The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans > The Chronicles of Narnia - The Films and Games > Voyage of the Dawn Treader

Notices

Voyage of the Dawn Treader Walden Media and Fox's third Narnia film, released on December 10, 2010

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 05:32 PM
Beloved Disciple

inkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really nice

And Keyser Soze!
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.... 2 Corinthians 5:17
Dame Jax, the Just O.L. -- Officially Elected Dancing Lawn Mum

________
Read my Story Dragonfly Link to my Dragonfly website! Jaxys Dragonfly
Old 07-03-2008, 05:37 PM
Tweedledum

waterhogboy is on a distinguished road

I think what's actually going to happen is Caspian falls for the female crew member on the Dawn Treader (what with it being a politically correct ship and all), causing a terrible decision when he claps his peepers on the old girl of Ramandu's. This poor girl goes off in despair and anger, learns magic, and becomes the green lady ready for SC. What do you think!?!?

I am Sir Sanity's Bane
Old 07-03-2008, 05:48 PM
Beloved Disciple

inkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhogboy View Post
I think what's actually going to happen is Caspian falls for the female crew member on the Dawn Treader (what with it being a politically correct ship and all), causing a terrible decision when he claps his peepers on the old girl of Ramandu's. This poor girl goes off in despair and anger, learns magic, and becomes the green lady ready for SC. What do you think!?!?
It's beautiful, Jonny! It connects the stories and shows how the evil Narnian imperialist Caspian brings his own destruction about because it is his jilted love (as a serpent) who then kills his wife and kidnaps his son!
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.... 2 Corinthians 5:17

________
Old 07-03-2008, 05:52 PM
Tweedledum

waterhogboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkspot View Post
It's beautiful, Jonny! It connects the stories and shows how the evil Narnian imperialist Caspian brings his own destruction about because it is his jilted love (as a serpent) who then kills his wife and kidnaps his son!
Shall I apply to be scriptwriter??

I am Sir Sanity's Bane
Old 07-03-2008, 06:11 PM
Friend of Narnia

Copperfox is a name known to allCopperfox is a name known to allCopperfox is a name known to allCopperfox is a name known to allCopperfox is a name known to allCopperfox is a name known to all

Yes, that would be just like the way "everyone knows" (with no basis in fact) that America really created its own terrorist enemies just to make the oil companies richer (never mind that NONE of the world's ten biggest oil companies even IS American-owned).
Old 07-03-2008, 06:22 PM
Beloved Disciple

Exactly! It could be an object lesson. Yes, WHB, you should try to get on the scriptwriting team.

Also, if you could work in a dwarf slavery angle, that would provide another soap box ...

________
Old 07-03-2008, 10:27 PM
Knight of Narnia

BarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to BarbarianKing Send a message via Yahoo to BarbarianKing

I just love it! I almost choke with laughter. Narnia fans are awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Pevensie View Post
Well speaking of the susan/caspian romance...I thought they did a bad job with it, but I liked the idea od it cuz that really is the one element the Narnia series is missing! If they are going to add another silly romance into VotDT, they should bring a beautiful Telmarine girl on the ship that has a romance with Edmund! I think that would be a funny coincidence since he seemed to be so grossed out by the kiss at the end of PC!!!
Or the girl who "squints and has freckles" because now it is obvious that Caspian likes them like that (Susan anyone?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperfox View Post
Here's a silly suggestion; only, in today's atmosphere of suffocating political correctness, I'm afraid they'll take it seriously and ACTUALLY do it. The suggestion is that, as the Dawn Treader nears the frontiers of Aslan's Country, they find that another ship has gotten there ahead of them. This ship, superior in design to the Dawn Treader in every way, will be revealed to have been built by women, and all the sailors on it will be women. In keeping with political correctness, the very weakest woman on this Amazonian ship will be five times as strong as the strongest man on the Dawn Treader, and the stupidest woman will be twenty times as smart as the smartest man. Yet at the SAME time, they'll all complain that they have somehow been poor helpless victims of male oppression!

These unbeatable super-women will proceed to overpower and capture Caspian and his crew easily, in order to enslave and humiliate them...but they'll be reckoning without Queen Lucy. As a female also, Lucy will be the ONLY Dawn Treader occupant allowed by the writers to have any power to fight back; and she, with "Crouching Tiger" techniques, will single-handedly kung-fu the tar out of all the attackers.
AWESOME! Go Lucy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhogboy View Post
Shall I apply to be scriptwriter??
What are you waiting for?

I makes me banners

Check out my THREAD about meeting Georgie and Will Poulter!
Read my short fanfic about Reepicheep's prophesy.

My graphics thread
My other writing thread.
My DeviantArt Gallery

I am free from the taint of neutrality.
-T. Roosevelt
Old 07-04-2008, 11:56 PM
Friend of Narnia

MrBob has a spectacular aura aboutMrBob has a spectacular aura about

After his adventure, Eustace discovers he has a nasty side-effect. Whewnever he belches, fire comes out. At first it is a nuisance, but then Caspian realizes that with a few well-timed burps, they can have well-cooked meals in no time at all.

Lucy reads from the Magician's Book the story realizing that it is actually LWW.

MrBob
Old 07-05-2008, 12:55 AM
Friend of Narnia

Sven-El has a spectacular aura aboutSven-El has a spectacular aura aboutSven-El has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBob View Post
After his adventure, Eustace discovers he has a nasty side-effect. Whewnever he belches, fire comes out. At first it is a nuisance, but then Caspian realizes that with a few well-timed burps, they can have well-cooked meals in no time at all.
And from there they have a long and profitable career touring circuses in Narnia as part of UNCLE CASPIAN'S CARNIVAL OF ODDITIES which includes, not only Eustace, but Lucy who can heal all wounds with her cordial, Edmund who can down eightie pails of Turkish Delight, Reepicheep the talking mouse, a dufflepod, Trumpkin, a Marshwiggle, oh and brougth from the far reaches of the world, the enchanting and exotic beauty, Ramandu's Daughter. And let's not forget Barky the Dog Faced Boy and Lydia the Tatooed Lady.

Then Uncle Caspian's Carinval of Oddities is bought by an Oxford Don named CS LEwis, who is part owner of the Lewis and Tolkien Circus and brought back to our world. From there the LEwis and Tolkien circus travels around and continues to grow adding more and more acts, including the Flying Graysons. Then the circus ends up in this city called "Gotham."

"In your world I am known by Another name. By knowing Me a little better here, you may know Me better in your world."
-AslanThe Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Old 07-05-2008, 09:53 AM

ndfan1993 is on a distinguished road

LOL! These are so funny! Sadly, I cannot really think of any right now...:P.

Closed Thread