The Tale of Mozart the Meerkitten

What do you think of my books? (Mozart, Fire Kitten, Catlition and Greatest Battle)

• They are horrible! I don't like them at all!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mozart the Meerkitten

The Warrior Kittens: The Tale of Mozart the Meerkitten

Edit in 2012: Anybody who wants to read the second (and better) version of this book go to page 35 of this thread.

Ok with much insistentness from Shadow Kitty I have decided to post my whole Mozart story. I am DONE with my book now.... yeah.

Ok well here goes, enjoy:

The Tale of Mozart the Meerkitten

Prologue

A young she-cat shivered as she trekked back to her den. She walked slowly in, careful not to disturb her day-old kittens.
A tom cat watched her from the corner as she sniffed a mouse he had brought, she gulped it down eagerly, not looking up until she had finished.
“What will you do with them?” asked the tom cat.
“Who? The kittens? I’ll find someone to take care of them.”
“They are very little you know, you shouldn’t do this.”
“I must.” Was the she-cat’s blank reply, she had to, but didn’t want to.
The tom shook his head, “You saw them, none can escape their grasp, the kittens will die without you… Please, Rita….”
“Jako I know you think it’s foolhardy that I might be able to get them out, but I can, I know I can. My one regret is that I’ll never see them become what I hope they’ll be.”
“And what is that?”
“Warriors. Warriors who can defeat Cogg and his army.”
“That is impossible! Rita, use your head, these little ones,” his tail swept over the kittens, “Are only babies, they won’t be warriors, they may not even live!” hissed Jako.
“Jako, I must get them away. Please help me.”
Jako sighed and reluctantly agreed.

That night the two cats readied themselves. Rita took the first kitten, a golden haired beauty, whose fur shown in the sun.
“I shall name you, Toto, you are my firstborn. Be a leader.” She whispered to the little cat, who wasn’t even a week old, but seemed to hear his mother’s voice, as he let out a soft mew in acceptation.
Jako stayed with the others until Rita came back. Rita then took the next kitten.
This one was dark haired and beautiful, one who blends with the shadows.
“I name you Caspian, be a protector and a kind boy.” She whispered, and again the kit gave a small mew of exception.
Then the next kitten, a pale blond-golden haired girl who wriggled with anticipation.
“I name you Dorthy, be a strong girl, be frightened by near nothing, have defiance and stubbornness like your mother.” This time the kit mewled loudly, Rita stopped a moment, then continued quickly.
Then the last kit, this one was the very tiniest kitten of all of them. She had dark hair and Rita carried her lightly and sang,
“Little one, little one, be greatest of all,
Let none bother you because you are small,
Be kind and sweet,
Though small and petite,
A tiny kitten,
The toughest,
Most defiant,
May the Lord King be with you,
Ever, always.
Mozart the Meerkitten,
My baby.”

-------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Chapter One

Chapter One
Whispers

Myrrh watched her four littlest kittens playing on the banks of the river where they lived. She sighed blissfully and wished she could be like them again.
How long had it been, since she had taken the youngsters into her abode? It seemed like years but the kittens were only just that day 2 months and a half old.
The tiniest one, Mozart, tumbled to Myrrh’s feet.
“Hey who did that?” squeaked the little kitten
“Haha! Gottcha Moz!” cried a larger kitten as he walked out from the bushes.
Another of the kittens, a little dark haired boy called out, “Kenny! Why you being mean to Mozart huh? Better have a good reason or I’ll….”
“You’ll do what? Adoriblize me? Oh I’m sooo scared, my baby brother is coming to get me, ooh. Ow! Hey watch it!”
The two kittens fell tussling in the grass. Mozart giggled uncontrollably, her sister Dorthy dropped her bow, with an arrow still knocked, firing it into the sky.
Myrrh sighed, wishing to be free of the burden she had and to be as carefree as the kittens in her care.

