The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans > The Sea of Forgetfulness > Cair Paravel Library

Notices

Cair Paravel Library The Records of Old Threads

 
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-09-2009, 04:18 PM
Into the Wardrobe's Avatar
Into the Wardrobe Into the Wardrobe is offline
Friend and Surrogate Mom
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: At the oasis between Calormen and Archenland
Posts: 4,329
Into the Wardrobe is on a distinguished road
Default Searching for Cornelius figurine

Ok. You may ask why this isn't in the regular thread on merchandise? Well, this is a special search for a special person! Specter has aided in this search as well. So, if you can help....great!

We know the Cornelius figurines are rare and tough to find. But we would very much like to obtain one for a "special friend" of ours who wants one very much. I've seen the pic on Narnia web with a Caspian/Cornelius set...but this said individual who wants one said he saw one with Cornelius on the top of a tower with a sliding telescope. He wants that particular one.

We know who makes them and such, but they have a limited number made and they're all in circulation as far as we know. So, if you know anything or can help in this search...or if you have one in good condition and would be willing to part with it...it would be much appreciated!

Thanks again! Any help you can give would be awesome!
  #2  
Old 01-09-2009, 05:55 PM
Lucy Fan's Avatar
Lucy Fan Lucy Fan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rhode Island--USA
Posts: 811
Lucy Fan will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Into the Wardrobe View Post
Ok. You may ask why this isn't in the regular thread on merchandise? Well, this is a special search for a special person! Specter has aided in this search as well. So, if you can help....great!

We know the Cornelius figurines are rare and tough to find. But we would very much like to obtain one for a "special friend" of ours who wants one very much. I've seen the pic on Narnia web with a Caspian/Cornelius set...but this said individual who wants one said he saw one with Cornelius on the top of a tower with a sliding telescope. He wants that particular one.

We know who makes them and such, but they have a limited number made and they're all in circulation as far as we know. So, if you know anything or can help in this search...or if you have one in good condition and would be willing to part with it...it would be much appreciated!

Thanks again! Any help you can give would be awesome!
I didn't know they made a Cornelius figure. Good luck in getting one.
__________________
Signature By: Gondorgirl
  #3  
Old 01-12-2009, 12:44 PM
Into the Wardrobe's Avatar
Into the Wardrobe Into the Wardrobe is offline
Friend and Surrogate Mom
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: At the oasis between Calormen and Archenland
Posts: 4,329
Into the Wardrobe is on a distinguished road
Default

They did make them, but apparently because of the economy and the PC box office, they stopped production and never made as many as they'd originally planned on making. So, they're a bit harder to find.

If anyone has any info, leads, or Cornelius figurines by all means, let me know! Thanks!
  #4  
Old 01-13-2009, 03:15 AM
BarbarianKing's Avatar
BarbarianKing BarbarianKing is offline
Knight of Narnia
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Scarlet Fear Scallywags!!!!
Posts: 7,268
BarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to BarbarianKing Send a message via Yahoo to BarbarianKing
Default

I didn't know there was a Dr. Cornelious figurine. I hope to find two, one to give to you, Julie, and one for me. The search is on!!!!!!!!

EDIT: I saw these. There one picture of the castle and there is a Cornelius on the tower. I don't know if that is the right thing.

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/TF2008/...ia/default.asp
__________________





I makes me banners

Check out my THREAD about meeting Georgie and Will Poulter!
Read my short fanfic about Reepicheep's prophesy.

My graphics thread
My other writing thread.
My DeviantArt Gallery

I am free from the taint of neutrality.
-T. Roosevelt

Last edited by BarbarianKing; 01-13-2009 at 03:37 AM.
  #5  
Old 01-16-2009, 01:26 PM
Into the Wardrobe's Avatar
Into the Wardrobe Into the Wardrobe is offline
Friend and Surrogate Mom
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: At the oasis between Calormen and Archenland
Posts: 4,329
Into the Wardrobe is on a distinguished road
Default

Thanks bro. Lord willing I'll find one yet! The hunt is rather fun.
  #6  
Old 01-17-2009, 07:48 PM
Lucy Fan's Avatar
Lucy Fan Lucy Fan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rhode Island--USA
Posts: 811
Lucy Fan will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbarianKing View Post
I didn't know there was a Dr. Cornelious figurine. I hope to find two, one to give to you, Julie, and one for me. The search is on!!!!!!!!

EDIT: I saw these. There one picture of the castle and there is a Cornelius on the tower. I don't know if that is the right thing.

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/TF2008/...ia/default.asp

Wow. Look at all those PC toys set up in one spot. That looks awesome.
__________________
Signature By: Gondorgirl
  #7  
Old 01-20-2009, 12:26 PM
Into the Wardrobe's Avatar
Into the Wardrobe Into the Wardrobe is offline
Friend and Surrogate Mom
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: At the oasis between Calormen and Archenland
Posts: 4,329
Into the Wardrobe is on a distinguished road
Default

It does look good. I just wish I knew if they came with the castle in the set or if they were toys that came in seperate packages and were just placed on the castle. If anyone knows, by all means let me know please. Thanks!
  #8  
Old 05-04-2009, 12:43 PM
Into the Wardrobe's Avatar
Into the Wardrobe Into the Wardrobe is offline
Friend and Surrogate Mom
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: At the oasis between Calormen and Archenland
Posts: 4,329
Into the Wardrobe is on a distinguished road
Default

I found the figurine I needed and it will be sent to the appropriate person. Thanks for the help.
  #9  
Old 05-04-2009, 09:01 PM
BarbarianKing's Avatar
BarbarianKing BarbarianKing is offline
Knight of Narnia
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Scarlet Fear Scallywags!!!!
Posts: 7,268
BarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to BarbarianKing Send a message via Yahoo to BarbarianKing
Default

That's great! Can you tell us where and how did you find it? and how much it was?
__________________





I makes me banners

Check out my THREAD about meeting Georgie and Will Poulter!
Read my short fanfic about Reepicheep's prophesy.

My graphics thread
My other writing thread.
My DeviantArt Gallery

I am free from the taint of neutrality.
-T. Roosevelt
  #10  
Old 05-06-2009, 02:50 PM
Into the Wardrobe's Avatar
Into the Wardrobe Into the Wardrobe is offline
Friend and Surrogate Mom
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: At the oasis between Calormen and Archenland
Posts: 4,329
Into the Wardrobe is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbarianKing View Post
That's great! Can you tell us where and how did you find it? and how much it was?
I found one through a person on another site. Considering who it was that I was searching on behalf of, the individual sent it to me for free and I passed it on to the person who wanted it.

There were only 200 of them made so you'll have to really look and ask around to find one if you want one. I wish I could help ya more there BK. If you really want, ask Spector about it ASAP and he might be able to help you.
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.