A HUGE Thank YOU!

NarnianofGryffindor

Hi!
So, I didn't know where else to post this, but I have to say this.

A little background, first. I haven't posted anything in almost 2 years. I've been a member since I was 17 and I'm now 24. And I just have a quick little message.

Thank you to all of TDL and to all of the mods for keeping this place going. When I joined, I needed friends, more than I realized. This place not only gave me the friendship and encouragement I needed, but it also introduced me to my vocation in life.

When I first joined, I got into the fan art and graphics scene. If you've been on here when I was, you probably remember the stuff I posted and made. Because of this site, I went on to major in graphic design in university and I just graduated with my BFA and now working as a professional designer.

It was all possible because of this forum and specifically the threads on this page. Without the encouragement and practice, I probably would have never found interest in this field.

To those who are aspiring artists and creatives, keep going. Never give up and never stop creating.

I wish I can tag people in this, but there are many friends who specifically helped me on this journey. Thanks to everyone, I hope you know who you are. :)

Attached is a sample of some recent Narnia artwork I made recently just for fun.

You can see the whole series here:
http://fred-josh.tumblr.com/tagged/Narnia-Series

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• tumblr_nkv7ruivFu1r5adhoo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_nkv7ruivFu1r5adhoo1_500.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 91
  • tumblr_nkv7ruivFu1r5adhoo2_500.jpg
    tumblr_nkv7ruivFu1r5adhoo2_500.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 90
  • tumblr_nkv7ruivFu1r5adhoo3_500.jpg
    tumblr_nkv7ruivFu1r5adhoo3_500.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 94
  • tumblr_nkv7ruivFu1r5adhoo4_500.jpg
    tumblr_nkv7ruivFu1r5adhoo4_500.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 62
  • tumblr_nkv7ruivFu1r5adhoo7_500.jpg
    tumblr_nkv7ruivFu1r5adhoo7_500.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Josh!!! That's awesome! And congratulations on graduating! I remember your early artwork; you made a very dufferish siggy for me once, I still have it on my computer :D Thanks for the encouragement, too. You make beautiful things, Josh :)

Congratulations Gryffindor! That is fantastic! And so glad you found friends and inspiration here. Don't be a stranger. The place isn't jumping like it was when you were a regular here, but there are still a lot of cool folks around.

Your graphics are amazing! Thanks for sharing them.

Love and blessings to you!

Terrific! Glad to hear you're doing well, and that the community here was an encouragement to you! My writing is also doing well, and I published a few items here on the forum.

I remember you, and I'm happy for you. Of your Narnian samples, I particularly like your vision of Jadis' bell on Charn.

I missed you! And your beautiful work. Your story is incredibly encouraging because I'm currently at school in a similar sort of major and looking for graphic design jobs. Yay for TDL starting us on our chosen careers. XD

Josh, you probably don't know this but I've been following your journey of Facebook. Thanks for sharing your work here!

Back