****​

Myrrh went inside to think. It had been only 2 months and a half today since she had agreed to take care of the kittens.
The arrangement itself had been altogether odd. The old cat had been wandering alone one day when she was confronted by a young tom-cat no older than her eldest son. He had asked her to come with him and she had. They had gone to a hollow surrounded by trees and ferns. It was very lush and beautiful. A young she cat had been there with four tiny kits.
The she cat had asked what the old cat’s name was. The old cat had replied her name was Myrrh.
“No, no, you must have another name.” insisted the young she cat.
Myrrh had sighed and said,
“The only other name I was ever called was Mama Cat, and to this day some still say that is my name.”
“Good.” Said the she cat smiling, “Mama Cat I release these four kittens into your care. Watch over them as if they were your own.”
Myrrh had been stunned, but stayed calm.
“Young cat, I am very old, my kittens are growing or grown… How can I take care of these little ones even as my strength begins to fail?”
“Mama Cat, you must help us. Our home is in grave danger; these little ones may be able to save it! Watch over them I beg you. Tell them nothing of their quest until you judge they are ready. Please, please keep them in your care!” cried the young cat in despair.
“Alright, alright, I will take care of them. They will be my own. But remember child, I will never give them back to you. They will from this moment on be my kittens, you may visit them, you may watch them, but never again will they be your babies.”
The she cat’s voice quivered, “I s-shall do as you wish. Just care for them and watch over them and love them. Their names they will tell you, now we must go.” And with that, Myrrh had been left alone with the four kittens.

Now Myrrh wondered again, are they ready? Should I tell them their quest? What now shall I do?
Then Myrrh heard a voice say, ‘They have always been ready, never doubt it, wait no longer.’ Then the voice faded and Myrrh thought,
‘Who knew whispers would change my life forever?’

YEAH!!!!!!! That was great! More?

yes, everytime someone posts a comment I'll post another chapter. And yes the chapters get longer.;)

more:

Chapter two
Newsflash​

Myrrh called her four youngest kittens inside.

“Whats wrong mama?”
“Have we done something wrong?”
“Why do you look so sad?”
“Tell us mama!”

Myrrh listened to her little kittens’ questions without saying a word. When they had quieted down a bit she spoke;
“What I am going to tell you is for no other ears, that means you mustn’t tell anyone.
“Not even, Charity and Hope and Faith and Kenny and Strength and Peace and Gen and Star?” they spoke together,
“Not even Carrie?”
“Not even, Joy?”
“Not even Cara?”
“Not even Jenny and Jacob?”
“Not even Leo and Leocheo?”
“Not even…”
“That is enough! Quiet now! No living soul, no stars no nobody’s no no-ones.”
“Yes mama.” They said in unison.
“Now that’s better. Now you must listen carefully to what I say…”

There and then Myrrh told her littlest kittens their quest and what they had to do.
“You must go alone. No one can go with you. Take your things and leave this evening.”
“Must we go so soon mama?” asked Mozart.
“Yes darling.” Said Myrrh, who was trying to blink back tears, “Remember I love all of you, and I will never forget my kittens.”

The four kittens became very solemn they went to bed there and then so they wouldn’t be tired in the evening when they had to leave.

*sniff*
Poor kitties. Having to leave home like that.
Speaking of kitties I've got a very cute one on my lap :)
I'll be waiting for more!

*sniff*
Poor kitties. Having to leave home like that.
Speaking of kitties I've got a very cute one on my lap :)
I'll be waiting for more!

It also gets funny, I have plenty of comic relief on hand.;)

more:

