whole nostalgia thing, and understanding that it was a children's show with so much budget. The acting isn't perfect there, but I think they fill their roles well. Peter does come across a respectable brother and Edmund a little twerp! Susan has the good rather patronising airs but she shows feeling in the right places. Lucy, I admit didn't really fit the description and she did speak a tad lispy, and seemed older than she should be, but again it's still nice memories of the programme that I can't forget. :)

The new ones are decent in their roles. Will made a bold and handsome Peter.;) Although hm and Susan were cast older than they should have been. It's a shame Lucy wasn't with blonde hair, but she does work as a Lucy. They did choose well for the film, and as a film there is more pressure for the acting to be good, so they -are- better actors in that sense. Occasionally the acting isn't great, like in the beginning with the war happening - though that was partially the script being slightly lame for the first few minutes.

I love both versions the same. The BBC adaptations were more faithful to the books, but the new Narnia films did such a spectacular job. Also in the new Narnia films Georgie Henley looks more like how I imagined Lucy, than the one from the BBC versions. She also does a terrific job as Lucy, and did so even more in VOTD.

I prefer the BBC tenfold to the new movies. The casting was probably better in the Walden films and they're certainly more age appropriate. However, the BBC cast got the luck of the draw with much much better scripts and adaptations. So, the BBC ones are more faithful to the spirit of the characters than the Walden ones. Thus, I must choose the BBC ones. If the new cast had better scripts it would be different. But, the BBC ones are better as the characters. They're faithful to the books.

To me, the Peter and Susan I was looking at in the new films were people going through the motions for Peter and Susan...sort of...but it wasn't them. Susan didn't hardly have a gentle bone in her body and Peter lacked wisdom, honor, nobility...he acted like a spoiled and selfish brat. I know they wanted to empower Susan because they saw her gentleness as weak. Gentleness doesn't have to be weak at all. In the process of empowering her they killed what was Susan. She didn't show up. There was someone running around with her name, but it wasn't the character Lewis wrote. Don't get me wrong, I love Anna and William to bits, I do. They're wonderful people and they're extremely talented. They just got handed bad scripts.

I have to disagree with some of this because in the books Aslan doesn't just say "This is King Peter the Magnificent" or "Queen Susan the Gentle" or "King Edmund the Just" or "Queen Lucy the Valiant" they earned those titles durring their reign which we don't see any of until Horse and His Boy. Actually the book even says that they "became" and "grew" into those titles so we don't really see those qualities while they are "children". Also do we see Edmund being "Just" in any of the movies? (I agree with the bad writing, for Peter especially, in PC him being so selfish and all. It is NOT the way Lewis wrote him. And I think that they started laying the ground for Susan's disbelief of Narnia from the beginning)

On the subject of the BBC actors and the New ones I think the BBC actors did very well for their time and what they had to work with (pupits of beavers that are taller than them, pupit of Aslan, Maugrim wolfman) However I do like the new ones better. I like what QueenLucyTheValiant says about this.

I like the BBC actors the best. Sort of. I think Georgie Henley and Skandar Keynes are great, but I watched the BBC adaption first and so they were how I thought of the Pevensies (and Eustace and Jill). So I'm sort of biased. xD

Last edited:
I definitely like Georgie, Skandar, Anna, and Will better. I'm not a huge fan of the BBC version... I do own it though.

The newer Pevensies are more what I imagined what they looked like when reading the books, rather than BBC Pevensies, but both the old and new Narnia are fantastic. Georgie Henley is spot-on perfect as Lucy!

^^ I like Georgie as a perfect Lucy too!.. I hope to see more of her but I guess I have to wait for HHB to be made into movie..;)

I like the new actors better. I've only seen the BBC versions once, when I was younger, but I vividly remember thinking "Narnia? That's not Narnia. Narnia is beautiful and magical and amazing. That was actually painful to sit through." :p I especially think Georgie Henley made an amazing Lucy. :D

Last edited:
I tell my brothers constantly that the BBC Narnia was a joke. I mean, have you seen the pictures? It just looks all wrong! The White Witch looks like a... I don't know and Aslan looks like a stuffed animal. I haven't watched the BBC Narnia because I'm slightly afraid I'll be scarred, but I've seen pictures off Google images. YES to New Pevensies-- I <3 Peter with all my heart. :)
--HighQueenKaty

I tell my brothers constantly that the BBC Narnia was a joke. I mean, have you seen the pictures? It just looks all wrong! The White Witch looks like a... I don't know and Aslan looks like a stuffed animal. I haven't watched the BBC Narnia because I'm slightly afraid I'll be scarred, but I've seen pictures off Google images. YES to New Pevensies-- I <3 Peter with all my heart. :)
--HighQueenKaty
The White Witch is a delight in the BBC adaptation, her look is based on the original book illustrations. Aslan is a Large Puppet, but doesn't look or act like it, save that his mouth movements are a bit slow to the voice. I've seen both the LWW & the SC adaptations from BBC and both are stellar, albeit low-budget productions. Some of the Effects have become seriously dated, but if you can get past that then they are pretty faithful to the text. SC is my favorite.
I must state that PC and VDT have been made into one adaptation, I never got to see this one, but apparently PC gets the sort stick compared to VDT.

Back