The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans > The Chronicles of Narnia - The Films and Games > Voyage of the Dawn Treader

Notices

Voyage of the Dawn Treader Walden Media and Fox's third Narnia film, released on December 10, 2010

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 02:45 AM
Knight of Narnia

BarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to BarbarianKing Send a message via Yahoo to BarbarianKing
Default Give the moviemakers silly ideas!!!

We all know how far the movie Prince Caspian was from the book. In other threads I have seen (and given) some ideas as to how they could make VODT differ from the book.
Hey, if they're going to make silly changes, why not get the ideas from us the fans?

So I will start by quoting the ideas I gave in other threads:

Regarding Trumpkin on board the Dawn Treader:

1)
If he (Trumpkin) ends up on the boat (DT), I bet the Dufflepods will make him their leader. I bet he will probably end up raiding Coriakin's home, stealing the book of spells, and reading the spell to bring him "beauty beyond the lot of mortals".

The romance between Caspian and Ramandu's Daughter:

2)
Lucy to Caspian as he is hitting on Stargirl: "What about Susan?"
Caspian: "Susan who?"
Lucy: "What do you mean Susan who?"
Edmund: "Yeah, man what's the meaning of this? Did you forget already? You kissed her and hugged her and all."
Stargirl glares at Caspian with her hands on her waist. Caspian looks confused, his eyes dart from Edmund and Lucy to Stargirl and back.
Caspian: "I I don't know what you guys are talking about."
Edmund: "Come on dude, you know."
Caspian: "Wait.. what? Do I know you guys?. Who are you? How did you end up here?
Caspian turns to Stargirl: "Little kids have a lot of imagination, don't they?"

3)
Or they may turn it into a musical, with both running and dancing around the ship as in a cat-an-mouse game with Caspian beginning: "I can show you the world, shinning, shimmering, splendid....."

I bet you all have better ideas.

I makes me banners

Check out my THREAD about meeting Georgie and Will Poulter!
Read my short fanfic about Reepicheep's prophesy.

My graphics thread
My other writing thread.
My DeviantArt Gallery

I am free from the taint of neutrality.
-T. Roosevelt
Old 07-03-2008, 01:19 PM
Beloved Disciple

inkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really nice

Why not give Trumpkin wings? That way he can come on the voyage and also fly home in the afternoons to rule Narnia in Caspian's place. And they could make Caspian feel really jealous that Trumpkin has wings, so he can do a lot of crazy stuff to try to prove himself better than Trumpkin -- like leading the entire crew to march into that alchemy stream on Death Water island. When Drinian is turned into gold and Reep's tail snaps off from the weigh of being gold, we can have a poignant scene when Caspian realizes what a terrible mistake he has made, and that it is too late to save his trusty crewman. He will look really sad and broken-hearted, and people will love it.
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.... 2 Corinthians 5:17
Dame Jax, the Just O.L. -- Officially Elected Dancing Lawn Mum

________
Read my Story Dragonfly Link to my Dragonfly website! Jaxys Dragonfly
Old 07-03-2008, 01:30 PM
Friend of Narnia

Mrs. Pevensie is on a distinguished road

Well speaking of the susan/caspian romance...I thought they did a bad job with it, but I liked the idea od it cuz that really is the one element the Narnia series is missing! If they are going to add another silly romance into VotDT, they should bring a beautiful Telmarine girl on the ship that has a romance with Edmund! I think that would be a funny coincidence since he seemed to be so grossed out by the kiss at the end of PC!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkissed View Post
T D L

my anti-drug
Skandarnites Anthem Video on YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0s7b1xq7DM
*explicit lyrics, viewer discretion is advised*
Old 07-03-2008, 01:40 PM
Friend of Narnia

Copperfox is a name known to allCopperfox is a name known to allCopperfox is a name known to allCopperfox is a name known to allCopperfox is a name known to allCopperfox is a name known to all

Here's a silly suggestion; only, in today's atmosphere of suffocating political correctness, I'm afraid they'll take it seriously and ACTUALLY do it. The suggestion is that, as the Dawn Treader nears the frontiers of Aslan's Country, they find that another ship has gotten there ahead of them. This ship, superior in design to the Dawn Treader in every way, will be revealed to have been built by women, and all the sailors on it will be women. In keeping with political correctness, the very weakest woman on this Amazonian ship will be five times as strong as the strongest man on the Dawn Treader, and the stupidest woman will be twenty times as smart as the smartest man. Yet at the SAME time, they'll all complain that they have somehow been poor helpless victims of male oppression!