Chapter three
Depart with Gifts

Mozart was awakened by her mother gently shaking her.
“It is time.” Said Myrrh solemnly
Mozart got up without a single word. She picked up her white cloak and fastened it around her neck. Then she attached her pack to her cloak through a sturdy clip and looked at her mother.
Myrrh nodded and brought the tiny kitten to where her siblings waited. They were dressed similarly to Mozart except their cloaks were gray. Into each cloak was an embroidered Red Lion. Mozart took from her pack a small white scarf and tied it around her neck.
Myrrh came to them bearing some kind of burden hidden inside a large burlap sack. She set it down and went to Toto, the oldest and firstborn of the four kits.
“Toto firstborn, as a gift for your journey I give you these.” Said Myrrh as she uncovered a sword dagger and sheaths for them both from their wrappings. Toto took them silently and said
“Forever I will keep them and use them as I can, to defeat my foes and make a free land.” Then he took them and put them on his belt. The gem on the pommel matched his brown-green eyes.
Then Myrrh went to Caspian, secondborn of the kits.
“Caspian secondborn, your gift are these which I now give to you. Use them well, son.”
Caspian watched as Myrrh uncovered another sword and dagger these still in their sheaths.
“I will protect others with my life as I use these.” He said bravely, “None shall stand when my siblings are challenged.” He hissed. The gem on the pommel of his sword matched the fire that burned in his eyes as he vowed to defend his siblings.
Myrrh smiled at the kit’s defiance then went on to her firstborn daughter, Dorthy.
“Dorthy firstborn daughter, I give these to you for they shoot straight and true.”
Dorthy’s gift was a bow arrows and a dagger. The bow was intricately carved with beautiful markings. The dagger’s gem was green, the color of Dorthy’s eyes.
“I will not lose my arrows and I will not break my bow. I shall be first to shoot and last to run out of arrows and retreat.” She said ever defiantly.
Myrrh smiled and moved on to the last of her kits.
Mozart lastborn.
“Mozart the lastborn of my kits, to you I give the most precious gifts of all.” Said Myrrh and threw back the covering and exposed a bottle of cordial, a blue stone on a necklace a dagger and sword.
Mozart gasped and said, “Mother, I hast no words to express my gratitude for these gifts, but tell me, what are they?”
Myrrh smiled “They are special gifts for a special kit. The cordial is rare. It is a gift given to me long ago from kings and queens. It is the cordial that comes from far away and can cure any injury or illness you may have. The stone is just as rare. I found it one day while I was wandering. It makes you invisible.”
“Invisible?” asked Dorthy, “Why that’s impossible! Er, isn’t it, mama?”
Myrrh chuckled “No m’dear it is quite possible. I have done it.” Gasps came from the amazed kittens.
“Here I will show you. Now you see her,” Myrrh put the stone on Mozart, “Now you don’t!”
Frightened gasps came from the three kittens.
Mozart had vanished.
“Where is she? What has happened to her?”
“Mama what have you done?!?!”
“Mozart, Mozart, where did you go?!?”
A giggle came from the spot Mozart had been standing in. Suddenly the tiny kitten burst out laughing and rolled on the ground taking the stone off as she did.
“Mozart!”
“What is so funny?”
“T-the look on y-your f-faces when I disappeared!” gasped the little kitten between fits of laughter.
“Hahahaha, you look like you’d seen a phantom! Oh hahaha! It was so soo sooo so funnnny!!!” Hehehahahohoheha!”
This continued on until Myrrh said,
“Alright kits calm down. It’s time for you to go.”
At once the kittens became sober.

Myrrh accompanied them a little ways into the wood. Then she said sadly,
“Here I must leave you. But before I do I have something to tell you;

Be careful my little adventurers
Watch out for danger
Be careful
You do not stray,
From good to evil,
Any day.
Oh little ones oh little ones,
How I wish you could stay,
My heart screams
‘Do not go away do not go away!
Little ones little ones,
Stay stay stay!’
But my little ones,
Go away,
Go now,
Run!
To
Your
Destiny!
I love you!”

And as she finished the kittens obeyed, and ran, ran to just what their mother said,
Destiny.

Haha. Mozart, way to ruin a serious scene
I like this story! It's good! Meadow (one of my cats) says it's good to.

Oh yeah, I know, but I had to do that. It was too funny!:p
Yay! A cat likes my story!:D

I'm gonna run outta chapters soon!:eek: Well maybe not since these next ones get longer.;)
more:

Chapter four
Wolf Woods​

Morning offered no comfort to the four little kittens.
To them it was cold and frightening. For the kittens were no longer in their home-wood, they were in a different-wood. Who lived and ruled here they knew not. Yet things seemed normal, almost peaceful, save for the sense of foreboding and evil which hung over the forest.

The kittens ate a cold breakfast then walked on into the unknown wood.

