The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans > The Chronicles of Narnia - The Films and Games > The Silver Chair (Narnia 4)

Notices

The Silver Chair (Narnia 4) The fourth Narnia film, from Mark Gordon Productions, release date unknown. (2018?)

Old 10-03-2013, 12:04 PM
Beloved Disciple

inkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really nice

I agree with Timmy on this one -- as much as I loved Will as Eustace, I want to see a boy about the age he was when VDT was made as Eustace in SC. The books are really about children, not teenagers. (And certainly not adults like Preens Cahspian.)

And I do understand anyone at any age can be bullied, but in the book it is bullying in a school that reduces Pole to tears ... seems more like kid stuff than adult sadism.
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.... 2 Corinthians 5:17
Dame Jax, the Just O.L. -- Officially Elected Dancing Lawn Mum

________
Read my Story Dragonfly Link to my Dragonfly website! Jaxys Dragonfly
Old 10-03-2013, 01:19 PM
Friend of Narnia

~Lava~ will become famous soon enough~Lava~ will become famous soon enough

And it was also very marked that the Experiment House Bullies appeared to be older than Pole and Scrubb

Celebrate International TDL Day with me on December 6th. Wear Green and bake Cookies

Old 10-03-2013, 04:14 PM
Beloved Disciple

inkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Lava~ View Post
And it was also very marked that the Experiment House Bullies appeared to be older than Pole and Scrubb
Good point -- so a 20-year-old Will would just not work.
Still I hope they will find someone else equally as irascible, and I hope they find a good Jill Pole, too. I always picture her as a brunette ...
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.... 2 Corinthians 5:17

________
Old 10-03-2013, 09:11 PM
Friend of Narnia

~Lava~ will become famous soon enough~Lava~ will become famous soon enough

Perhaps it is because it is what I grew up with but when I see Jill I always think of her like the original BBC movie

Celebrate International TDL Day with me on December 6th. Wear Green and bake Cookies

Old 10-04-2013, 12:10 AM
Friend of Narnia

TimmyofOz has a spectacular aura aboutTimmyofOz has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to TimmyofOz

I hope bullying isn't the only focus of the introduction into The Silver Chair. In the BBC version they had the bullying but they cut short the dialog between the two children. They even cut the scene where the two children try to figure out which way is east and them holding their hands out and calling Aslan. They also cut the sweet scene where Scrubb offers Jill a peppermint so she would stop crying. The first chapter of the book is important to show that though there is tension between the two children, they are good children and want to be friends if only they could trust each other. Let's not forget that Lewis' answer to bullying was to give them all a good swatting with the flat side of a sword. Not something that would go over too well in modern England. The new movie should stick to the book and begin with Jill crying off alone when Scrubb comes up on her and have them run off when the hear the others, and not show the actual bullying. The last thing we want is for this to be like an after school TV special on bullying narrated by Michelle Obama.

Aslan is on the Move.
A heart can never be practical until it can be made unbreakable.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:52 AM
Knight of Narnia

BarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to BarbarianKing Send a message via Yahoo to BarbarianKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkspot View Post
Good point -- so a 20-year-old Will would just not work.
Yeah. I don't think they'll bring back Will Poulter for that very reason. At least I hope they don't. Some of you may remember that I met Will back in 2010 when he and Georgie came to California. He was already a very tall person then, about 6ft or more tall. With the age and the height he will not look like a child at all. New faces, more excitement!

I makes me banners

Check out my THREAD about meeting Georgie and Will Poulter!
Read my short fanfic about Reepicheep's prophesy.

My graphics thread
My other writing thread.
My DeviantArt Gallery

I am free from the taint of neutrality.
-T. Roosevelt
Old 10-04-2013, 03:17 AM

Location: On an island in the Med, under an old olive tree...
-Jewel the Unicorn- is on a distinguished road

Well, they managed to get Richard Armitage looking small and sweet in The Hobbit so perhaps the same will be done to Will I mean looking at photos of him now, the only real problem is height... faces can always be worked on to look younger in Hollywood

But if they find a replacement actor who can be another great Eustace then i'm all for it, it's just that Will did so well and you have to remember that having him continue links the silver chair nicely up with the other movies because changing actors can sometimes be annoying for the audience... argh! why do kids have to grow up!? it makes things so complicated!
Old 10-04-2013, 08:28 AM

Liz is on a distinguished road

This is exiting news. I personally hope they keep Will Poulter, since I liked him very much as Eustace. As Jewel says a lot can be done to make people look younger/smaller etc. But Eustace is a school boy and should look like one, I agree with that.

This should be a straight forward story to film, and a lot of exiting stuff is happening, so I hope the film will follow the book fairly closely. Fingers crossed.
Old 10-04-2013, 03:17 PM
Beloved Disciple

I agree with all the wishes for the film to follow the book. And I like Timmy's idea best of how to start the film with the kids running from the bullies rather than actually being bullied, but I bet we are subjected to seeing some of the bullying so people will understand what is happening and why Jill is crying ...

________
Old 10-05-2013, 07:03 AM
Friend of Narnia

CORIN THUNDERFIST II has a spectacular aura aboutCORIN THUNDERFIST II has a spectacular aura aboutCORIN THUNDERFIST II has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyofOz View Post
Let's not forget that Lewis' answer to bullying was to give them all a good swatting with the flat side of a sword. Not something that would go over too well in modern England. The new movie should stick to the book and begin with Jill crying off alone when Scrubb comes up on her and have them run off when the hear the others, and not show the actual bullying. The last thing we want is for this to be like an after school TV special on bullying narrated by Michelle Obama.
I quite agree. I sincerely hope they don't cut the scene where the bullies receive a taste of their own medicine, or change it out of all recognition, especially on the grounds of political correctness. I actually think most people, other than the pc brigade, would actually approve of this scene.