Attention-Deficit Roleplaying

In the meantime, inside the SS Derelict, life continued as normal, or at least as normal as things could get in that ship. Pippin was able to find himself another drum, but in order to avoid another brouhaha from the circus performers, he was given new quarters which, unknown to everyone except a couple of deep cover agents and a bat, were right next to a small compartment near a starboard bulkhead, a compartment that did not show in any schematics of the ship, either before or after it had gone through several modifications.

Over there, where nobody could hear, Pippin banged the darn thing to his heart's content, seeing that there were no red alerts that required him to be busy pushing the button.

Not being given an answer to her question of whether it had been Grey Eagle being talked about, Queenie took off to go see Dwayne Johnson's "Hercules" movie as a guilty pleasure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Meanwhile Godzilla announced that he wanted to branch out as an actor. Having starred in films since the 1954 he was ready to do something more then just be "the big giant lizard monster that rises out of the water and stomps on cities or fights another big monster."

"I am a serious, classically trained actor. My critics have complained since my debut that none of my films had any substance or plot. I want to show them a thing or two."

So he called his agent to try and set something up for his next career making roll.

The agent told Godzilla, "I can help you, and you can help a fellow monster. Ever hear of Gorgo?"

"Can't say as I have," replied Godzilla.

"Not surprising. Not only is he far less well known than you are, but he isn't from the Japanese cinema. He was the star of one of the VERY few city-stomping-monster movies to be made in BRITAIN. Since he's a Brit of sorts, he's interested in doing Shakespeare now that he's older. He lacks the star power to carry a lead; but if we had YOU named above the title, Gorgo could be given a good supporting role in that production, leaving him the possibility of starring roles farther down the road. For example, if you played Romeo, Gorgo could be Tybalt. How's that sound to you, Zill?"

"Hmm," said Godzilla. " That sounds very interesting. However, before I sign off on the project, I have to know who will be playing Juliet. Would the T-Rex from Jurassic Park be available? She's given some spellbinding performances and I admit, I have had a bit of a crush on her since 1993."

Last edited:
"No problem, Zill old pal. T-Rex has been miffed that she lost the fight with the Spinosaurus in the last Jurassic movie, so she'll appreciate being treated with respect. I'll ring her up, and put you in a conference call with her and me."

"Wonderful!" said Godzilla. "I'm in!"

The agent made the call to T-Rex who was excited to work with a screen legend like Godzilla. The deals were inked for Godzilla, T-Rex from Jurassic Park, and Gorgo to star in a big screen adaptation of Romeo & Juliet. Also joining them would be King Kong as Paris, Mothera as Mercutio, The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms as Friar Laurence, Gamera as The Prince, and The Rancor monster from Star Wars as the Nurse. Other classic giant monsters joined the cast, including the Kaiju from Pacific Rim, Rodan, the monster from Cloverfield, the Leviathan from the Avengers.

Concerns rose over Michael Bay being tapped to direct. However those fears took a back seat when the tabloids started to report on an off -screen romance between Godzilla and the T-Rex. Godzilla even went on The View to speak on these rumors, only to eat the hostesses, including guest hosts Oprah and Rosie O'Donnell. When asked why he said,

"Oh, I heard they were hostesses, so I figured they were like Hostess cakes!"

This set production back as Godzilla had to enter a 12 step program for eating people.

Last edited:
A little boy dressed in green, still young enough to have his baby teeth, flew in circles over Michael Bay's movie set, pelting the director with acorns.

"You should come with me to the Neverland," he said, "For you seem to be the only other boy to have never grown up!"

When Michael Bay accepted the offer, another director was needed. Preferably one who knew how to handle weird creatures and yet at the same time bring a sense of pathos to even the most wretched and disgusting creature and make you feel a sense of compassion for them. To that end, they hired Andy Serkis.

Once he was tapped to direct he even made sure to make sure Godzilla didn't eat any one else. Production took off, and early reviews raved about the movie, saying "It's is Godzilla's finest Performance", "Not since Franco Zeferelli's classic film has the story been so moving." "T-Rex lights on the screen as Juliet" British reviewers were happy to see Gorgo make it back to the silver screen.

Then the movie opened...

When Michael Bay accepted the offer, another director was needed. Preferably one who knew how to handle weird creatures and yet at the same time bring a sense of pathos to even the most wretched and disgusting creature and make you feel a sense of compassion for them. To that end, they hired Andy Serkis.

Once he was tapped to direct he even made sure to make sure Godzilla didn't eat any one else. Production took off, and early reviews raved about the movie, saying "It's is Godzilla's finest Performance", "Not since Franco Zeferelli's classic film has the story been so moving." "T-Rex lights on the screen as Juliet" British reviewers were happy to see Gorgo make it back to the silver screen.

Then the movie opened...

At the movie's premiere, a mob of zombies held a protest, complaining that the movie should have included a zombie-rampage subplot. Gorgo tried pointing out to them that no zombies had approached the movie company before production began, so they shouldn't be complaining now.

Godzilla and Gorgo contemplated eating the Zombies but decided against it as they were concerned that they would "turn". So Eli from the Book of Eli were called in to do some Zombie stomping, allowing the premier to go off with out a hitch.

The movie ended up opening big in the US, with huge international openings in England ( because of Gorgo) , and Japan ( because of Godzilla). Positive word of mouth lead it to being the highest grossing film of all time. There were also rumors of pending nuptials between Godzilla and T-Rex.

The agent who had brought them all together now advised Gorgo to proceed with cautious optimism. What this came to was producing a film with a much lower budget, an "arty" film. Literally about art. Gorgo was to star as a brilliant sculptor. The Blob, and the shape-changing Terminator from the second Terminator movie, were signed on for the movie also; each of them was to portray eight or ten different statues sculpted by Gorgo.

"No," said a teenage girl, "The Blob and Godzilla are in love."

"But," the director patiently explained, "That's impossible."

"No it's not," said the teenage girl, "I read a fanfiction about it."

The director patiently explained that this was not fanfiction, but the girl would have none of it.

"We fanfiction writers know better than you," she said, "Who knows the work better than the fans? We're much less likely to misinterpret things. We even know better than the writers, most of the time."

She affixed a wedding veil to The Blob.

T-Rex ate the teenager who was trying to affix the veil to the Blob as it was HER veil for HER special day and no idiotic teen who wrote a bad fan fic was going to stand in the way. This brought a whole new meaning to the word "Bridezilla."

Overhearing talk about fan fiction, another, slightly younger teenage girl showed up, demanding to be made the main character of whatever it was.

King Kong decided to show her just what happens to " the main pretty girl" in a movie like his and began to climb up the Empire State building with her...only to drop her once he reached the top.

In order to limit characters dying in this random roleplay, the Blob (switching off her corrosive effect) cushioned the dippy girl's fall. The grateful teenybopper said, "Blobby, I owe you big time. There's one way I can repay you: a piece of advice. Before you try to get back together with Godzilla, you need to make sure how he really feels about the T-Rex."

This was despite the fact that Godzilla and T-Rex had already gotten married in a secret ceremony on Monster Island, in which The Cracken from the original Clash of the titans served as the officiator, and had four hatchlings, Gadzookie, Lizzie, Rex, and Bob ( which incidentally is the true origin of the Godzilla featured in the 1998 movie).

The Blob was sad for weeks on end when she learned this, up until she met Slimer from the Ghostbusters movies.

Slimer was between jobs just then. The Ghostbusters were unavailable for new movies, because the U.S. Energy Department was questioning them about the possibility of their rayguns being used as a public energy source.

Back