“It’s so quiet,” commented Mozart, “The birds don’t even sing.” She said sadly.
“It’s creepy.” Said Caspian shuddering.
“Aw you babies! It’s just a wood, like any other wood we’ve been to! Hahaha ha….” giggled Dorthy nervously.
“Well come on why not have a look around, eh? Split up into two groups; Caspian and Mozart, and Dorthy and me.” Said Toto bravely, trying to be strong for his siblings sake.
“Y-yeah! C’mon Mo, let’s go, hehe that rhymes.” Caspian spoke hollowly though, for he and the others knew something was wrong.
“O.K. Caspian, I’m coming.” Said Mozart quietly, then the two pairs split with Toto saying,
“Meet back here latter with a report!” he called back over his shoulder.

Mozart was scared. She had never been alone with only her brother before. Myrrh had never let them leave home without their older siblings, after all.

“I wonder if anyone lives around here?” she said quietly.
Caspian shrugged, “Prob’ly. Don’t look deserted, there’s a path here we’re walkin’ on.”
Mozart could tell her brother was nervous, he only ever used improper language when he was scared or nervous. Mozart’s tail twitched. Something was up. She held up a paw to Caspian who immediately stopped walking and looked about.
“Something’s wrong.” Whispered Mozart, then “Get down!” she hissed and pushed Caspian and herself to the ground, just as an arrow whizzed over their heads.

Toto lurched. His head had begun to hurt badly.
“Dorthy, can you feel it too? Can ya sense it?” he asked quietly.
“I feel it.” Hissed Dorthy, “It hurts. Something’s the matter with Mozart and Caspian, I feel it!”
“So why we standin’ here?” yowled Toto, “Let’s see what these gifts mama gave us can do!” he said boldly, but inside he said,
‘Let’s see what we can do.”

Yeah! Some rising action! I like rising action!
I like Dorthy. and of course I like Mozart.
Caspian... I just can't like..... But I will try to keep an open mind.
Don't know enough about Toto yet....
I like it! It's a really awesome idea!

I must change your opinion of Caspian, Kitty, perhaps he should come to your house in cat/person.:p

more:

Mozart looked up cautiously and was surprised to hear voices;
“What are you doing shooting at them?!? We still don’t know who they are, and that’s what we’re supposed to find out! We weren’t told to kill them!” said a voice angrily.
“I forgot! See I was jus’ puttin’ an arrow on my string an’ pulled back an’ I accident’ly shoot at em’.” said a second voice innocently.
“Huh! Iffin it was my choice I’d have a more experienced one with me, but I got stuck with ye!” hissed the first voice.
“Hehe lookie here they are a-comin to get you Raffell! Hehe you’ll be attacked by ‘em!”
“Enough with that foul language Tearol! Humph we best see iffin they still there or no.” said the first voice, apparently called Raffell.

Caspian stood.
“Alright you cowards, come out! We ain’t afraid of you!” he growled.
Then, as if on cue, two creatures came out of the brush. One was a young fox, the other an old raccoon.
Caspian stiffened.
“Whose side you on? Good ner bad?” said the raccoon, presumably Raffell.
“Neither yet.” said Caspian, “We’re strangers here.”
“Wah, we? Hehe, there is only one of em! Hehe, he’s learned ‘is numbers wrong iseems!”
“I do not lie.” Said Caspian grimly, and Mozart stood, her head just barely showing above the tall grass.
“Hoho youngster, there be two of em, eh! Well then my name’s Raffell, iffin ya ain’t rightly guessed! This young ‘un is Tearol, he’s a rascal no mistake!” laughed the old coon.
“Well my name is Cas-“ he was cut off by Mozart saying, “Just a moment sirs we’ll be right back.” Then she half dragged Caspian out of earshot of the coon and fox.

“What do’ya think you’re doing!” she hissed.
“Tellin’ them two my name, is that so bad?” he asked altogether surprised at his sister’s behavior.
“Yes it is! If they are on the ‘bad side’! Do you want the ‘bad guy’ whoever he is, to know who he wants to track down? We must think of something else.” She said.
Caspian realized what he had been about to do.
“You’re right sis; we need nick-names… Yours can be Mo; we call you that anyhow, what should mine be though?”
Mozart thought for a moment then said, “You can be Pian, part of your name anyway so we ain’t really lie’n.”
“Good thinking Mo, alright, lets hop to, righto?”

