The Last Picture Show

BarbarianKing

Knight of Narnia
Staff member
Knight of the Noble Order
I used to say that I have the creative talent of steamed broccoli... which motivated me to begin listening to my right brain nonsense. The result, of course, will be shared here in this thread and in my WRITING THREAD.

(EDIT: All my graphics are about things that interest me. I know they may not mean anything to most people so no one has to post a reply. I just thank you for at least clicking on here. Also, there will be a short explanation or story behind each graphic so you'll know why I made that specific one and what it means. Thanks.)

To begin with, I made two graphics with Edmund (the movie one) as the subject. For those who don't know, I took my screen name from him (read The Horse and His Boy).

I was also making a Georgie Wallpaper for my phone and my computer from this cover of Matchbox. For the phone it came out pretty good as it is, however, for the computer it looked kinda lame on my widescreen 17 inch laptop, so I added some color too it. Look at the difference below.

Makeway.jpg

BetterMakeWay.jpg

Georgie phone wallpaper:
GeorgieFaceEvoWall.jpg

Georgie Computer Wallpaper:
GeorgieFace02.jpg

Download full size (bigger than this one) Georgie computer wallpaper from my Mediafire account if you like:

http://www.mediafire.com/i/?706khcuyrkn79j2

Click on LARGE size, I think.

Last edited:
I Mainly use Photoshop, but I also have Photoscape, which is not as sophisticated but it's pretty good for resizing, cropping, and other adjustments.
Photoscape is free by the way. Google it.

And of course, my thread would not be complete without Doctor Who stuff.

SomethingBlueC.jpg

StarshipUKred.jpg

Believe01C.jpg

Yay, you made a thread! :D

What was the first graphic you posted? I can't see it... Just the little white boxy thing with pink and blue dots. :p

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Doctor Who ones. I'd seen the "something blue" one before, when you had it in your siggy, although that one had more text with the rest of the quote. I'd never seen the "believe" one before, and it is SO gorgeous! :D

What was the first graphic you posted? I can't see it... Just the little white boxy thing with pink and blue dots.

Thanks Ms D. Here is the link if you still can't see it.
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g144/michaeldel/TDL Graphics Thread/Makeway.jpg

Thanks everyone!

And I made this one today. And I have to tell you that this one is very personal. I actually know the person who's eyes are in the graphic and the photo was taken with my phone (hence the graininess). And also, I DID NOT change the color of the eyes. I merely enhanced them. Yes. it's true. The girl in the picture has yellowy eyes. I have the original, in size huge to prove it.

myeyes.jpg

Thanks Ms D. Here is the link if you still can't see it.
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g144/michaeldel/TDL Graphics Thread/Makeway.jpg

Thanks everyone!

And I made this one today. And I have to tell you that this one is very personal. I actually know the person who's eyes are in the graphic and the photo was taken with my phone (hence the graininess). And also, I DID NOT change the color of the eyes. I merely enhanced them. Yes. it's true. The girl in the picture has yellowy eyes. I have the original, in size huge to prove it.

myeyes.jpg

This one is very pretty, I really like it!

Thanks for fixing the attachment with the first graphic, BK! I can see it now. :D It's great!!!

I really like the "my eyes adored you" one. The color of her eyes is breathtaking!

I'm going to start a series of graphics dedicated to the great music in The Legend of Zelda. I will do some of my favorite songs in my three favorite games, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and Twilight Princess. Here is the first one from OoT:

SariasSong.jpg

Saria's Song, also known as The Lost Woods.
This is how you play it on piano!

Midna's Desperate Hour

This is for my favorite Twilight Princess, Midna.

MidnasDesperateHour.jpg

The song that plays at her most desperate moment of need is called Midna's Desperate Hour or Midna's Lament.

LISTEN to this haunting but beautiful piece.

LEARN to play it on piano.

Last edited:
The Song of Healing

I made two more banners. One is for my LoZ series with the theme The Song of Healing, another awesome piece by Japanese composer Koji Kondo.

There are many version of the song, but this kid plays an awesome piano version.

SongofHealing.jpg

If the previous version doesn't cure your headache, this one will! :p

The Impossible Astronaut

I have to put this one on a different post cause I really like how it came out, besides, it's not part of the LoZ series.

ImpossibleAstronaut.jpg

I have to put this one on a different post cause I really like how it came out, besides, it's not part of the LoZ series.

ImpossibleAstronaut.jpg

Ooh, that one's great! :D I really like the colors and the way you positioned the text.

I really like this one, It's Owl City right?
Hee hee, no, it's Doctor Who, but I see why you thought it was Owl City. :p There are lots of things in Doctor Who and Owl City that would make great crossovers. :p

It's not Owl City Annemarie, sorry. But I think I should make one sometime. What do you say? I only own one of his songs, the one they were giving away on iTunes.

Thank you both for your comments. I do have more coming up soon as I have immediate ideas for at least 3 more graphics.

Back