The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans > The Eagle and Child > Other Fantasy Worlds

Notices

Other Fantasy Worlds Harry Potter, The NeverEnding Story and Beyond

View Poll Results: Which Captain is best/your favorite?
Kirk, ToS 15 44.12%
Picard, TNG 7 20.59%
Sisko, DS9 5 14.71%
Janeway, Voyager 4 11.76%
Archer, Enterprise 3 8.82%
Other - state who in your post 0 0%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-15-2009, 06:38 PM
Beloved Disciple

inkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really nice
Default Star Trek - one thread for all things Trekkie

OK, ST fans, let's talk!

Favorite ST series?
Favorite character?
Favorite episode?

This is the place for Star Trek.
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.... 2 Corinthians 5:17
Dame Jax, the Just O.L. -- Officially Elected Dancing Lawn Mum

________
Read my Story Dragonfly Link to my Dragonfly website! Jaxys Dragonfly
Old 04-15-2009, 09:36 PM
Friend of Narnia

Aravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really nice

random ST fact: Trekkie is the only fan listed in the encyclopedia.

My favorite series is Voyager.

My Favorite character out of the whole thing is probably Bones. Who doesn't love him? I mean come on.

Favorite episode....hard to say since I haven't seen all the episodes of TOS. but for Voyager, Someone To Watch Over Me or Shattered.
Old 04-16-2009, 04:53 PM
Beloved Disciple

inkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really nice

Voyager and Enterprise are the two series that I know the least about! I watched a few Voyagers, but not many. I've seen all the ToS a bunch of times, all TNG and all DS9.

Usually Spock is my favorite character...

For favorite episode, I like "The Trouble with Tribbles" from ToS and the Tribble one they made on DS9, which I can't remember the name of the episode. It's fun to watch those back to back.
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.... 2 Corinthians 5:17

________
Old 04-16-2009, 05:23 PM
Friend of Narnia

dayhawk68 will become famous soon enough

Voyager is the best of all time!!!!
then Ds9, TNG, and TOS are all three in second
then poor enterprise is last lol

I have too many fav characters but I think either Dr. Crusher, 7 of 9, or Worf is my favorite...
fav couple though is Tom and B'lanna with Crusher and Picard and Worf and Dax as a close second.

fav episode ever is when Wesley Crusher is a part of a forbidden stunt and because of it one of his team mates die. Its quite sad but a great episode.

I CANT WAIT UNTIL THE MOVIE COMES OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

My Art

The Art of a Hawk's
OPEN!
Please see 1st post

Team Jasper
Paperb'nite

Last edited by dayhawk68; 04-16-2009 at 05:26 PM.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:07 PM
Beloved Disciple

Oh, I hated it that Wesley and his classmates did that stunt and got one of them killed and embarrassed Crusher and Picard and disappointed them ... it was so sad!!!

I didn't care about Crusher/Picard as a couple. Tom and B'elana, I saw a bit of that on Voyager, and I thought they were cute. But Worf and Dax was an excellent combination! I also liked the suggestion of Worf and Deanna for a while ... I didn't care that much for Sisko/Cassie, either. I loved Odo/Kira. That was so sweet.

________
Old 04-16-2009, 08:44 PM

dawna is an unknown quantity at this point

Favorite ST series?
Voyager

Favorite character? Chakotay

Favorite episode? season 7 endgame

(Avatars from spareoom. net)

Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again.
~C.S. Lewis~
Old 04-16-2009, 10:32 PM
Friend of Narnia

Aravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawna View Post
Favorite ST series?
Voyager

Favorite character? Chakotay

Favorite episode? season 7 endgame
Lol, I love you! Those are all my favorites besides Endgame. Horrible series finale.

and ink, the DS9 episode you were thinking of is Trials and Tribbolations (sp?).
Old 04-16-2009, 10:38 PM
Friend of Narnia

sorry to double post, but check out these clips:
http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809752801/trailer (this is what makes me excited; much Bones love!)

Last edited by inkspot; 04-17-2009 at 05:51 PM. Reason: link to non-family friendly clipe deleted
Old 04-17-2009, 03:28 PM

General Oreius is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd quite forgotten the Kirk was from...Iowa, right?

I honestly can't wait for the movie. It looks really cool, and I'm pretty certain the music will be AWESOME because Michael Giacchino is the composer.

My favorite TV series would still have to be New Generation because that was the very first series I ever watched. The original series is next on the list.

Favorite characters would be: Bones, Scotty, Spock, Kirk, Picard, Worf (W00T!)....Geordi La Forge....lol.

My favorite episode is really my favorite movie, a.k.a. Star Trek II, but I like the episode where Khan first appears and the episode involving a neo-modern Roman empire where Kirk realizes at the end that the "followers of the Sun" are really the "followers of the SON," a.k.a. Christians. Yayyy!!!!

"We were expecting somebody (you know) a little taller."
"You're one to talk."

"What gives you the right [to be the only Batman]?"
"I'm not wearing hockey pants!"

Always remembered in my heart, I know he is dancing with his unborn children and the angels: My Dad.

"I leave my two swords in your back, draw my claymore, and fight to the death."
Old 04-17-2009, 05:01 PM
Friend of Narnia

Twilightdryadhobbit is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Oreius View Post

My favorite episode is really my favorite movie, a.k.a. Star Trek II, but I like the episode where Khan first appears and the episode involving a neo-modern Roman empire where Kirk realizes at the end that the "followers of the Sun" are really the "followers of the SON," a.k.a. Christians. Yayyy!!!!

I love that episode! "Bread and Circuses." It was so cute that Uhura pointed that out too. I always imagined her going to a really cool church back on earth and singing in the choir and stuff.

The Original Series was totally the best. Their episode titles were great, like "For the world is hollow and I have touched the sky." What TV show can get away with that long of a title nowadays? (By the way that episode was good, Bones was terminally ill and got married!) The characters all seemed to like each other and I felt some real connection to them, they seemed to actually be people rather than trying too hard to be "Sci-Fi people."

I think my favorite episode is "Journey to Babel." It's exciting and sweet. Spock's family comes to visit along with a lot of diplomats and Spock and his Dad are not on good terms and there are assassination attempts on board the ship. It does involve one of Kirk's silliest fight scenes and some of the worst makeup/costuming on the show but that totally does not take anything away from it. Great episode, it moved me more than any Next Generation episode, ever.

I like some of what I've seen of the new movie but if Kirk and Uhura...you know... I'm going to puke all over the movie theater. NOOOOOOO!!! Let SOMEONE be smart enough not to go for Kirk, please!

ARR! I be Twilight! Master Gunner aboard the good ship The Black Spot!
This be Twilight's
history and the Pirate's thread
Jesus is my ALL!