They went back into the clearing and Caspian began again.
“Sorry ‘bout that had to get something in with my friend here.” He said, “Name’s Pian, this here is Mo.”
“Pleased to met’cha Moie and Pianie!” said Tearol exuberantly.
“Er, well yes, nice to meet you too.” said Mozart feeling very small.

There was a silence then which was broken by Caspian.
“So where do you two live?” he asked
“We al’ show ya.” Said Tearol
“Now Tearol I’m warning you for the last time, speak properly or not at all, and since the latter is no option to you, speak proper.”
“Or what’l ya do ol’timer?”
“Or I will hit you on the head so hard you will be unable to speak.” said the old raccoon seriously.
“Well alright fine Raffell, you win, I’ll speak more proper like.” said the fox
The kittens let out a simultaneous sighs of relief.

Yeah! More charies!!!
IDK Mewsie... My opinions are hard to change....

Yes I have many more characters yet to introduce.:D;)
We shall see, we shall see.:p

more:

Dorthy stopped running.
“It don’t hurt any more Toto.”
“I know. And now I’ve no idea where Caspian and Mozart are either.”
“I hope nothin’ bad happened to them.” Said Dorthy chokingly
“T-they’ll be a-ok Dorthy, I kin feel it.” said Toto “An’ if they aren’t then we’ll rescue them, right?”
“R-Right!”
“Then let’s go!” said Toto, and they took off running again.

****​

Cogg stared down at his immense plantation. It was worked by many slaves, and guarded by warriors.
None could come in, and none could go out.
It was the way Cogg liked it.

A coyote walked up to the large wolf.
“Things are going well my lord.” It growled to his master.
“Good. Are the slaves being kept under control?”
“Yes master. We have put down every sliver of rebellion present.”
“Any killed?”
“None. Ha, when we threatened their youngsters they promised to be good, they did. Wouldn’t never try to rebel ‘gain. Haha”
The huge wolf looked down at the plantation again.
“Bring that little black cat to me.” He hissed to the coyote.
The creature ran to do his master’s will, for none disobeyed Cogg the great wolf.

The tiny black cat was brought before Cogg. She looked terrified when she saw the great wolf.
Cogg laughed at her.
“Now listen you cat, I have a job for one like ye.”
“Y-yes m-m’l-lord.” stuttered back the kitten, who was hardly more than a babe.
Cogg laughed again, “Then you shall become my servant, cat! Now tell me, what is your name?”
“S-Shadow, s-sir.” stammered the kit.
“Then be swift and get me some food, now.”
The terrified little kitten though was frozen in place, unable to move to do as she was told.
One of the guards knocked her with a stick, causing her to tumble over.
“I said,” began Cogg again, “To get me some food, NOW!”

Suddenly there was a wild shout, and out of nowhere two kittens appeared.
“Let ‘er be you big bullies!” shouted one of them defiantly, he was small and gray with white lines down his sides and intertwined on his small, brave, face.
“Yeah do it tu’ us instead!” cried the other who was slightly smaller than the other, with darker gray hair and less prominent white stripes.
“Get them!” howled Cogg, “Get the rebellious rascals!”
“Run Shadow, we’ll hold em off!” exclaimed the first kitten.

Shadow was spurred into action by her brother’s cries. She darted underneath the guards and ran into the palace faster than an arrow from the string.
*****​

*squeals* SHADOW!!!! Aww... I like Shadow lots....
Good update. You know, I really should be reading this when I'm not half asleep.... I may have to re-read it later.

hehe, yeah this is a story with detail and you can't just skim it over, thats for sure!:D

more:

Missy heard yelling up on the wall. She knew who it was…
Frodo, Smokey and Shadow.
The three kits were put into her care everyday when their mother went to work in another part of the castle. Missy was constantly getting the three out of trouble.

