The Last Picture Show

Fantasy Pond

Thank you for the comments Miss D and Annemarie!

And now to finish up with my current Amy Pond's obsession, here's the last one with Amy Pond (for now)! As usual, this graphic is available on a larger size from MediaFire.

This one took me A LOT longer because I used a composition of two photos, one of the forest and one PNG I made of Amy Pond. The tutorial for this had only one photo and the colors were of a completely different palette. What that means is that when it came to the color adjustment steps, my colors would be completely wrong. I had to come up with my own adjustment layers to get the effect I wanted. But the tutorial was still pretty awesome!

Here is the result.

FantasyPondSmall.jpg

And this is the original background I used. See the changes?
broken-road-woods-forest2.jpg

Learning Photoshop is really tiring! I'll take a short break ok?

Last edited:
Wow, I'm really impressed! The graphic is gorgeous, and seeing the original photo just makes it even more impressive! :eek: You're so good at photoshop!

Tardis Materializing

I figured, why take a break? I'm on a roll so yeah.

I made two more. One is a Zelda (The Legend of Zelda) wallpaper for my phone. My first attempt at creating lights in PS. Not a smashing job but it looks good on the phone.

ZeldaEvoWallie-1.jpg

The second one is the Tardis materializing in some eerie environment. Can you hear the woosh woosh sound?
TardisMaterializingR-1.jpg

(Also available larger from MediaFire).

Blissful flight

I didn't really get the effect desired which was a little more dream-like effect. This is as close as I can get. This is the original size. As usual, after I'm done with a graphic, I spot a mistake due to not paying attention to detail and my inexperience as an artiste, lol! Live and learn.

Blissfulflight.jpg

Magical Blue Forest

Thank you once again Ms. D. You're awesome!

I like this one a lot. The tutorial for this was for warmer, daytime sort of colors (yellows, reds, browns) but I couldn't find a suitable image for the foreground so I came up with this bluish cool light. Below is the original background I used. This one is available in large size (3000x3000 pxl !) from MediaFire.

I should've named it ENCHANTED Blue Forest but.. oh well... here goes.
MagicalBlueForestR.jpg

And this is the background image.
Enchanted_forest_151.jpg

Wow, that's amazing! :D I like how you post the base picture, because it helps me appreciate your work even more. :D

Wow, that's amazing! :D I like how you post the base picture, because it helps me appreciate your work even more. :D

Thank you Ms. D. I really wasn't sure it would come out as good as it did because I was going into the opposite direction as the instructions. But I did learn a lot about the various adjustment layers and composition from the previous works that this was easier to accomplish.

I must say that I have to credit the creator of the girl (I don't know who it is) as I didn't do much to it, other than take out the background and wings (Yes, she had wings as she was a fairy originally) and make sure the shadows would match the lighting. I took out her wings because it was very distracting to the overall mood, although she looked nice too. Oh, and I also made the elf ear as she had a normal ear in the original.

In this composition I also applied what I learned about adding depth by keeping most of grass in focus and at the same level except on the left corner. There I placed a few blades of grass and other vegetation a little bigger and a little out of focus to make them look closer to the viewer without the viewer necessarily noticing it. This added a very subtle depth that is also not distracting.

Ok, now I sound as if I know what I'm talking about, but any experienced Photoshop artist would be able to spot the flaws. But for my level of skill, I like what I've done so far!

More to come soon!!

Last edited:
Surreal Doctor Who Painting.

Love the last ones! Great job!!

I lurv this last one! I think the whole scene is great!

Thank you both and welcome to the forums Polly.

This is the latest in my photoshop adventures! This one features Amy and The Doctor and Tardis. What do you think? It's got some flaws, but this is good enough for now. Also downloadable in larger size from MediaFire.

SurrealDoctorWhoPaintingSmall.jpg

Sky base.
Sky_17_by_sacral_stock1.jpg

I must say, the choice in overlaying texture is very unique. I don't use many textures my self, but I very much like it. the ships flying 'round them give that feel of the travel they are witnessing before them. Only thing I could suggest is that maybe the light source be a bit closer to the moon, since it's the light's source, but other than that, i really like it!

And thank you!

I must say, the choice in overlaying texture is very unique. I don't use many textures my self, but I very much like it. the ships flying 'round them give that feel of the travel they are witnessing before them. Only thing I could suggest is that maybe the light source be a bit closer to the moon, since it's the light's source, but other than that, i really like it!

And thank you!

Thanks for the comment. And yes, I debated whether to include the oversized moon in this graphic or not, mainly because I suspected (and my instincts were right) that it might cause some confusion with the actual light source in the horizon. In the end I decided to leave the moon there because it goes more with the Doctor's travels and adventures. I guess I should have darkened the moon a little bit more. But I'm learning so thank you again for pointing that out that will make me be more careful next time.

Now I need to get back to my Zelda series!

Last edited:
I'm really enjoying your art, BK, even the simple ones like the Fire one. I like the way you create an atmosphere/feeling in your layered pix. Impressive!

Thanks for the comment. And yes, I debated whether to include the oversized moon in this graphic or not, mainly because I suspected (and my instincts were right) that it might cause some confusion with the actual light source in the horizon. In the end I decided to leave the moon there because it goes more with the Doctor's travels and adventures. I guess I should have darkened the moon a little bit more. But I'm learning so thank you again for pointing that out that will make me be more careful next time.

Now I need to get back to my Zelda series!

Your very welcome! I try to help out when I can!

Credit where credit is due

Thank you everyone for the comments or for just visiting the thread. I'm having fun making these graphics so I'm glad people like them.

I also opened a DevianArt account and I posted the last graphic and two others there. I was shocked to say the least when I was asked permission to post that last one in a Doctor Who Art Gallery. I gave permission and as soon as it was posted, I got lots of feedback and at least 30 people added it to their favorites in the first two hours!! :eek:

I have been learning several techniques from some professional artists. The one I am learning a lot from is Filipino Artist Michael Vincent Manalo. I really love his works and his style something that I would like to achieve someday. You can visit his website HERE. Click on his portfolio to see some samples of his amazing work. I especially like his "Emotions" series. I think you would too.

Another artist I am learning from is Czech Graphic Arts Designer Jarka Hrnčárková. You can visit her blog at Pelleron-Art and see her work. In the section "manip tutorials" she shares some of her techniques for designing, blending and many other things. See something familiar there?

As any good artist knows, technique is one thing, but that alone will not make you a good artist. Now I need to work on developing talent and creativity to come up with better graphics.

Thanks for visiting.

Back