The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans > Cair Paravel > Queen Susan's Horn

Notices

Queen Susan's Horn For announcements on the board.

Old 11-15-2011, 11:52 AM
Mage Scribe

EveningStar has disabled reputation
Default Life is good!

I created this thread so that antique gripes and service requests won't stay forever (or even longer!) on Susan's Horn each and every time someone goes to the home page. After a thread for "Look outside, the sky is falling!" has been up for about five years or so, I'll post here so the last updated thread will have a positive, uplifting title.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:19 PM
Friend of Narnia

Copperfox is a name known to allCopperfox is a name known to allCopperfox is a name known to allCopperfox is a name known to allCopperfox is a name known to allCopperfox is a name known to all

Here's a good thing about life: I have a good supply of candles to provide some of my lighting at home, thus reducing my use of electric power in this time of austerity. And I have things I can put the candles IN, so they aren't a fire hazard. Now and then I feel as if I'm living in a Jane Austen book.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:57 PM
Devourer of Threads

Gondorgirl is a glorious beacon of lightGondorgirl is a glorious beacon of lightGondorgirl is a glorious beacon of lightGondorgirl is a glorious beacon of lightGondorgirl is a glorious beacon of light

"Eternal life is better"
Old 11-15-2011, 02:31 PM
Knight of the Stone Table

PrinceOfTheWest is a jewel in the roughPrinceOfTheWest is a jewel in the roughPrinceOfTheWest is a jewel in the roughPrinceOfTheWest is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to PrinceOfTheWest Send a message via MSN to PrinceOfTheWest

Eternal life is better, but there are plenty of blessings in this life, too. Here are a few of my biggest:
  • A loving Savior who cares for me
  • A wife of over 30 years who is terrific
  • Six wonderful, wise, loving children who serve God and love each other
There are lots more, but those are a good start.

Officially Elected Dancing Lawn Dad & Mage Verger
(Play courteously! Your father is watching!)
Old 11-15-2011, 06:01 PM
Beloved Disciple

inkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really nice

Life is good! Because my little dog, Barney, came through his surgery yesterday with no problems and is home acting the fool again. He was diagnosed with bladder stones on Friday. Whoever heard of a dog with bladder stones? But it was this very big deal to get them fixed, and I am so glad he made it through and is recovering.

Also good ... Jesus loves me like CRAZY.

I could go on. Life is GOOD!
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.... 2 Corinthians 5:17
Dame Jax, the Just O.L. -- Officially Elected Dancing Lawn Mum

________
Read my Story Dragonfly Link to my Dragonfly website! Jaxys Dragonfly
Old 11-15-2011, 08:53 PM
Friend of Narnia

Lila is a jewel in the roughLila is a jewel in the roughLila is a jewel in the roughLila is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Lila

Life is good because I had an interview for Princeton yesterday and it went really well! Also, the holidays are right around the corner and I'm so excited to relax and celebrate with my family.

click the banner to see more of my graphics or to request your own!
blog

Old 11-15-2011, 09:06 PM
Friend of Narnia

Aravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really nice

Life is good because Thanksgiving break begins in t-minus 2 days, and I'll be home for an entire week!
Old 11-16-2011, 01:40 AM

Greensawmill will become famous soon enough

Life is good because I got a hug today from my teenage son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkspot View Post
Whoever heard of a dog with bladder stones?
I have, removed them lots of times. Make sure they do a stone analysis so as to make a diet recommendation to prevent them from coming back. I'm glad Barney is doing better!
"And we talk of Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins." --2 Nephi 25:26
Old 11-16-2011, 01:24 PM
Beloved Disciple

inkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really nice

Life is good because I have my TDL family, and they are so smart!

Thanks, GSM, for the good wishes and advice. Yah, the vet said he will have the results back in a week and let us know whether Barney needs further anti-biotics for the kind of stones cause by infection or a change in diet for the kind of stones called oxalate or something like that? Barney is hoping for the diet-change kind because then he will get canned food ... all he has ever had til now is dry dog food.

He is fine it seems -- he has been wearing a toddler's onesie to keep him from licking at his incision. He's so cute. He wants to play ball but the vet said to keep him quiet for a few days. It's rough on him that I won't play with him.
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.... 2 Corinthians 5:17
Dame Jax, the Just O.L. -- Officially Elected Dancing Lawn Mum

________
Read my Story Dragonfly Link to my Dragonfly website! Jaxys Dragonfly
Old 11-22-2011, 02:13 AM

Greensawmill will become famous soon enough

Life is good today because this morning I read John chapter 14 and it applied all day long to life. "Let not your heart be troubled..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkspot View Post
Thanks, GSM, for the good wishes and advice. Yah, the vet said he will have the results back in a week and let us know whether Barney needs further anti-biotics for the kind of stones cause by infection or a change in diet for the kind of stones called oxalate or something like that? Barney is hoping for the diet-change kind because then he will get canned food ... all he has ever had til now is dry dog food.

He is fine it seems -- he has been wearing a toddler's onesie to keep him from licking at his incision. He's so cute. He wants to play ball but the vet said to keep him quiet for a few days. It's rough on him that I won't play with him.
Inky I hope Barney is back to normal by now. Last week we had a very private club for dogs who like to eat socks and have to have surgery to get them back out. Seemed to be the theme of the week.
"And we talk of Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins." --2 Nephi 25:26