The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans > The Eagle and Child > Other Fantasy Worlds

Notices

Other Fantasy Worlds Harry Potter, The NeverEnding Story and Beyond

View Poll Results: Which Captain is best/your favorite?
Kirk, ToS 15 44.12%
Picard, TNG 7 20.59%
Sisko, DS9 5 14.71%
Janeway, Voyager 4 11.76%
Archer, Enterprise 3 8.82%
Other - state who in your post 0 0%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-21-2009, 01:24 PM
Beloved Disciple

inkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really nice

That's OK; I didn't care that the Janeway/Chakotay thing didn't work out, but I just didn't like them then going, "Oh, next best thing! Chakotay/Seven!" like it was an afterthought ... plus to me Seven seems like a woman who would always be self-contained and never really interested in a relationship because of her heredity and composition.
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.... 2 Corinthians 5:17
Dame Jax, the Just O.L. -- Officially Elected Dancing Lawn Mum

________
Read my Story Dragonfly Link to my Dragonfly website! Jaxys Dragonfly
Old 04-21-2009, 01:28 PM
Friend of Narnia

Lucy but Taller is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm writing a story on star trek.When I finish,I will put it on a thread.

My tumblr:http://thatonegeekisweird.tumblr.com/
Old 04-21-2009, 04:32 PM
Beloved Disciple

inkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really nice

Oh, cool! I love Star Trek fiction. I've read a ton of those books. I like them beause they are like the series, you know everything is going to end OK, and it is going to be more or less g-rated. Plus I like all the characters.

My brothers are also big fans of ToS, and one time when we were together we sat down and tried to list every episode. It was embarrassing how many of them we actually listed -- we were only short like 3 or 4 episodes ...
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.... 2 Corinthians 5:17
Dame Jax, the Just O.L. -- Officially Elected Dancing Lawn Mum

________
Read my Story Dragonfly Link to my Dragonfly website! Jaxys Dragonfly
Old 04-21-2009, 05:37 PM
Friend of Narnia

Twilightdryadhobbit is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkspot View Post
Oh, cool! I love Star Trek fiction. I've read a ton of those books. I like them beause they are like the series, you know everything is going to end OK, and it is going to be more or less g-rated. Plus I like all the characters.

My brothers are also big fans of ToS, and one time when we were together we sat down and tried to list every episode. It was embarrassing how many of them we actually listed -- we were only short like 3 or 4 episodes ...
My older sister and I could probably do that. Hmm, I smell a Duffer thread coming on...

ARR! I be Twilight! Master Gunner aboard the good ship The Black Spot!
This be Twilight's
history and the Pirate's thread
Jesus is my ALL!
Old 04-21-2009, 10:48 PM
Friend of Narnia

Aravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really nice

Oh, I forgot to mention I've been reading a trilogy of original series books. It's a series called, "My Brother's Keeper". The 3 books are subtitled, "Republic", "Constitution", and "Enterprise." They're good, but the language can get a little much at times. Kirk can get foul-mouthed, as can Bones.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:38 PM

christianrocker505 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to christianrocker505

I think I might dress up like Darth Vader or some Star Wars character to the opening night of Star Trek and then in the middle of the movie storm out making a gigantic noise while going out. Besides that it looks awesome.

James Gordon Jr.:Why's he running, Dad?
Lt. James Gordon:Because we have to chase him.
James Gordon Jr.:He didn't do anything wrong.
Lt. James Gordon:Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight. -The Dark Knight
Old 04-23-2009, 01:00 PM
Friend of Narnia

Aravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really nice

You'd probably get tackled before you even set foot in the theater.
Old 04-25-2009, 02:26 PM

General Oreius is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aravis Kenobi View Post
but the only thing about the new movie is: the sexual content. Kirk gets into bed with both Uhura and with an alien. This is one of the pitfalls of HOllywood; they take the womanizing aspects of Kirk and exagerrate it. I know Kirk probably fell into bed with every beautiful woman he came across,k but with uhura? SEriously? There should be SOME kind of limit. That's the only beef I have right now with Abrams. And this will be another ST film that I probably won't see until it releases on dvd.
I'm worried about the sexual content too. The PG-13 rating listed on the movie's website right now says "Brief Sexual Content." Granted, that could mean anything these days, but I'm trusting it will be a two-minute scene where my brother and I look down and wait for the Red Alert alarm to go off, forcing Kirk and Uhura to stop.

I guess the two had some sort of "sexual tension" during the original series (that's coming from a Trekkie I've met here at school). *Shrug* They did kiss once, but that was under telekinetic influence ("Plato's Stepchildren", no?).

Oh, and about the Darth Vader uniform...expect a couple of Vulcan nerve pinches or some Kirk drop-kicks if you wear that into the theater, since there won't be phasers allowed, of course.

"We were expecting somebody (you know) a little taller."
"You're one to talk."

"What gives you the right [to be the only Batman]?"
"I'm not wearing hockey pants!"

Always remembered in my heart, I know he is dancing with his unborn children and the angels: My Dad.

"I leave my two swords in your back, draw my claymore, and fight to the death."
Old 04-26-2009, 03:13 PM
Friend of Narnia

Yeah I'm hoping it's just implied.

if anyone wants to, go visit trektoday.com. They have some new behind the scenes clips and other film clips; the ET clip is interesting, but the movie clips I couldnt' see because Google Chrome wouldn't open up the website...so hope they're okay.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:31 PM
Friend of Narnia

Lucy but Taller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default do you REALLY want to see the new star trek movie?

Do you really want to see the new star trek movie coming out?I did at first,but then,I saw the commercials,and found it creepy for these reasons.

1.Sex.It shows Kirk in bed with SOMEONE,I don't want to know who.

2.violence and special effects.This might not be as bad,but I liked the old special effects in TOS.

3.Just the side note.It says "Not your father's kind of star trek".I found this sickening,because now I think "well,if its not like the old days,then I wonder if it will be all new-aged and awful!" and I don't wanna have star trek like that!

Just my thoughts.

My tumblr:http://thatonegeekisweird.tumblr.com/