The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans > The Lantern Waste > The Land of Duffers

The Land of Duffers Babbling Loonies ..games ..randomness. ONLY HERE

Old 07-27-2011, 05:44 AM
Friend of Narnia

Location: Orcland, New Zealand. Get it, cos Auckland sounds a bit like Orc land..? No? ah!
Narborg is on a distinguished road
Default Narnia Themed Ball: Custom Ideas

Hay people, the Bible College which i study at is having a Narnia themed Ball coming up, which is going to be amazing. However, people seem stack for costume ideas. I've been giving people a few suggestions, but though that I would see if anyone here had any good ideas. Please suggest.

This is what I've said to someone who asked on Facebook:

Well, a Narnia Theme means that you can get away with pretty much any mythical creature or animal you like. Or, its set in a knida medieval world, so you could go is a medieval style custom. Most of the books are set in World War Two or just after, so you could maybe go in 1940's theme. The Magician's Nephew is set around 1900, so you maybe go with that as well. There is really a lot of scope with the theme.....

Note to self: need to change Signature sometime.......
Old 07-27-2011, 05:59 AM
Friend of Narnia

fernshirehobbit is a jewel in the roughfernshirehobbit is a jewel in the roughfernshirehobbit is a jewel in the roughfernshirehobbit is a jewel in the rough

wow. What an awesome school! I think your friend's description pretty much sums it up...
Old 07-27-2011, 07:14 AM
Friend of Narnia

Location: Orcland, New Zealand. Get it, cos Auckland sounds a bit like Orc land..? No? ah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernshirehobbit View Post
wow. What an awesome school! I think your friend's description pretty much sums it up...

It was in fact my description. Just wondered if any creative people out there had some really cool specific ideas to help people out.

Old 07-27-2011, 08:32 AM
Friend of Narnia

fernshirehobbit is a jewel in the roughfernshirehobbit is a jewel in the roughfernshirehobbit is a jewel in the roughfernshirehobbit is a jewel in the rough

oh what you said to your friend... not what your friend said... got it
Old 07-28-2011, 09:34 AM
blest to bless

Benisse is just really niceBenisse is just really niceBenisse is just really niceBenisse is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narborg View Post

It was in fact my description. Just wondered if any creative people out there had some really cool specific ideas to help people out.
Hi Narborg
You might want to check out the Narnia Prom Costume Contest Thread or the Narnia Prom Thread for ideas.

Xin Yesu... Xiang Yesu
Believe Jesus... Be like Jesus

Old 08-18-2011, 01:44 AM
Friend of Narnia

Im going as Puddleglum Should be a good night.