Mod Q&A Thread II

Yes. In an effort to get the forum running properly, without the busy forum message, we had to delete that thread. For those who don't know, when threads get too big the server has a hard time loading the forum, so it shuts down and says its busy. That thread, with its thousands of posts, was bogging down the server.

Currently, we have only soft deleted it so members can't see or post in it. We have tried hard deleting it (removing it from the server) but the forum shuts down when we try and says its busy. We are trying some other alternatives soon, so please don't be too fustrated with the busy server message.

The morale of this story? Threads will no longer exceed 2000 posts. Ever. Instead, we will move the thread and create a second one in its place.
That means my Order of Dragon Riders will start a second thread soon, right? It has almost 1800 posts.

That means my Order of Dragon Riders will start a second thread soon, right? It has almost 1800 posts.

Exactly. Another 200 and a mod will move it. Just note that sometimes mods move threads before the 2000 mark for various reasons, like the amount of time the mod has, or how fast the thread is growing. We are told to move threads between 1000 and 2000 posts.

Hey Skulblaka_Shur'tugal! This is a great question. We don't use either method to choose mods. Instead, we use the method below. This is copied from the General FAQ

Write thoughtful, meaningful, and polite posts and threads. Know the rules, and follow them. (ie DON'T SPAM!!) Keep a cool head when talking to other members, especially if they are new or if you have a different opinion then them. Other then that, there is nothing really more you can do. If you are mod material, Specter will find you, not the other way around. Enjoy your time as a member and one day you too may be a mod.
What that doesn't answer is why anyone would want to be a mod...

hb, why aren't you duffering properly anymore? have you become *shudders* mature? have you developed a... a... life...?

Lolz, not exactly. I don't have the time to properly Duffer anymore. It involves time, something that I just don't have. However, I will try every once in a while to look at what's going on, and maybe add my "comments." Until then, you will have to live with MFNM.

Protagonist said:
isdfghkvau

Bless you

PrinceOfTheWest said:
What that doesn't answer is why anyone would want to be a mod...

Who says we wanted to be mods? Word on the street is Paul promotes you, and if you don't like it then he tracks you down and throws spam at your house. And that stuff is disgusting.

Who says we wanted to be mods? Word on the street is Paul promotes you, and if you don't like it then he tracks you down and throws spam at your house. And that stuff is disgusting.
So that's why it says:

If you are mod material, Specter will find you...

I mean, it only needs a 'mhuahahahahahaha, you cannot hide' at the end. It sounds soo creepy:eek::p

I have a question: why can't you see who gave you reputation?

So that's why it says:

If you are mod material, Specter will find you...

I mean, it only needs a 'mhuahahahahahaha, you cannot hide' at the end. It sounds soo creepy:eek::p

I have a question: why can't you see who gave you reputation?

i guess it's so you don't return reputations without reason just to get more reputations etc.

(mod recruiting sounds like proper nazgûl work........:eek:)

Actually, it's more like "tapping". Like, with a large staff.

Think of the invitation to the Skull & Bones society: "Skull & Bones: accept or reject?" Simple and to the point.

Wasn't there going to be a change to the layout of the forum with the release of Prince Caspian?

I'm bumping this question, because I want to know the answer, too :)

Think of the invitation to the Skull & Bones society: "Skull & Bones: accept or reject?" Simple and to the point.

Accept when you answer "Reject" we say "try again."

Lieke, unless this is a Mod power, you should be able to see who gave you rep, in which thread, when, and their comment (if any), by clicking on 'User CP' up at the top.

For example :mad::

Attachments

• Reputation.jpg
    Reputation.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 67
Since this is the Mod Q & A thread, and since mostly members "Q" and mods "A", it seems to me time for us mods to "Q" a bit. So here's mine:

Why is it that when you send something by ship it's a "cargo", but when you send it by car it's a "shipment"?

Huh? Huh?

Back