‘Now what?’ she wondered, ‘Little hooligans, they’ll never stop getting into trouble will they? Huh, I suppose I’ll have to make sure they’re alright, I don’t know what Tori would do if they were hurt.’
With this in mind the old cat stopped picking fruit and went towards the gate.
She was stopped by two of the guards.
“Now wha’r you doin’ cat?” growled one of them.
“Such language, didn’t your mother ever teach you to talk better to your elders?” what she wanted to add was,
‘Except you probably don’t have a mother, do you?’
“An’ didn’t yer own mum never tell you to respect higher ups?”
Missy sighed and said impatiently,
“Look, I’ll be gone for exactly ten minutes; if I’m not back by then you can set every creature on my trail. Though I’m much too old to try and escape, mind you.”
One of the guards grunted and said, “Fine ten minutes ‘zactly.”
“Fair enough.” Said she, then Missy ran off as fast as she could to where she knew the kittens would be….
In the kitchen with the cooks.
The kittens loved to hide there when they got in trouble; nobody ever looked down there anyway.

“Ahem.” The cooks turned to the old cat.
“I’m looking for FSS, do you have any?”
The cooks nodded, they knew the drill and the code.

You see, the kittens, Frodo, Smokey and Shadow that is, got into trouble a lot, so the cooks and Missy made up a code using the first letter of each of the kitten’s names, aka FSS. Since FSS could mean anything, if the guards heard it meant nothing to them.

“Oh yes ma’m we got them in plenty.” said one of the cooks, another hustled the three little kittens out of their hiding spot to Missy.
“I thank you very much my good ladies.” said Missy, before she left though one of the cooks gave each of the three kits a piece deer-meat to eat.
“All tat running around must wear you out, lil ones.” She said kindly.
Missy thanked her, and then went with the kittens back to the plantation area.
It was over ten minutes, but Missy knew it didn’t matter.
Sure enough there were new guards posted at the stations.

Mozart and Caspian were taken to a large building. It was made of some sort of brick and very sturdy. The walls were tall and coated in a kind of slime so that no one could climb them. The door was made of a kind of iron, it was tall and black. A single brass handle-knocker was on the door, far above Mozart’s tiny head.
Raffell banged the knocker on the door. After a moment they were greeted by a voice on the other side.
“Who goes there?” It growled
“Raffell, Tearol and two guests.” Replied the raccoon

There was silence for a few tense moments, and Caspian began to wonder if they’d be allowed in, then there was a rusty creak as the door swung open.

(end chapter)

*claps* YEAH! Super-siting!! (Super exciting)
Hi Frodo! Hi Smokey!
Anyway great job! Can't wait to see the next chappie!

Oh yes you must meet Ca-.... well I'm not going to tell you because you'll see them in this next chapter!:D

more:

Chapter Five
Reandalawo and the Venturers​

As the four of them entered the fortress a sense of awe came over Mozart and Caspian. It was beautiful and amazing, quite prepared for an attack.

“What is this place?” asked Mozart awestruck.
“It is Reandalawo.” spoke a voice nearby. A young cat walked out of the shadows towards them.
“So,” he said, “You have come back.”
They were left wondering the meaning of his words, when a group of creatures came at them. There were many kinds of animals present; foxes, badgers, raccoons, squirrels, cats, birds, rabbits, even mice, all curious about the travelers.
The curious group was shooed away by a leader from each band. So the two kittens, the fox and the old raccoon were greeted by a cat, a fox, a bird, a squirrel, a rabbit, a mouse, and all the other leaders of the groups of animals.

One of them spoke, Mozart for a moment, thought she recognized him, but no.
He was an old cat, completely gray with age, he had green eyes and looked kind.
“Greetings, my friends, Raffell and Tearol, good to see you again. Any luck with your hunt?” said the old cat.
“We found these two,” Raffell swept his paw over the kittens, “But nothing more.”
“What were you looking for?” asked Mozart
“Nothing babies like you need to worry about!” said an old mouse that came bustling up.
“We are not babies!” exclaimed Caspian, “We’re warriors! See, we have swords, we have daggers, we can fight!”
The old cat shook his head, “Just because you have weapons doesn’t make you warriors.” He said gently.
“Well, we can still fight.” growled Caspian angrily.
“Then fight me.”
“Who said that?”
“I did.” A cat walked out of the crowd of creatures, Mozart recognized him as the young tom who had told them the name of the fortress.
“Why should I fight you?” demanded Caspian.
The tom shrugged, “Then you are probably not a real warrior.”
His pride stung, Caspian growled,
“You’ve got yourself a deal, rouge.”