These unbeatable super-women will proceed to overpower and capture Caspian and his crew easily, in order to enslave and humiliate them...but they'll be reckoning without Queen Lucy. As a female also, Lucy will be the ONLY Dawn Treader occupant allowed by the writers to have any power to fight back; and she, with "Crouching Tiger" techniques, will single-handedly kung-fu the tar out of all the attackers.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:53 PM
Friend of Narnia

Mrs. Pevensie is on a distinguished road

Hahahahaha, that is amazing Copperfox, I would love to see that!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkissed View Post
T D L

my anti-drug
Skandarnites Anthem Video on YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0s7b1xq7DM
*explicit lyrics, viewer discretion is advised*
Old 07-03-2008, 02:02 PM
Friend of Narnia

~Lava~ will become famous soon enough~Lava~ will become famous soon enough

I wouldn't. I hope none of the film makers read this site.

Celebrate International TDL Day with me on December 6th. Wear Green and bake Cookies

Old 07-03-2008, 02:48 PM

Location: in a beautiful white castle on top of a bonny green hill overlooking a loch in Ireland ;)
DaughterofRamandu is an unknown quantity at this point

Instead of making it a boring adventure movie set in the oceans of Narnia, have it be a romantic comedy, with King Edmund in the leading male role, and DoR in the leading female role.

Copperfox: I am positive that that idea would be highly appealing to Disney. But I think it's absolutely disgusting.

Click Here!^^^
you can call me Kelly.
Old 07-03-2008, 03:02 PM
Friend of Narnia

Copperfox is a name known to allCopperfox is a name known to allCopperfox is a name known to allCopperfox is a name known to allCopperfox is a name known to allCopperfox is a name known to all

Thank you, D-O-R. It's always heartening to be reminded that not everyone has capitulated to p.c. male-bashing.
Old 07-03-2008, 05:05 PM
Friend of Narnia

Sven-El has a spectacular aura aboutSven-El has a spectacular aura aboutSven-El has a spectacular aura about

Well, here's one....Right in the middle of the film for no reason whatsoever there is a still of Reepicheep in a cowboy hat in front of a microphone.
Narrator ( AKA Douglas Gresham): And now it's time for silly songs with Reepicheep, the part of the show where Reepicheep comes out and sings a silly song. So, without further ado, silly songs with Reepicheep.

( Reepicheep comes out, wearing the afformentioned hat.)
Reepicheep: The Water Buffalo Song

Everybody's got a water buffalo.
Yours is fast, but mine is slow.
Oh, where do we get them, I don't know,
But everybody's got a water buffalooooooooooooooo!

I took my buffalo to the store.
Got his head caught in the door.
Spilled some lima beans on the floor.
Oh, everybody's got a --

Eustace: Stop! Stop this instant! You can't say everybody's got a water buffalo when everyone does *not* have a water buffalo! We're going to get nasty letters in the mail saying, "Where's my water buffalo? Why don't I have a water buffalo?" and are you prepared to deal with that? I don't think so! Just stop being so silly!

Reepicheep: You have no imagination whatsoever

Narrator ( again, Douglas Gresham): This has been silly songs with Reepicheep. Tune in next time to hear Reepicheep sing ...

Reepicheep: Everybody's got a baby kangaroo.
Yours is pink but mine is blue.
Hers was small but --

Eustace: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
( comes running out and swings him by his tail.)

"In your world I am known by Another name. By knowing Me a little better here, you may know Me better in your world."
-AslanThe Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Old 07-03-2008, 05:11 PM
Friend of Narnia

Sven-El has a spectacular aura aboutSven-El has a spectacular aura aboutSven-El has a spectacular aura about

Oh and here's a nother one... in the island of Nightmares Edmund dreams he is at Hogwarts. Nuff said.

Then Lucy dreams she sees a Hobbit Hole. The door in the hole opens and out comes Jams McCavoy as Bilbo Baggins.
Lucy cries out: Mr. Tumnus
James as Bilbo: Exuce me, but who is Mr. Tumnus .My name is Bilbo Baggins of the Shire.

It'll be perfect... that way there can be shameless crossovers between Narnia, Hobbit and Harry Potter!

Or Lucy dreams that she isn't played by Georgie Henley, but by Dakota Fanning! ( no wait that belongs in the what's the worst that could happen area.)

Drinian revleas that at one point he was the Dread Pirate Roberts.

"In your world I am known by Another name. By knowing Me a little better here, you may know Me better in your world."
-AslanThe Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Closed Thread