The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans > The Chronicles of Narnia - The Films and Games > The Silver Chair (Narnia 4)

Notices

The Silver Chair (Narnia 4) The fourth Narnia film, from Mark Gordon Productions, release date unknown. (2018?)

Old 10-02-2013, 12:40 AM
Knight of Narnia

BarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to BarbarianKing Send a message via Yahoo to BarbarianKing
Smile Mark Gordon Company's The Silver Chair

It's official! The Silver Chair is to be produced by The Mark Gordon Company!

This thread is for the discussion of this new production including your ideas for the cast, the plot, your hopes and fears for the film.

For my part, I always thought that The Silver Chair was the natural choice for the next film. Sometime ago I heard that Fox would probably make The Magician's Nephew next and I was not in agreement so for me, this is very exciting news indeed!

I makes me banners

Check out my THREAD about meeting Georgie and Will Poulter!
Read my short fanfic about Reepicheep's prophesy.

My graphics thread
My other writing thread.
My DeviantArt Gallery

I am free from the taint of neutrality.
-T. Roosevelt

Last edited by BarbarianKing; 11-13-2013 at 04:31 AM.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:35 AM
Friend of Narnia

~Lava~ will become famous soon enough~Lava~ will become famous soon enough

So my hope is that a new company means more accurate, also, I would just about die if the mess up one of my favorite Narnia scenes. They better have the end right.

Celebrate International TDL Day with me on December 6th. Wear Green and bake Cookies

Old 10-02-2013, 01:53 AM
Friend of Narnia

The Spanish Inquisition is a jewel in the roughThe Spanish Inquisition is a jewel in the roughThe Spanish Inquisition is a jewel in the roughThe Spanish Inquisition is a jewel in the rough

The Silver Chair is my favourite Narnia book, so I'll be interested to see where it goes.

As for actors, I think they should bring John Gielgud back from the dead so he can play Puddleglum. Or better yet, just bring him back from the dead and clone him so he can play everyone. Even Jill.
Old 10-02-2013, 04:47 AM
Friend of Narnia

Narborg is on a distinguished road

As I have said elsewhere, I am hoping that Alan Rickman plays Puddlegum. Will be interesting to see if Will Poulter is still able to play Eustace. They will most probably get a new actor no one has heard off to play Jill. Glimfeather will probably be animated, so were just looking for a voice. Will have to think about Price Rillian and the Lady of the Green Kirtle, but I think that they both end up being someone good looking...

Note to self: need to change Signature sometime.......
Old 10-02-2013, 08:55 AM
Friend of Narnia

QueenSusanofNarnia is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to QueenSusanofNarnia

I nominate myself for Jill Pole.

Lol jk but for seriousness.

In all seriousness though
I'm very very very excited about TSC being next. Like BK said it's the natural choice, particularly if Will Poulter is able to continue as Eustace. I really enjoyed him as Eustace in VOTD despite not particularly loving the film overall.

be good.

writings & ramblings

signature & avatar by me
visit darling images
Old 10-02-2013, 10:04 AM
Friend of Narnia

TimmyofOz has a spectacular aura aboutTimmyofOz has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to TimmyofOz

I hear Will Poulter is already 20. He is getting too old.

Aslan is on the Move.
A heart can never be practical until it can be made unbreakable.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:26 AM
Friend of Narnia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyofOz View Post
I hear Will Poulter is already 20. He is getting too old.
keep in mind that will moseley was 18 during LWW. actors can play within an age range, and i think poulter looks young enough still that he can pull off being a teenager. obviously if they keep poulter, eustace's age will be bumped up a bit, but if they recast (which i doubt they will), the age will probably be bumped up anyway. hollywood has a history of doing that (harry potter aside) to make it appeal to a wider audience.

be good.

writings & ramblings

signature & avatar by me
visit darling images
Old 10-02-2013, 11:42 AM
Friend of Narnia

~Lava~ will become famous soon enough~Lava~ will become famous soon enough

I think they should go with a new cast because they need to have someone who can still play being school age when Last Battle comes along. I love Will Poulter but in the grand scheme of things, this would be better

Celebrate International TDL Day with me on December 6th. Wear Green and bake Cookies

Old 10-02-2013, 01:02 PM
Friend of Narnia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Lava~ View Post
I think they should go with a new cast because they need to have someone who can still play being school age when Last Battle comes along. I love Will Poulter but in the grand scheme of things, this would be better
that is true, though i think both are equally as likely to occur (new eustace, old eustace) because of the way hollywood is. there could be legal implications and all that boring stuff nobody really cares about lol

i guess we'll see

i really enjoyed him as eustace so i'd like to see him stay on but i do totally agree he might be too old by the time TLB comes around if they make that into a film.

be good.

writings & ramblings

signature & avatar by me
visit darling images
Old 10-02-2013, 01:25 PM

Sir Cabbage is on a distinguished road

It would be great if they kept Will in! 20 already? Gosh! He might still look young enough to pass as a school pupil in his last years at the school. He did such a good job of the Eustace character it would be a shame to recast a matter of a few years after Treader.

They MUST get Puddleglum right! He is one of my favourite fictional characters; he was written very well. I can see where people are going with suggesting Alan Rickman - he has the kind of face one could imagine and his voice could sound suitably glum. Realistically I doubt he'd do this film.

This story is well rounded with events that happen that should really make for a decent film.

I don't know anything about the Mark Gordon Company - is it likely 20th Century Fox will be releasing the film again?

Maybe this news could bring a few members anew and back to this board.

~ Sig pic by Rainshadow ~