It was late afternoon when the duel was to take place. Caspian suited up for battle. He had his sword and dagger hooked on his belt loosely in their sheaths, and his chain-mail on. He wore no helm, for he found them clumsy and hard to see through. He wore a patch on his chain-mail, on it was a red lion, his mother had sewed it there.

The young tom wore an amour suit and a helmet that matched. He had a sword at his side and no emblem on his mail-coat.
Both opponents entered the rink.
The duel began.

Missy was out picking berries with the kittens. Ever since the day Shadow was summoned Missy had not let the three kits out of her sight.
Today was no different.
The kittens picked berries gleefully, though they ate as much as they picked.
Missy sighed, the kittens seemed to know nothing of the danger she felt looming over them.

Dorthy could run no further. She stumbled to a halt at the bottom of a large tree and gasped,
“Toto, I can’t run any more. We haveta stop.”
Toto halted nearby. He was as tired as his sister, but he knew he and Dorthy must find Mozart and Caspian.

“I know you’re tired Dorthy,” he gasped between gulps of air, “But we gotta keep going, or we may never see Mozart and Caspian again.”
Dorthy’s eyes widened.
“Then you go on without me. I’ll be ok, you know I will.”
Toto shook his small golden head.
“I won’t risk losing you too…” he hung his head and said, “We’ll rest here awhile.”

Dorthy shook her head.
‘Stubborn little cats is what mama used to call us… and I guess we all are.’

Tigerclaw crept up to his master.
“Yes, lord?” he hissed
“I want you to bring me the three kittens who caused such a ruckus the other day. Bring them alive. Lock them in the dungeons for however long you see fit. Teach them never to disobey Cogg again, understood?”
Tigerclaw suppressed a sly smile.
“Leave it to me, lord. They shall be dealt with.”

The large orange cat walked down the stairs, grinning evilly.

A large gray cat sauntered out of a bush, head held high, and a confident posture.
He began to whistle a tune and gradually voices joined him.

‘Oh we are the brave
Oh we are the fearless,
We stand true,
For all that is good!
We fear none!
For none ever challenge us!
Once they see our bravery,
They all flee in fear!
Catlition! Catlition!
What a wonderful call!
Catlition! Catlition!
It is our battle cry!’

Four other cats walked out of the undergrowth, two older and battle-scarred, and two young and brave.
The first, the big gray cat, turned to the others.
“I sense something amiss here. Be on your guard.” yet in-spite of his warning, he seemed carefree and wistful.

Unknowingly, the group wandered towards Cogg’s fortress.

Mid and Flower come in at chapter 8.;)

a little more:

Missy sensed someone watching her. She turned to find herself confronted with a large orange cat.
“May I help you?” she asked politely, but warily.
“Perhaps.” He said in a sly voice that made Missy shiver.
“Are you new here? I haven’t seen you in the slave compound.” Missy questioned quietly.
The cat shrugged, “I’ve been,” he hesitated, “around.”
“Well what do you want, cat? I’m busy.” said Missy, weighing her voice carefully.
“I want those three kittens,” hissed the orange cat, “Come on, hand them over.”
The hair the back of Missy’s hair stood on end.

“Get behind me kits.” she hissed to the three kits, who had stopped working to watch.
“Missy, who is he?”
“What kittens, Missy?”
“I think he means us, Shadow!”
“Clever little kits, eh? Well let’s see how clever you are in the cells, eh?
“What?!?”
“Missy, do something!”
“Never did like a cat who used the same word back-tu-back in sentences.”

“Run, kits! Run as you never have before!!!” Missy howled, then launched herself onto Tigerclaw.

The kittens obeyed and ran, ran as fast as they could.
They hid in various places only they knew of.
Smokey ran into a hole at the bottom of a hollow tree, then up to the branches.
Frodo hid in a hole in the wall.
And Shadow hid high up in the gutter.

(end chapter)

Back