The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans > The Eagle and Child > C.S. Lewis

Notices

C.S. Lewis All things C.S. Lewis

Old 05-10-2008, 06:05 PM

Lucy Fan will become famous soon enough
Default How Did He Die?

I don't think I ever found out. I wish he was alive though. I'd love to sit on the floor and listen to him read one of his books.
________
Best Herbal Vaporizers

Last edited by Lucy Fan; 05-06-2011 at 07:19 PM.
Old 05-10-2008, 06:40 PM
Friend of Narnia

Miss.SunFlower has a spectacular aura aboutMiss.SunFlower has a spectacular aura aboutMiss.SunFlower has a spectacular aura about

I think it was a number of sickness'. I remember one was a heart attack but I don't think tat killed him.

Fantasy>Reality

No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Ireland! Ireland!
Together Standing Tall
Shoulder to Shoulder
We'll Answer Ireland's Call!
Old 05-10-2008, 06:42 PM

Lucy Fan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss.SunFlower View Post
I think it was a number of sickness'. I remember one was a heart attack but I don't think tat killed him.
Oh . Poor guy. I wish he was alive today.
________
Corporate artist affairs

Last edited by Lucy Fan; 05-06-2011 at 07:20 PM.
Old 05-10-2008, 06:53 PM
Friend of Narnia

Miss.SunFlower has a spectacular aura aboutMiss.SunFlower has a spectacular aura aboutMiss.SunFlower has a spectacular aura about

yeah that would be pretty amazing. The man was a genius. I've done many projects and biography's on him for school.

Fantasy>Reality

No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Ireland! Ireland!
Together Standing Tall
Shoulder to Shoulder
We'll Answer Ireland's Call!
Old 05-10-2008, 07:13 PM
Knight of the Stone Table

PrinceOfTheWest is a jewel in the roughPrinceOfTheWest is a jewel in the roughPrinceOfTheWest is a jewel in the roughPrinceOfTheWest is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to PrinceOfTheWest Send a message via MSN to PrinceOfTheWest

Lewis technically died of pneumonia, but it was more an overall breakdown of his health. He'd been rather sickly all his life, and was a smoker (most men were at that time), and had had heart troubles. He'd also been severely weakened by caring for his wife Joy.

Trivia: his death would have garnered more attention but for the fact that it occurred on Nov 22, 1963 - the day John Kennedy was shot.

Officially Elected Dancing Lawn Dad & Mage Verger
(Play courteously! Your father is watching!)
Old 05-10-2008, 07:38 PM

tolkienlewisfan is an unknown quantity at this point

His health started going downhill after Joy died.

But to Sam the evening deepened to darkness as he stood at the Haven ; and as he looked at the grey sea he saw only a shadow on the waters that was soon lost in the West.

"By this all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another." John 13:35

Seabird Rocks! http://www.myspace.com/seabird
Old 05-10-2008, 08:50 PM
Friend of Narnia

Eärendil the Mariner will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceOfTheWest View Post
Trivia: his death would have garnered more attention but for the fact that it occurred on Nov 22, 1963 - the day John Kennedy was shot.
I always thought the date of his death seemed familiar, like something else important happened that day....

Banner and avvie by me

For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory.
Old 05-10-2008, 10:38 PM
Knight of Narnia

BarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to BarbarianKing Send a message via Yahoo to BarbarianKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceOfTheWest View Post
Lewis technically died of pneumonia, but it was more an overall breakdown of his health. He'd been rather sickly all his life, and was a smoker (most men were at that time), and had had heart troubles. He'd also been severely weakened by caring for his wife Joy.

In a sense I think it was better that another event happened on this day. I think he would've disliked it if people began elevating him to a "hero" status or giving him honors in anyway. He spoke of the need to be humble and of the dangers of the "greatest sin" which was pride. I think he is glad that his death was kept "low profile" so to speak.

I makes me banners

Check out my THREAD about meeting Georgie and Will Poulter!
Read my short fanfic about Reepicheep's prophesy.

My graphics thread
My other writing thread.
My DeviantArt Gallery

I am free from the taint of neutrality.
-T. Roosevelt
Old 05-14-2008, 06:56 AM
Friend of Narnia

Elendil is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Elendil

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbarianKing View Post
In a sense I think it was better that another event happened on this day. I think he would've disliked it if people began elevating him to a "hero" status or giving him honors in anyway. He spoke of the need to be humble and of the dangers of the "greatest sin" which was pride. I think he is glad that his death was kept "low profile" so to speak.
yeah, good point

I USED TO BE A TDL LEGEND!!!
Old 05-14-2008, 07:24 AM
Knight of the Stone Table

PrinceOfTheWest is a jewel in the roughPrinceOfTheWest is a jewel in the roughPrinceOfTheWest is a jewel in the roughPrinceOfTheWest is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to PrinceOfTheWest Send a message via MSN to PrinceOfTheWest

Keep in mind that all those points about self-exultation and the danger of pride are only an issue for those of us still here on earth. Lewis was hardly in danger of being distracted by earthly glory after his death - his attention was fixed on things greater than any offered here. But for all that, I think that things played out as God intended. Perhaps if his death had been more noted, his works would have received a flare-up of interest as a "media event", and then died down. As it was, his effect on the world has been slow but growing - a "stealth" attack on the idolatry of the West.

Officially Elected Dancing Lawn Dad & Mage Verger
(Play courteously! Your father is watching!)