The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans > The Eagle and Child > Other Fantasy Worlds

Notices

Other Fantasy Worlds Harry Potter, The NeverEnding Story and Beyond

View Poll Results: Favorite New 52 Justice League Founder?
Superman 1 25.00%
Batman 1 25.00%
Wonder Woman 2 50.00%
The Flash 0 0%
Green Lantern 0 0%
Aquaman 0 0%
Cyborg 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-18-2017, 03:51 PM

WarriorSatyr will become famous soon enoughWarriorSatyr will become famous soon enough

I just saw Justice League. It was amazing! Everything I want from a superhero flick and more.

Oh, and there are two after-credits scenes, so watch out for that.
Old 11-19-2017, 05:20 PM
Friend of Narnia

Aravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorSatyr View Post
I just saw Justice League. It was amazing! Everything I want from a superhero flick and more.

Oh, and there are two after-credits scenes, so watch out for that.
I haven't yet seen it but I cannot wait!

I guess they're taking a cue from Marvel with two post credits scenes? Haha.
Old 11-26-2017, 12:24 PM
Friend of Narnia

Copperfox is a name known to allCopperfox is a name known to allCopperfox is a name known to allCopperfox is a name known to allCopperfox is a name known to allCopperfox is a name known to all

The CW television series of "The Flash" irritates me. Barry Allen can't seem to get together with _anybody!_ Note that I've only seen the first season. Iris is theoretically Barry's true love, but he let her get away to become involved with Eddie. Felicity from the "Arrow" series would have been a _perfect_ love interest for Barry, but the writers would not permit it to happen. Caitlin would _also_ work very well as a sweetheart for Barry, but they won't let _that_ happen either. Grrrr!
Old 11-27-2017, 06:21 PM

WarriorSatyr will become famous soon enoughWarriorSatyr will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperfox View Post
The CW television series of "The Flash" irritates me. Barry Allen can't seem to get together with _anybody!_ Note that I've only seen the first season. Iris is theoretically Barry's true love, but he let her get away to become involved with Eddie. Felicity from the "Arrow" series would have been a _perfect_ love interest for Barry, but the writers would not permit it to happen. Caitlin would _also_ work very well as a sweetheart for Barry, but they won't let _that_ happen either. Grrrr!
Man, are you in for a long ride. A certain wedding is being advertised for season 4, though.
Old 11-27-2017, 10:46 PM
Friend of Narnia

Copperfox is a name known to allCopperfox is a name known to allCopperfox is a name known to allCopperfox is a name known to allCopperfox is a name known to allCopperfox is a name known to all

Now I'm seeing Barry involved with Patty.... and the imbecile is DOING EVERYTHING IN HIS POWER to shoot himself in the foot with her.
Old 11-28-2017, 09:17 PM

It is, quite unfortunately, a trope that the CW feels compelled to use in every single one of their DC shows. 'Arrow' is even worse about this, honestly.

Actually, it's a common theme in superhero shows and films that the heroes are just terrible at relationships. Not sure why.

On the other hand, some network (not sure which one) is going to do a Black Lightning show. The title character will be forty years, old, married, and a father of two, and also a superhero. Sounds like a breath of fresh air to me.
Old 11-29-2017, 12:45 PM
Friend of Narnia

Fresh air indeed!

Meanwhile, in Season Two, The Useless Flash and his friends have had to deal with "Zoom," a monstrous villain SO cruel and wicked and merciless that he makes Reverse Flash appear benevolent. So what happens? NOT ONCE BUT TWICE (once by the aid of Killer Frost, and once by a clever trap), the good guys get the upper hand over Zoom, having a clear chance to kill him and END his reign of terror and murder over TWO Earths. But each time, though knowing that Zoom already is a mass murderer, AND that he is too powerful to keep imprisoned easily, AND that he will keep right on murdering without remorse if he gets away, the astonishingly brain-dead morons LET HIM LIVE.

An old saying applies here: "Who spares the wicked, injures the good."

And my often-repeated (because necessary) Scriptural exposition is also applicable: when Jesus said to love our enemies, He did NOT say or mean that we must positively PREFER the worst of evildoers OVER their innocent victims.

I simply cannot stomach any more viewing of "The Flash," when the good guys make it THEIR ENTIRE AND INVARIABLE BUSINESS to defeat themselves.

Old 11-29-2017, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperfox View Post
Fresh air indeed!

Meanwhile, in Season Two, The Useless Flash and his friends have had to deal with "Zoom," a monstrous villain SO cruel and wicked and merciless that he makes Reverse Flash appear benevolent. So what happens? NOT ONCE BUT TWICE (once by the aid of Killer Frost, and once by a clever trap), the good guys get the upper hand over Zoom, having a clear chance to kill him and END his reign of terror and murder over TWO Earths. But each time, though knowing that Zoom already is a mass murderer, AND that he is too powerful to keep imprisoned easily, AND that he will keep right on murdering without remorse if he gets away, the astonishingly brain-dead morons LET HIM LIVE.

An old saying applies here: "Who spares the wicked, injures the good."

And my often-repeated (because necessary) Scriptural exposition is also applicable: when Jesus said to love our enemies, He did NOT say or mean that we must positively PREFER the worst of evildoers OVER their innocent victims.

I simply cannot stomach any more viewing of "The Flash," when the good guys make it THEIR ENTIRE AND INVARIABLE BUSINESS to defeat themselves.

This is kind of a superhero thing outside of movies, where the villains always die.

Most superheros have a "no-kill" rule, which they follow to the point of lunacy. It's why Arkham Asylum has a reputation as having no standards, and why the Reavers (X-Men villains) even exist.
Old 11-30-2017, 02:28 PM
Scourge of Squirreldom

Glenburne is a name known to allGlenburne is a name known to allGlenburne is a name known to allGlenburne is a name known to allGlenburne is a name known to allGlenburne is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorSatyr View Post
Most superheros have a "no-kill" rule, which they follow to the point of lunacy.
I guess it's a side effect of trying to make them vigilantes without letting them become criminals?

He marked the wood and the cloven ways
With an old captain's eyes,
And he thought how many a time had he
Sought to see Doom he could not see;
How ruin had come and victory,
And both were a surprise.
Old 12-01-2017, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenburne View Post
I guess it's a side effect of trying to make them vigilantes without letting them become criminals?
That and it's kind of a necessary weasel when working with comic books, when you don't want to have to keep coming up with new villains forever, especially when response to a villain is positive. The Joker was implied to have died in his first appearance, but quickly came back.