The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans > The Lantern Waste > The Lamp-post

Notices

The Lamp-post It returns, the general topic forum, combining the general discussion threads from Tumnus, International and Wood between the worlds.

Old 11-13-2017, 09:24 AM

Princess Frances is on a distinguished road
Default In Search Of...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_Sea...28TV_series%29

I really enjoyed this show (and not just because the host was Leonard Nimoy). It dealt with mysteries that I was really interested in: Aliens, ghosts, monsters, lost civilizations, missing persons, etc. Most of the time, you knew you were going to get something good.

Mind you, in the decades since this show was made, some of the mysteries they examined have been solved. One of the episodes dealt with the mystery of Anna Anderson and whether or not she was the Grand Duchess Anastasia of Russia. Of course, we know that mystery has been solved, thanks to DNA Science (which didn't exist when this show was made). Said science proved that Anna Anderson was not Anastasia. In fact, Anastasia died with the rest of her family in 1918.

However, many of the mysteries this show looked at remain unsolved to this very day.

Also, this show looks at history and that perhaps the history we know is not necessarily the right one. One episode dealt with the idea of Chinese explorers making it to North America about a thousand years before Columbus.

Many episodes of this show are available on YouTube. I highly recommend you check them out.