The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans > The Eagle and Child > Other Fantasy Worlds

Notices

Other Fantasy Worlds Harry Potter, The NeverEnding Story and Beyond

View Poll Results: How did you like DH film, part 2?
LOVED IT! 24 68.57%
It was OK. 7 20.00%
It wasn't good at all. 0 0%
HATED it! 4 11.43%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-03-2006, 11:26 AM

ºººJill_Poleººº is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to ºººJill_Poleººº

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgie-is-the-best
Oolalaa. I love the Potter films!! Emma Watson is so cool and Dan is cute<3<3
I can't take it any longer wait new movie!!

i am sorry my bad english... :/
Don't worry, my English is not prefect also

Crazy for Harry and the Marauders
Orlando Bloom lover
Lady of Narnia
Proud to be Hufflepuff
Keeper of the Dawn Treader
General of the Skandarnites
Member of the Order of the Marauders
Keeper of Remus Lupin and Nymphadora Tonks

ºººJill_Poleººº
Old 07-11-2011, 06:38 PM
Beloved Disciple

inkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really nice
Default All New Harry Potter Thread post July 15, 2011

OK, I don't know how to edit the poll in the old thread, so I am creating a new HP thread and locking the old one, so we can comment on the new movie when it comes out July 15.

FWIW, I am very hopeful, even though somewhat disturbed by the trailer that shows Harry taunting Voldy with "Let's end this the way we started it" and jumping off a tower? I do not want them to change the final battle/Voldy death scene from the book!

It is July 11 as I write this -- very excited for the new and final film!
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.... 2 Corinthians 5:17
Dame Jax, the Just O.L. -- Officially Elected Dancing Lawn Mum

________
Read my Story Dragonfly • Link to my Dragonfly website! Jaxys Dragonfly
Old 07-13-2011, 12:56 AM

General Oreius is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah, but let us remember that trailers sometimes use pieces of movies that do not make it into the final cut. As for what's actually going to happen...we'll have to wait and see. :P

"We were expecting somebody (you know) a little taller."
"You're one to talk."

"What gives you the right [to be the only Batman]?"
"I'm not wearing hockey pants!"

Always remembered in my heart, I know he is dancing with his unborn children and the angels: My Dad.

"I leave my two swords in your back, draw my claymore, and fight to the death."
Old 07-13-2011, 12:11 PM
Beloved Disciple

inkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really nice

You are right.

I saw the Larry King/CNN retrospective special which showed more; I am wondering now if Harry and Voldy's final duel will start like it does in the book, but then travel all over Hogwarts, kind of like the Harry vs Dragon scene did in the GoF film. Remember in the book he managed the dragon task in the grounds where the dragon was, but in the film the dragon chased him all over Hogwarts. It was more dramatic that way; maybe that's what they have in mind for the final duel.

I enjoyed the CNN special, especially seeing the actors as little children again, that was very sweet. Plus HBC and Robbie Coltrane and the boys who play the twins were on, it was really good.

Hey, remember everyone when you post your movie review here, to be sure to put a *** SPOILER ALERT *** for those of us who don't see it on opening day. Thanks!
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.... 2 Corinthians 5:17

________
Old 07-13-2011, 01:02 PM
Friend of Narnia

Narborg is on a distinguished road

Firstly *** SPOILER ALERT ***

Living in New Zealand, we often have to wait for movies and TV shows to come out. Sometimes however, they they are released worldwide at the same time, we get to see them first, because of time zones. So it looks like I'm the first one here

I loved that i loved it, but if there was a between that and "it was Ok", I probably would have gone with that. Overall, I though that it was a great climax to the series overall.

But there were part, particularly towards the end, which I though were weak. The aftermath, I was left disappointed with that. There was not really any emotion, ether the joy or morning, both of which were there in the book. There seemed little emotional response to the fact the the greatest dark wizard of all time had just been defeated. And it really was not clear which peace of magic finished Vodermort off. In the book, its his rebounding avada kedavra, but it the movie, its almost as if losing the wand destroys him. I also would have like the event have have had more witnesses. While it looked like Ron, Hermione and Neville did, no one else did. I also didn't like that Harry never fixes his own wand before breaking the elder wand, and that Neville is never told to destroy the snake, but just happens to do so. It was very much focused on Harry, Ron and Hermione. Personally, I would have liked to have seen more of some of the other characters.

