The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans > The Chronicles - The Books of Narnia > The Chronicles of Narnia

Notices

The Chronicles of Narnia The Narnia Novels, all things Narnia, related to the books

View Poll Results: Movies or books?
What movies? 3 2.33%
I'm all about the books - forget the movies 9 6.98%
I love the books, but haven't seen the movies yet 0 0%
I'm mostly about the books, but enjoy the movies 60 46.51%
I like both equally 35 27.13%
I'm mostly about the movies, but enjoy the books 19 14.73%
I love the movies, but haven't read the books yet 2 1.55%
I'm all about the movies - forget the books 1 0.78%
What books? 0 0%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-31-2009, 10:14 PM

wildflower is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm mostly about the books. I love the movies too, but there's a certain magic in the books that can never totally be captured on film.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:10 PM

SweetWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I like the movies in the same way I enjoy good fanfiction. They are someone else's interpretation of Narnia (and I may not fully agree with them), but they can be interesting and enjoyable in their own right.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:16 PM

Nessa is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm mostly about the books. I've seen LWW but not Prince Caspian yet. The movie was great in it's way, but the book will always be first for me.

Last edited by Nessa; 04-05-2009 at 02:50 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:28 PM
Beloved Disciple

inkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessa View Post
I'm mostly about the books. I've seen LWW but not Prince Caspian yet. Thhe movie was great in it's way, but the book will always be first for me.
Yah, I agree with you ... the books are awesome. When you see PC, be sure to let us know what you think of it.
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.... 2 Corinthians 5:17
Dame Jax, the Just O.L. -- Officially Elected Dancing Lawn Mum

________
Read my Story Dragonfly Link to my Dragonfly website! Jaxys Dragonfly
Old 04-01-2009, 06:47 PM

Jenn1 is an unknown quantity at this point
I read the books when I was a teen... and believe me, I'm the type of person that will go to a movie before a book usually, (I've never read LOTR, but loved the movies, the book, sadly still sitting on my self unread.)

Now, I've read all of the Narnia books, and I saw the BBC versions of the four books, which was happy about when I saw them. But of course, with LWW and PC out they are way better, but I was really nitpicking on PC when I very first saw it, but I'm not so bad about it (because I thought they kinda went off course). I only hope VDT won't be as bad as PC, and with Disney not helping Wedia but Fox, I don't really want to see hum, a POTC version of it with Caspian, Edmund, Lucy, Eustance, and Reepicheep.

But the books do let you go into the world, make you have you're own thoughts, unlike the movies, that's true. But also at the same time, C.S. Lewis in some parts of the books did leave different things unclear, at times, the movies can bring these points up. So, I guess anyone can take the good with the bad with both book and movie. But I'll still read the books no matter how many movies they make, or how many times I may watch them.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:21 PM
Banned

Truman is an unknown quantity at this point

They might have it out with the storm scene, with a lot of comedic moments from Eustace being all pouty. That'd be great.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:34 PM
Beloved Disciple

inkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn1
I don't really want to see hum, a POTC version of it with Caspian, Edmund, Lucy, Eustance, and Reepicheep.
I do -- I think a kind of PoTC flair would be great for VDT. I mean, not the same themes clearly, but the same style. Swashbuckling high seas adventure! With a sea serpent. Cool.
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.... 2 Corinthians 5:17
Dame Jax, the Just O.L. -- Officially Elected Dancing Lawn Mum

________
Read my Story Dragonfly Link to my Dragonfly website! Jaxys Dragonfly
Old 04-02-2009, 02:57 PM
Friend of Narnia

Mozart the Meerkitten is just really niceMozart the Meerkitten is just really niceMozart the Meerkitten is just really niceMozart the Meerkitten is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaspianGirl View Post
Which would NOT include myself! I never even heard of the series until I went to see LWW with my 5th grade class because it would be one of the books that we would be reading that year.
Mainly its the same for me too. I went to see the movie with my parents and fell in love with the magical land of Narnia.

I got addicted to it very quickly and though the books are better, I give credit to the movies for starting my Narnia obsesion.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:32 PM
Knight of Narnia

BarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to BarbarianKing Send a message via Yahoo to BarbarianKing

*pounds on desk* BOOKS! BOOKS! BOOKS!!

I makes me banners

Check out my THREAD about meeting Georgie and Will Poulter!
Read my short fanfic about Reepicheep's prophesy.

My graphics thread
My other writing thread.
My DeviantArt Gallery

I am free from the taint of neutrality.
-T. Roosevelt
Old 04-04-2009, 07:42 PM
Knight of the Stone Table

PrinceOfTheWest is a jewel in the roughPrinceOfTheWest is a jewel in the roughPrinceOfTheWest is a jewel in the roughPrinceOfTheWest is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to PrinceOfTheWest Send a message via MSN to PrinceOfTheWest

Gee, BK, you've got to stop repressing yourself like that. Cut loose! Tell us what you really think!

Officially Elected Dancing Lawn Dad & Mage Verger
(Play courteously! Your father is watching!)