The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans > The Eagle and Child > The Inklings

The Inklings The best-known members of the group were C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien and Charles Williams.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:06 PM
Beloved Disciple

inkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really nice

AK, just because someone disagrees with you or asks you to explain or defend an opinion doesn't mean you have to leave the discussion or that they have a personal problem with you. It's fair for anyone to disagree and/or ask for more information. If you can't defend what you've said, then you can just say, "Just my opinion," and let it go, or if you can defend it, you can go ahead and give your reasons, but you don't have to quit the discussion. It's not personal at all. We're all friends here ...
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.... 2 Corinthians 5:17
Dame Jax, the Just O.L. -- Officially Elected Dancing Lawn Mum

________
Read my Story Dragonfly Link to my Dragonfly website! Jaxys Dragonfly
Old 01-11-2011, 04:09 PM
Friend of Narnia

Aravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkspot View Post
We're all friends here ...
Not so, but everyone's entitled to their own opinion. Even if it's a little too rosy.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:19 PM
Pandawan

MissReepicheep is just really niceMissReepicheep is just really niceMissReepicheep is just really niceMissReepicheep is just really niceMissReepicheep is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aravis Kenobi View Post
Not so, but everyone's entitled to their own opinion. Even if it's a little too rosy.
I honestly don't see why it is wrong for me to think that a talented actor like Lee would do a good job as Smaug.

I made my banner and avatar.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:19 PM
Friend of Narnia

DestinyLies is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DestinyLies Send a message via MSN to DestinyLies Send a message via Yahoo to DestinyLies Send a message via Skype™ to DestinyLies

I own the Hobbit (but forgot that I did until a month or two ago) but have yet to read it. Or any of the Lord of the Rings books...I own the first on my Nook.

Banner by Someone!^Click pic to read my stuff. (click 'someone' for my graphics thread)
Narnian Elf Princess
"Prayer may just be the most powerful tool mankind has.
~Blink" Ted Dekker
Old 01-11-2011, 11:33 PM
Knight of Narnia

BarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to BarbarianKing Send a message via Yahoo to BarbarianKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissReepicheep View Post
I honestly don't see why it is wrong for me to think that a talented actor like Lee would do a good job as Smaug.
it isn't wrong Miss R. AK just dislikes being on what appears to be the losing side of an argument.

I also think that if Lee wants to be the voice of Smaug, I'm all for it!! That's not lowering yourself when you're an actor. Jeeze, how many great actors have voiced some of the most ridiculous CGI movies of today? Many. They don't consider it lowering yourself. It's work for Pete's sake. If I was 90 years old, I would love to get a gig voicing a cool character like Smaug rather than just laying in bed being spoonfed by a big nurse!

I makes me banners

Check out my THREAD about meeting Georgie and Will Poulter!
Read my short fanfic about Reepicheep's prophesy.

My graphics thread
My other writing thread.
My DeviantArt Gallery

I am free from the taint of neutrality.
-T. Roosevelt
Old 01-12-2011, 01:30 AM

Arvan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aravis Kenobi View Post
"We're all friends here."
Um, wow....
Please don't bow out because people disagree with you. Without disagreement, these threads would be nothing but "I liked this", "I liked that", "I agree!" BORING. No one's offended or attacked you here - yet. If they do, they should leave, not you. You've only stated your opinion!

Anyway, I think that Lee should definitely return as Saruman, but just to let you know, he was already corrupt during the events of the Hobbit, just not publicly.

As for Lee voicing Smaug, I wouldn't mind it; he's got a great voice. I'd rather him play Saruman again... but there's also the possibility of both: John Rhys-Davies played Gimli and voiced Treebeard, after all. Though Treebeard sounded totally different. Smaug would have a more "normal" voice, that isn't played with by effects, as far as I know. If Lee hadn't played Saruman already, I'd totally be for his voicing Smaug, but as it stands I think I'd prefer a different actor.

Come visit WikiNarnia, an encyclopedia of Narnian knowledge (and help out too)!

"Do you want to go to doing different from what's in the books, and get things all muddled up? ...Don't you reckon that the people that made the books knows what's the correct thing to do? Do you reckon YOU can learn 'em anything? Not by a good deal."
~Tom Sawyer, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
Old 01-12-2011, 09:11 AM

World Wanderer is an unknown quantity at this point

I heard last night that Ian McKellan will return as Gandalf.
http://www.narniafans.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28245
Old 01-12-2011, 11:07 AM
Beloved Disciple

inkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Wanderer View Post
Good. He was a terrific Gandalf. I can't imagine anyone else in the role.

but I feel the same way about Saruman, and I wish they would think of a way to include Lee as Saruman without his having to travel - I understand why an old guy like that doesnt want to be far from home for a long time ... but maybe they could arrange his scenes to be shot near home for him.
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.... 2 Corinthians 5:17

________
Old 01-12-2011, 11:07 AM
Beloved Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Wanderer View Post
Good. He was a terrific Gandalf. I can't imagine anyone else in the role.

but I feel the same way about Saruman, and I wish they would think of a way to include Lee as Saruman without his having to travel - I understand why an old guy like that doesnt want to be far from home for a long time ... but maybe they could arrange his scenes to be shot near home for him.

________
Old 01-12-2011, 11:34 AM

Arvan will become famous soon enough

It sounds like he's in talks to return as Saruman.

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2011/01/11/41639-sir-christopher-returns-in-the-hobbit/

Come visit WikiNarnia, an encyclopedia of Narnian knowledge (and help out too)!

"Do you want to go to doing different from what's in the books, and get things all muddled up? ...Don't you reckon that the people that made the books knows what's the correct thing to do? Do you reckon YOU can learn 'em anything? Not by a good deal."
~Tom Sawyer, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn