The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans > The Lantern Waste > The Lamp-post

Notices

The Lamp-post It returns, the general topic forum, combining the general discussion threads from Tumnus, International and Wood between the worlds.

Old 12-29-2016, 07:18 AM

tracy22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyofOz View Post
5th CANDLE – (white) “CHRIST CANDLE” – The white candle reminds us that Jesus is the spotless lamb of God, sent to wash away our sins! Being placed in the center of the ’empty space’ also is a physical reminder that Christ came down from heaven and entered into our world for our salvation. When the candle is lit, it reminds us that Christ is the light of the world! After all, Christ is “the Light that came into the world” to dispel the darkness of sin and to radiate the truth and love of God (cf. John 3:19-21). His birth was for his death, his death was for our birth! “The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, ‘Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!‘” (John 1:29)
I've made it! Great idea, Thanks!
Old 11-30-2017, 05:20 AM
Perelandrian

Benisse is just really niceBenisse is just really niceBenisse is just really niceBenisse is just really niceBenisse is just really nice
Default Advent and Christmas 2017

Although Advent does not officially start until Sunday 12/3, this thread is now open for your reflections, poems, carols, traditions, activities and stories that you find helpful in keeping Christ in the center of Christmas.

Xin Yesu... Xiang Yesu
Believe Jesus... Be like Jesus

Old 11-30-2017, 09:13 PM

tirian_son_of_erlian will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to tirian_son_of_erlian

Beautiful picture, Benisse. And a beautiful season.

I have to admit my spiritual life has been pretty lackluster the past few years. I've been bogged down with worldly concerns and aspirations: bills, working two jobs, and playing chess as a hobby. While life is full of choices, I've really had no excuse to put my prayer life on the back burner.

It is therefore with humility and gratitude that I approach this Advent season. As challenging as my (often high-class) problems may seem to be, I recognize that my ultimate design is in the hands of God. Christ comes to us as a helpless child. After his parents say yes to God's will they must bear their son in poverty. They fly to Egypt to protect their precious son and Savior. When they present him in the Temple, they're barely noticed. The sweet humility of Christ has always invited me to come out of myself and enter the mystery and joy of Advent.

One meditation I like to use is "The Word Among Us." The daily bible readings and reflections bring both a real-world application to witnessing to the faith as well as a meditative connection to the actual Nativity some-2000 years ago. I have an Advent Wreath I like to light at home sometimes in the evening. I really enjoy seeing this whenever I walk into a Church as well. I go to Daily Mass when I can. And when I'm taking my dog for a walk in the evenings we like to stop in front of homes with actual CHRISTMAS decorations.

One year I hadn't prepared for Christmas very well and in the last week of Advent we pray the seven short "O Antiphons." You may be familiar with some of these beautiful proclamations in the song "O Come, O Come, Emmanuel." Well, that year I only did my meditation one day that week, the day in which the O Antiphon was "O Come O Key of David,
opening the gates of God’s eternal Kingdom: come and free the prisoners of darkness!" Come Christmas day, my nieces and nephew had made everyone a Christmas card from scratch, complete with children's adorable crayon art and lettering. Each one had a different O Antiphon on it. On mine were the words, "O Key of David."

It's heart-warming to know God meets us where we're at and invites us into the depth of this joyful mystery of Advent and Christmas.
Old 12-02-2017, 11:19 AM
Friend of Narnia

TimmyofOz has a spectacular aura aboutTimmyofOz has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to TimmyofOz

"As you do not know the path of the wind, or how the body is formed in a mother's womb, so you cannot understand the work of God, the Maker of all things." -Ecclesiastes 11:5

Aslan is on the Move.
A heart can never be practical until it can be made unbreakable.