The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans > Cair Paravel > Queen Susan's Horn

Notices

Queen Susan's Horn For announcements on the board.

Old 12-14-2010, 04:54 PM
Friend of Narnia

Aravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really nice
Default Forum Issues

I wasn't sure where to post this, but I've been having TONS of trouble getting into the forum at all times of the day, every day. In fact, if this message is posted it'll be amazing because every other time I come on, it gives me the "server is too busy" message when I know that the times I get on aren't peak forum times.

Anybody else having the same issues, and if so what can be done about it?
Old 12-14-2010, 05:10 PM
Admin and Webmaster

Specter has disabled reputation

The only thing that we can do is wait it out. It's because the movie just came out and the site is INSANELY POPULAR. It would cost me too much to get another server and mirror it, but I am thinking of moving the forum to a separate server (though that would require a different domain name for the forum, which wouldn't be too bad).

It's really because there are a LOT of people coming here, constantly. The facebook community has swelled by about 200,000 in the last week.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:49 PM
Friend of Narnia

QueenLucyTheValient has a spectacular aura aboutQueenLucyTheValient has a spectacular aura aboutQueenLucyTheValient has a spectacular aura about

good to know that Im not the only one having this problem. Hopefully it will be worked out or settle down later
there is no knowing where you might be swept off to."-Bilbo Baggins
Old 12-14-2010, 10:05 PM
Pandawan

MissReepicheep is a glorious beacon of lightMissReepicheep is a glorious beacon of lightMissReepicheep is a glorious beacon of lightMissReepicheep is a glorious beacon of lightMissReepicheep is a glorious beacon of light

At first, when I started getting busy server messages, I panicked, thinking that all the games I like would have a zillion new posts next time I was able to get on. Then I realized that everyone else has the same problem, and can't post either.

I made my banner and avatar.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:40 PM
Beloved Disciple

inkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissReepicheep View Post
At first, when I started getting busy server messages, I panicked, thinking that all the games I like would have a zillion new posts next time I was able to get on. Then I realized that everyone else has the same problem, and can't post either.
LOL - glad you realized this and didn't panic.

hang in there all you TDL "regulars." Things will settle down, and we'll all be able to get back in soon.
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.... 2 Corinthians 5:17
Dame Jax, the Just O.L. -- Officially Elected Dancing Lawn Mum

________
Read my Story Dragonfly Link to my Dragonfly website! Jaxys Dragonfly
Old 12-14-2010, 11:40 PM
Beloved Disciple

inkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissReepicheep View Post
LOL - glad you realized this and didn't panic.

hang in there all you TDL "regulars." Things will settle down, and we'll all be able to get back in soon.
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.... 2 Corinthians 5:17
Dame Jax, the Just O.L. -- Officially Elected Dancing Lawn Mum

________
Read my Story Dragonfly Link to my Dragonfly website! Jaxys Dragonfly
Old 12-15-2010, 03:20 AM
Knight of Narnia

BarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to BarbarianKing Send a message via Yahoo to BarbarianKing

Have all those people gone to see the new movie yet? They should.

I makes me banners

Check out my THREAD about meeting Georgie and Will Poulter!
Read my short fanfic about Reepicheep's prophesy.

My graphics thread
My other writing thread.
My DeviantArt Gallery

I am free from the taint of neutrality.
-T. Roosevelt
Old 12-15-2010, 03:23 AM
Friend of Narnia

Copperfox is a name known to allCopperfox is a name known to allCopperfox is a name known to allCopperfox is a name known to allCopperfox is a name known to allCopperfox is a name known to all

I've also experienced being shut out; but I have turned my attention meanwhile to other things, including my Russian translation work--and seeing "Dawn Treader" four total times by now.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:11 AM
Pandawan

MissReepicheep is a glorious beacon of lightMissReepicheep is a glorious beacon of lightMissReepicheep is a glorious beacon of lightMissReepicheep is a glorious beacon of lightMissReepicheep is a glorious beacon of light

Nice. I wish I could see VDT again and again, but going to the theater costs a lot of money. =/ I'm lucky that I could go at all, and won't have to wait until the movie comes out on DVD. >.<

I made my banner and avatar.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:34 AM
Friend of Narnia

Aravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperfox View Post
I've also experienced being shut out; but I have turned my attention meanwhile to other things, including my Russian translation work--and seeing "Dawn Treader" four total times by now.
Okay, I'm officially jealous now. I'll only likely see it twice. but the next time hopefully in 3D.