Super Mods!

Should we get super mods?

• Yes

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • No

Votes: 21 58.3%

• Total voters

Kermit With Sword

This is a thread where, i want no posting only voting in the poll which i will have set up in a sec.

I've seen in other threads, SUPER MODS!!
mods with more power then regular mods, but still weaker then admins.
i'm PMing specter on this, so mods don't close this thread, till i've discussed it with him.
(p.s. super mods don't take the place of regular mods. u have both!)

Me know that you no want posting :D But I don't think that we need any better mods or more powerful mods than we have now, these mods are doing a good job with their power and keeping this site in order.

Just out of curiousity what sorts of powers should badgers...I mean Super Mods....have beyond being able to delete threads and posts beyond recovery and change users' settings and signatures?

I agree. The mods have the most power closet to Spector. If they had anymore power they might as well destroy spector and the other mods and rule the Dancing lawn with a dictatorship.

Regular Mods: Only have control of one or two forums

Super Mods: Have control in all forums

Sorry, but we are already super mods!

I think so! Super Mods, exploring the forums, helping their lower ranking members, and moving and deleting threads everywhere!!!:D DUH DUH DUH DUUUUUUU! SUPER MODS!

(sorry guys, I just think they should have some kind of theme!)

regular mods can close threads delete post, etc, etc, using their computer of course
what if these super mods have extra super powers???
like superman, and other superheroes..:D
they can fly, disappear, etc.
what the heck, these mods can turn into animals already. they don't need to be super than that.

We mods have always had an excellent relationship with our admin Specter. He's always been sensitive to our concerns and our toolkit has always been up to the task of managing this board.

It's kind of you to keep our best interest in mind. If you really want to help us help you, please read the FAQ and use common sense in posting.

Last edited:
I'm curious why you think we need these Super Mods? We have those kinds of abilities and responsibilities. So please, do tell why you think we need more people and the like basically.

tg

What do you mean, 'should we get super mods'? Heck, we have super mods!!!

{payments accepted in PayPal or credit card, you guys;)}

its not that we're trying to be picky dear. its just that on other websites there are levels of mods. some have power only in certain forums while others have power over all. In essence all the current mods are super mods. We can take care of any problem (pretty much) on our own. So there is no need for a super mod. However you could possibly argue the need in the future for lesser mods. As this site grows that could be something Paul might consider. Might I suggest changing the question from Should we have super mods to should we have forum specific mods? It wouldn't happen overnight and it might never happen. But I don't think we will ever have mods with more power than the current ones. But someday we might have mods assigned to specific forums. Does that explain more what we're saying?

I could see eventually having regular moderators for each forum, and in fact some forums used to have those moderators (who have disappeared randomly). I've seen the moderator levels and leveling thing, and have ideas about it. One thing is that, if there's a problem, and the right moderator isn't online, it takes longer to resolve the problem...having only super mods gives me the ability to work on my other projects, knowing that this one is in good hands while I make sure that the website is up to date, and that other projects are getting the time needed.

PoTW said:
What do you mean, 'should we get super mods'? Heck, we have super mods!!!
Good answer! Good answer!

I think it is sad everyone posted in here when Kermit specifically asked no one to post, just to answer the poll! But since everyone did post, I want to say ... any mod can help you in any forum on narniafans, if you didn't know. Although some mods are seen more in specific forums, they can all help you, in any forum. (The only one to be careful of is Darth Badger, apparently! Now we have Darth Rosy and Darth Badger? We are all turning into the Sith!!!)

Back