Edmund, Peter, Lucy and Susan is seen in the Last Battle...

Henrik2004

I read somewhere Edmund, Peter, Lucy and Susan is seen in the Last Battle. I havent read the book yet. Aslan said they will never return, so I wonder if they return to Narnia?

Aslan said they weren't coming back to Narnia (as they know it). Likewise, I won't say more for fear of giving the story away.

Even if she dosn't believe in Narnia as long as she is a Christian she still goes to the Great Britian heaven that is connected to Narnia, and can travel in between them. And as Aslan said, once a king or queen or Narnia always a king or queen.

yes, but i think the implication is that Susan doesn't believe in anything. Lewis left it open and said in a letter that he believed Susan eventually made it. But as of the end of the last battle, Susan doesn't believe so she's out of the picture. There are several threads debating this. I would urge you to check them out.

Queen_of_Narnia said:
why is susan no longer narnian? i read the book several times and don't understand.
***TLB SPOILERS ***
The reason she isn't with the other kids is that she thinks they are just reminiscing about a pretend game they used to play -- she has forgotten that Narnia is a real place, and has forgotten that Aslan is a real lion. She thinks it was just a game from when they were little. So they don't invite her along (or she doesn't want to come) when they're going to try to send the two youngest (Jill and Eustace) back to Narnia. And so she isn't with them when they perish in a train wreck. But actually their death in this world releases them to new life in New Narnia, the perfected Narnia (Lewis' concept of heaven). For all Susan knows, her whole family just died in a train crash, and only she survived ...

onlymystory said:
yes, but i think the implication is that Susan doesn't believe in anything. Lewis left it open and said in a letter that he believed Susan eventually made it. But as of the end of the last battle, Susan doesn't believe so she's out of the picture. There are several threads debating this. I would urge you to check them out.
Did someone die in the movie?

No, not in the movie. No one died in the movie. We were discussing the book "The Last Battle."

Back