Contest #7: Narnian Costume Contest

Benisse

Perelandrian
Staff member
Royal Guard
In honor of the Narnia Prom coming up in June,
I would like to announce the 2011 Narnian costume contest!
There will be three divisions of awards for
[1] actual costume photos as well as
[2] drawings of costumes for the Prom
[3] actual photo of an animal (your pet or toy) in costume (Photo shop okay; or actual shots like William Wegman's weimaraners. Anyone have guinea pigs?)

DEADLINE:
Submissions will be due by midnight Sunday May 22 and winners announced during the Prom on June 3, 2011.
Note: it is okay to enter more than one category.

I'm afraid I can't be attending the prom, as I plan on being at my girlfriend's graduation. Can I still enter the costume contest, and how do I go about doing that?

Please do enter the contest, Sir Tom! Just post a drawing or photo or graphic to this thread! Also the Prom will be all day on June 3, so feel free to drop in to the Prom thread any time during that 24 hr span to say hi, comment or chat.

Zella! Love your dress!! :D

Here is my costume for the Prom. I will be coming as a Dryad...

Attachments

• dryad 1.jpg
    dryad 1.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 362
Last edited:
Here's my entry for category 1. This is one of my girlfriend's favorite photos of me, I hope you all like it.

Behold, Sir Thomas of Narnia, Defender of the Wilds.
230438_1531732953061_1826906847_985178_5189752_n.jpg

Attachments

• Narnia Costume Contest 1st 2011.jpg
    Narnia Costume Contest 1st 2011.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 282
Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my entry. This is one of my girlfriend's favorite photos of me, I hope you all like it!

The picture didn't work... Could you try loading it again?

I'd like to enter the contest myself, but I'm not sure what to do. I'm not a very good artist, but I'll probably end up just drawing a picture since I don't have Narnia-ish clothing. :p

Impressive, Sir Tom! I really like your sword too!

Miss R -- a drawing would be great since that category is wide open at this point :)

Zella, your dress does look very Narnia-like. It favors something Lucy would wear.

Tom, you certainly look very heroic! Is that a replica of Anduril that you have?

Benisse, while I think dryad is very creative, perhaps you could branch out into other ideas?

And of course, it would be shameful of me not to enter a Narnia costume contest. Here is a picture of me and my fiancee from the Texas Ren Fest last year. I actually had the (plastic, boo!) replicas of Rhindon and Peter's shield. I've since upgraded to something a little more period appropriate. :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/50985936@N07/5370638173/

...Here is a picture of me and my fiancee from the Texas Ren Fest last year. I actually had the (plastic, boo!) replicas of Rhindon and Peter's shield. I've since upgraded to something a little more period appropriate. :)

Congratulations, Knight on your engagement! Your costume is quite regal with the tunic with alternating fields of color. Did you really have alligator?!

I got to go to a Ren Fest in Houston once and it was quite an event. Looks like you two were having a great time. :)

And as for branching out, here is my beagle in Narnian dress. It took at least 6 treats to get this picture and my beagle was so wiggly she was still really blurry [so I tried to put her eye back in].
517zbl.jpg

Last edited:
bellaasanarnianmouse.png

hi, i am new, so hoping my image worked. It is an extemly rubbish picture, but you have to understand that hamsters can be as stubborn as a mule!

Also, lollipop sticks coloured in grey are the new style in narnia :p :)

Oh! I almost forgot to put in my entry! I drew this picture to enter. The person looks AWFUL, so just pay attention to the clothes. ;)

Attachments

• 009 (2)e.jpg
    009 (2)e.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 191
  • Narnian Costume Design 1st 2011.JPG
    Narnian Costume Design 1st 2011.JPG
    21.1 KB · Views: 172
Here's my poor doggy wearing a Rhindron toy which my brother owns. She was surprisingly obedient, but you can tell she wasn't happy from her mournful eyes and drooping ears.
I'm sorry that the picture looks funny. I blurred the background out so that you can't see the junk in our house. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 006e.jpg
    006e.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 184
  • Narnia Animal Costume 1st 2011.jpg
    Narnia Animal Costume 1st 2011.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 159
Thank you everyone for your entries. This thread will be locked until the winners are announced at the Prom at noon on June 3.

Last edited:
Back