Overall however, it was great. It was fast passed and exiting, fulled with humor as well as sadness, and involved some great magical warfare.

Note to self: need to change Signature sometime.......

Last edited by Narborg; 07-13-2011 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Need to add *** SPOILER ALERT ***
Old 07-13-2011, 03:08 PM
Beloved Disciple

Nice to see you Narborg! Welcome back!

Wow, I can't believe you saw it already ... it is still Wednesday here -- did you get to see it on Thursday?

OK

***SPOILER ALERT ***

Already I am distressed if Neville's heroic role is not expanded and if only he and Ron and Hermione witness Harry's defeat of Voldy. Also I am very distressed if it is not clear that Voldy's killing curse rebounded, and why. Harumph! I want the film to be more like the book, which was beautiful!!!

________
Old 07-13-2011, 05:41 PM
Friend of Narnia

Location: Skipping through life with a smile on my face and a song in my heart…
loverble will become famous soon enough

I am so exsited! It's not out untill midnight on Friday! I have skimmed over the two posts with spoilers so that I am surprised. I shall be straight back on here once the film is out and I have viewed it!

Time for a change I feel.
Insanity is what keeps me sane...
Dont Confuse The Confuseable!

There's a hole in the world like a great black pit, and the vermin of the world inhabit it, and its morals aren't worth what a pig could spit, and it goes by the name of London.

Old 07-13-2011, 08:34 PM
Friend of Narnia

Narborg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkspot View Post
Nice to see you Narborg! Welcome back!

Wow, I can't believe you saw it already ... it is still Wednesday here -- did you get to see it on Thursday?

OK

***SPOILER ALERT ***

Already I am distressed if Neville's heroic role is not expanded and if only he and Ron and Hermione witness Harry's defeat of Voldy. Also I am very distressed if it is not clear that Voldy's killing curse rebounded, and why. Harumph! I want the film to be more like the book, which was beautiful!!!
Neville is still very heroic, it just the focus is more on Harry, Ron and Hermione. I did enjoy the movie overall. The Gerngots scene, well sorter, earlier and less a part of the film than I was expecting, was great, the battle over all was awesome to watch, and it was an action packed, fast moving and exiting movie. Its just unfortunate that the parts I did not like as much were the most important parts.
A movie is always going to be different to the book. Its a totally different medium and (especially in books as large as the later Harry Potter books) have a lot less space to tell the story. So they are always going to leave things out. And each reader bring their own imagination as to what happens to the movie, which also makes it difficult. I guess its up to each individual fan to decide it the movie it true enough to the book.

Note to self: need to change Signature sometime.......
Old 07-14-2011, 01:50 PM
Beloved Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by loverble View Post
I am so exsited! It's not out untill midnight on Friday! I have skimmed over the two posts with spoilers so that I am surprised. I shall be straight back on here once the film is out and I have viewed it!
Awesome! I am not going to the midnight showing. My husband said he would go with me, but not the first week because he doesn't want to fight the crowds! I may be a whole week before I can see it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narborg View Post
A movie is always going to be different to the book. Its a totally different medium and (especially in books as large as the later Harry Potter books) have a lot less space to tell the story. So they are always going to leave things out. And each reader bring their own imagination as to what happens to the movie, which also makes it difficult. I guess its up to each individual fan to decide it the movie it true enough to the book.
True, but also this is one of the shortest, if not THE shortest, movie of all 8. Potter fans would have say through 3 hours if they would have included more from the book, and been happier ...

________
Old 07-14-2011, 05:05 PM
Friend of Narnia

Location: Skipping through life with a smile on my face and a song in my heart…
loverble will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkspot View Post
Awesome! I am not going to the midnight showing. My husband said he would go with me, but not the first week because he doesn't want to fight the crowds! I may be a whole week before I can see it.
We wanted to go to midnight tonight but mum has work tomorrow and the twins have school so we are going tomorrow instead. I Can't imagin waiting a week!

Time for a change I feel.
Insanity is what keeps me sane...
Dont Confuse The Confuseable!

There's a hole in the world like a great black pit, and the vermin of the world inhabit it, and its morals aren't worth what a pig could spit, and it goes by the name of London.