The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans > The Eagle and Child > Other Fantasy Worlds

Other Fantasy Worlds Harry Potter, The NeverEnding Story and Beyond

View Poll Results: Which do you like best?
Eragon 6 13.04%
Star Wars 16 34.78%
Star Trek 8 17.39%
Twilight 3 6.52%
Harry Potter 13 28.26%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-25-2009, 09:51 AM
Friend of Narnia

SeaStar will become famous soon enoughSeaStar will become famous soon enough
Default Star Wars vs. Eragon vs. Harry Potter vs. Twilight vs. Star Trek...

Which "Other Fantasy World" do you like best? (Not where you'd rather live, which one you like to read/watch.) I'm going by the worlds that have their own sticky threads.

Narnia and Middle Earth already have their own poll, so they aren't on here.

I voted Star Wars because I've never read/seen Twilight, Harry Potter, or Star Trek. I've read Eragon (the first one) and watched the movie, but I really didn't like it too much.
What would have happened if you had.

Last edited by SeaStar; 11-17-2010 at 09:35 PM.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:30 AM
Friend of Narnia

SeaStar will become famous soon enoughSeaStar will become famous soon enough

I don't know how to edit a poll, unfortunately, or I could make it multiple choice...
What would have happened if you had.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:42 AM
Beloved Disciple

inkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really nice

I chose harry Potter because I like to read more than I like to watch tv and movies -- but I'm also a big Star Trek fan and a Star Wars fan, too.

I tried to read Eragon and just found it so dull, I quit reading. Then I tried to watch the movie and found it so dull that I barely could make it through ... Ugh! And it had a great actor, Jeremy Irons, whom I really like. And of course he died!
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.... 2 Corinthians 5:17
Dame Jax, the Just O.L. -- Officially Elected Dancing Lawn Mum

________
Read my Story Dragonfly • Link to my Dragonfly website! Jaxys Dragonfly
Old 11-25-2009, 11:21 AM
Friend of Narnia

Shadow_Kitty is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaStar View Post
I've read Eragon (the first one) and watched the movie, but I didn't like the movie too much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingingDryad~ View Post
Eragon=The BEST!!!!!But i don't like the movie...ugh!
Hardly anyone like the movie. That's why I'm remaking it when I become a movie director.
Quote:
Originally Posted by inkspot View Post
I tried to read Eragon and just found it so dull, I quit reading. Then I tried to watch the movie and found it so dull that I barely could make it through ... Ugh! And it had a great actor, Jeremy Irons, whom I really like. And of course he died!
The book takes a bit to get into but is very good once you do. The movie is just down right aweful.

Anyway, Eragon is my fave. I was obsessed with it for like, forever. Not as much anymore but I still love it.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:25 AM
Friend of Narnia

Lila is a jewel in the roughLila is a jewel in the roughLila is a jewel in the roughLila is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Lila

Well, I read Eragon and saw the movie, but I never really "obsessed" over it. And I must admit that I've barely even seen Star Trek. However, I've been a Star Wars geek since I was little (thanks, dad) and I've loved Harry Potter for years. So I guess they're tied for first. Twilight comes in a close second, though. But I've only been a fan of the books for a couple years, so I don't think it would be fair to group it in with the others.

click the banner to see more of my graphics or to request your own!
blog

Old 11-25-2009, 12:25 PM
Beloved Disciple

inkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really nice

I never read Twilight, so I can't comment on those books or films. Do you Twilight fans think the films are doing justice to the books? I like the HP movies, but they are nowhere near as good as the books. Star Trek I grew up with The Original Series, and then The Next Generation premiered when I was an adult, and I just have loved those forever. But just for entertainment, of these ones, I'd choose reading an HP book over all the films and things tv shows and things.
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.... 2 Corinthians 5:17
Dame Jax, the Just O.L. -- Officially Elected Dancing Lawn Mum

________
Read my Story Dragonfly • Link to my Dragonfly website! Jaxys Dragonfly
Old 11-25-2009, 01:05 PM
Friend of Narnia

Location: A place with Timelords, detectives, cats and Firebenders.
Mozart the Meerkitten is a jewel in the roughMozart the Meerkitten is a jewel in the roughMozart the Meerkitten is a jewel in the roughMozart the Meerkitten is a jewel in the rough

shesh I agree with Kitty when she said that TDL is famous for asking impossible questions!

hmm, I like Eragon, Star wars and Star trek.... hmmm.... not a fan of the others though.

The Tale of Mozart the Meerkitten~ The Fire Kitten
Catlition~ The Wolfprince's Revenge

If you spend every moment of your time thinking about something that makes you angry...well that’s no way to live is it?

What new adventures do await me?
In far and distant lands?
That my friends, I cannot say!

Because you don’t need to own the universe, just see it. Have the privilege of seeing the whole of time and space. That’s ownership enough.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:14 PM
Friend of Narnia

Nightfire is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Nightfire Send a message via AIM to Nightfire Send a message via MSN to Nightfire

I voted Harry Potter just because I've been such a fan of both the movies and the books since I was in first grade. I've pretty much grown up a fan of it.

As for Twilight, I feel that I was really only a fan over it while I was reading the books. Then, after I pulled away and looked back, I realized that there's nothing that really stands out for me in any of the books. Sure, they might be well-written to some extent, but I would never be a long-term fan of the books or the movies. The movie totally ruined my perspective of how Bella, Edward, and Jacob looked and interacted with each other - not something that happens all that often.

Star Wars is interesting, but not something that I'd become an avid fan of. I'm really only a fan of the Lego Star Wars Wii games my cousins have, if that counts for anything.

I never really got into Star Trek or Eragon. I can't even remember the Eragon movie, or how the books go.

Are you saying Merlin and Arthur will grow old together, or Colin and Bradley?
Old 11-25-2009, 05:02 PM
Friend of Narnia

QueenSusanofNarnia is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to QueenSusanofNarnia

Harry Potter.

be good.

writings & ramblings

signature & avatar by me
visit darling images
Old 12-19-2009, 06:48 PM
Friend of Narnia

Aravis_yanes is an unknown quantity at this point

I like Twilight I've read the books and watch the movies... love the books!... I like star wars... I've never read eragon or HP... I tried but got bored ... for star trek I've only watched the last movie that I certainly like it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkspot View Post
I never read Twilight, so I can't comment on those books or films. Do you Twilight fans think the films are doing justice to the books?
the films are ok... but the books are so much better... Twilight was good, New moon not to much it sticked more to the book but somehow it wasn't that good I dunno why, the book is better... and for eclipse I hope they do it the way it is.

Please help my dragons by clicking on them!!!
If u want to see my dragons click HERE

Call me Keyc or Kers... whatever u like

U can see my banners here