Rach's Writings

Nightcrawler_Fan

I decided I'd just make one thread for my writing stuff. It'll be easier. Anyway, I wrote some CT stuffs so I guess I'll start with that.

Heartland.jpg

Heartland

The young cabin boy, Damian, gripped the ship's railing tightly. Staring out at the roaring waves he tried to pray but every time he opened his mouth salt water sprayed into it making him gag. He heard a voice behind him and struggled to turn. He saw Captain Donaldson making his way towards him. Captain Donaldson grabbed Damian's shoulder just as a wave washed over the deck threatening to send them both overboard.

“Damian, lad, you shouldn't be on deck.” The captain exclaimed clutching the rail. “Get below before you're sent overboard.” Nodding, Damian made his way shakily towards the hatch and swiftly lowered himself into the opening.

Keeping one hand on the wall to steady himself he made his way to the galley where he found the passengers sitting and talking. When he entered the passengers smiled at him then turned back to their conversations. Damian walked over to the wall and lowered himself to sit on the floor leaning against the wall. He sat directly across from their wealthiest passenger. Lord Byrom sat talking to one of their wealthy lady passengers. No one knew exactly who she was but she had paid her fare in pure gold. Enough gold to buy the silence of even one so honest as Captain Donaldson. She called herself Zara but no one really knew if that was her real name or not. One of the other crew members, Keith, who now sat next to Damian, thought she might be a runaway princess. Damian just thought that Keith had to vivid an imagination. And more likely she was simply some wealthy heiress going to America to make a life for herself.

Zara wasn't their most mysterious passenger though. The man called Ryan sat in a corner his black coat wrapped around him. He rarely spoke and when he did it sounded like he was about to kidnap you, or worse. Keith had said he thought that Ryan was a pirate and that the ship was bound to be attacked at some time during their journey. Damian decided that if this storm kept up that, if there were pirates, they wouldn't be able to find their ship let alone attack it.

Just then two more crewmen tramped down into the galley. They were both soaked to the skin and dripping like a rainstorm themselves. Immediately two sisters, Ruth and Joyce, who had immediately taken a liking to the two burly crewmen, stood and began fussing over them. Neil and Declan just smiled and waved the girls off as they sat down and joined the conversation.

The last passenger was a quiet blond who sat on the other side of Keith. Damian thought Meghan might fancy Keith but he knew Keith had his eye on the rich Zara. But, if Keith had a brain, he would have seen that Lord Byrom had his eye on the beautiful heiress.

Damian glanced over at Ryan and had to look twice before he actually saw the black clad figure seated in the shadows. Damian was glad that he'd never been alone with Ryan. He didn't think he would probably survive such a meeting.

Just then Captain Donaldson appeared in the doorway just as a mighty crack of thunder was heard from the storm raging around the small boat. “Lads, we might have a problem. The main mast is cracked. I don't know if it will hold through the storm. And if it falls and hits the deck...”

“The whole ship could go.” Declan finished. The captain nodded and turned to Keith.

“Keith, lad I need you to climb the rigging and see how bad the damage is. You're our best climber and in that storm, I need the best.” Meghan gasped quietly and Damian knew his suspicions were correct. Meghan did fancy his friend. And know she was scared for him.

Last edited:
lol, Audrey, you're weird.

More:

Damian knew the dangers of climbing the rigging in weather like this. Even with a safety line. There was the chance that the safety line would snap, come untied, get wrapped around you and choke you. Any number of things. But he also knew that if no one went up there to assess the damage it might mean the destruction of the ship and the death and/or injury of them all.

Keith stood and nodded. “Aye Captain. Damo, think you could go grab me a rope?” Damian nodded then turned to see Meghan standing in the doorway to the deck.

“Keith, do you really expect me to sit here and wait while you go risk your life in that storm?” Keith took a step towards her.

“Meghan,” He said softly, “What do ye think yur doing?”

“I know it was supposed to be a secret but,” Meghan stopped speaking then said, “I can't let you do this Keith. You'll be killed. And...I don't want to lose you again.”

Throughout this entire exchange the rest of the crew and passengers had just watched. None of them knew what was going on. Or did they? Ryan stood and strode out of the shadows. He walked over to Meghan and grabbed her wrist.

“Lass,” He said quietly, his voice husky, “Don't be a fool. Keith is the only man who even has a chance of surviving the rigging and if he doesn't go up there we'll all be swept into the sea. So let him go. Right now you're only delaying his saving our lives.”

Meghan turned then and buried her face in Ryan's coat. Keith nodded his thanks at the man then brushed past them onto the deck. Damian followed with the rope thrown over his shoulder.

When they reached the deck Captain Donaldson grasped Keith's shoulder. “Good luck son.” Keith gripped the captain's shoulder momentarily then turned to Damian who had already begun to secure one end of the rope the the ship. Keith secured the other end to himself then grabbed the rigging and began his ascent.

Keith, the fastest climber Damian had ever seen, moved at an agonizingly slow pace upwards. Every time a wave hit the ship Damian was afraid that Keith would fall. But Keith seemed to know when the wave would hit and gripped tightly so as not to be thrown off. Eventually Keith made it to the crack and for several minutes just stayed there. It didn't look like he was doing anything. Finally Damian saw him move slowly downwards.

When Keith was about halfway down a wave hit the ship so hard that it almost tipped over completely. When it righted itself Damian looked up to see that some of the rigging had come loose and a chunk of wood was heading for Keith's head. Damian tried to yell over the sound of the wind but it was no use. His words were carried away by the wind. Damian was powerless as the block of wood headed straight for Keith who hung precariously from the half loose rigging.

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! I'm Like freaking out over here. I was like squeeling and my mom was like "What's wrong?" and I was like "Oh I'm reading one of Rach's stories." :p lol MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rachel, I want you to finish this. I'm not sure you were around for it, but this forum went through a girl-power super-goddess phase in which this story could not even have been written. In your story, you actually depicted a female as needing practical advice from a male! That would not have been tolerated in 2007-2008. You would have had to depict the women on the ship as stepping over the side, walking on the water, then picking up the whole ship on their shoulders to carry it to land.

Dun duh du! Here's more. :D

Just as the wood was about the hit Keith squarely in the side of the head he shifted ever so slightly forward. It was just enough that, instead of hitting him broadside, it grazed the back of his head. So, instead of sending him tumbling to the deck unconscious, it gave him a shallow cut on the back of his head.

As the wood grazed his head Keith jerked. He let go of the rigging and seemed to float in the air for an instant. A bolt of lightning lit the sky revealing a stunned look on Keith's face. Then the sky darkened again and Keith snatched helplessly for the rigging as he tipped backwards towards the deck. His fingers grazed the rope but his fingers and the rope were slick with rain and it slipped through his fingers, as hope now slipped from his mind, to wave wildly in the breeze, mocking him.

Keith was now parallel to the shifting deck and all he could see was the black sky and the wildly flapping canvas above him. Then he was upside down and Keith knew there was no way he was going to be able to stop his fall.

Madaline

Hey okay um..... Random i invited you my group cause i saw that u are a christan and thats so awesome iam a christan too

Back