The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans > The Eagle and Child > Other Fantasy Worlds

Notices

Other Fantasy Worlds Harry Potter, The NeverEnding Story and Beyond

View Poll Results: Which is your favorite?
Episode IV: A New Hope 18 21.18%
Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back 23 27.06%
Episode VI: Return of the Jedi 21 24.71%
Episode I: The Phantom Menace 4 4.71%
Episode II: Attack of the Clones 5 5.88%
Episode III: Revenge of the Sith 11 12.94%
Clone Wars Animated 3 3.53%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-20-2006, 11:10 AM

slideyfoot is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Besides, I think Star Wars fans would murder him with how coldly the newest three movies were accepted. (How they were accepted in spirit, not box office count).
I definitely agree.

I irked me greatly to hear Christensen had been inserted into the original films on the more recent DVD boxed set re-release of 4, 5 and 6. I would much rather forget he had anything to do with the Star Wars franchise, as he is easily the worst actor across any of the films - Mark Hamill wasn't exactly stunning, but his occasional slips pale in comparison to the stunted wooden performance that Christensen seemed to think was 'acting' (though he certainly wasn't helped by the lacklustre script).

Yet perhaps even worse was that the dialogue in Revenge of the Sith was so bad that towards its close, it successfully made one of the greatest voices in cinema, James Earl Jones, sound amateur and melodramatic.
Old 01-20-2006, 12:41 PM
Friend of Narnia

Mrs Gil-Galad Took is a jewel in the roughMrs Gil-Galad Took is a jewel in the roughMrs Gil-Galad Took is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Mrs Gil-Galad Took Send a message via Yahoo to Mrs Gil-Galad Took

I don't agree with you in all of this Slideyfoot, because it was not only Hayden who played less in ROTS, but also Ewan macGregor could do far better. But that is a matter of opinion. I think the whole trilogy was not what everybody expected. And they changed the end of ROTJ and put Hayden in it because he played Anakin and Anakin should get his looks back as he was before he was burned. I don't really bother myself at that part. It was only a small change and too less important to make myself angry about it.
Old 01-20-2006, 01:27 PM

Kitanna is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Kitanna

See the thing is Hayden Christensen has the personality of a cardboard box in the movies. He brings no real emotion to the part.

And about him being added in Return of the Jedi it's not a HUGE deal for me. I'm not really pleased with him there, but at the same time I can see why it's been added. Anikan was not as old as the original actor in ROTJ was. He was still young when he became Darth Vader and the first actor looked to be the same age as Obi-Wan when he died. So, while I like the original ending better, I don't put up much of a fight with the new one because I see that it makes more sense to have Anikan as he looked when he became Lord Vader. What really gets me is that I hate Hayden Christensen, I'd mind a lot less if some other actor had been Anikan.
Old 01-20-2006, 01:44 PM

slideyfoot is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter lover
I don't really bother myself at that part. It was only a small change and too less important to make myself angry about it.
Clearly you need to work on developing a pettier nature and higher degree of pedantry in your outlook.
Old 01-20-2006, 03:47 PM
Friend of Narnia

Mrs Gil-Galad Took is a jewel in the roughMrs Gil-Galad Took is a jewel in the roughMrs Gil-Galad Took is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Mrs Gil-Galad Took Send a message via Yahoo to Mrs Gil-Galad Took

Quote:
Originally Posted by slideyfoot
Clearly you need to work on developing a pettier nature and higher degree of pedantry in your outlook.
Hahahahahahahahaha!!! That is a very good one!

Last edited by Mrs Gil-Galad Took; 01-20-2006 at 04:08 PM.
Old 01-25-2006, 06:32 PM

LoveAngelJRP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Star Wars

I like all 6 episodes.....I haven't gotten to watch all 6 DVDs in a row yet.....

I also have lots of the STAR WARS book series.....
Old 01-25-2006, 07:25 PM
Friend of Narnia

I know someone who has a complete list of all the books. He only doesn't have them all. But he has a lot to read.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:35 PM

ChildOfAslan7 is an unknown quantity at this point

well, i see many people have their opinions about Hayden's acting, I do too, and I agree with you guys. However, it occurred to me that since we don't know how they express their emotions in that galaxy and at that time, we can't really judge whether it was the actor's fault/lack of talent or simply that they behave differently than we do.
i know, that's a dumb excuse/reason, but oh well, it just popped into my mind one day. i really don't know why i'm defending Hayden, but i just had to let that out.

laters,
CHILDOFASLAN
Old 01-26-2006, 09:47 AM

Loony is an unknown quantity at this point

I love every single Star Wars!
I think each one is brilliant in their own way.
I hate when people who claim to be fans, offend the prequels or Hayden Christensen for not playing Anakin well enough for them. To be honest I just wanna say to them, well George Lucas thought he was good and he invented the entire thing! If you were a real fan you'd understand that! I mean, how can YOU say how ANakin should be played? Only George Lucas can do that!
I also hate people comparing classics to newer ones, I mean, you CAN'T compare classics to new ones! It's completely different!
I love 'em all
Obi-Wan, Yoda, Anakin, Luke, Han, Leia, THEY ALL KICK ASS!

~Manda
Old 01-26-2006, 04:16 PM

Knight of Narnia will become famous soon enough

Yeah it's intersting to note that Geroge Lucas didn't write the screenplays (including dialogue) for Eps. V and VI. He said himself that he couldn't write dialogue (which shows in the prequels btw). It's true that the prequels were flawed and occasionally annoying, but there are some real gems in there that people tend to pass over.

I actaully like Ep. I a lot, Qui-Gon Jin is my favorite charachter in the whole series. Darth Maul was a great villian, he was quiet, dark, mysterious, and a very effecient warrior. Unfortunately most people overlook these characthers when thinking of Ep. I simply because Jar Jar was such an overly obnoxious charachter.

Same goes for Ep. II, the chase over Coruscant was spectacular, the Battle of Geonosis was done extremely well, and the plot elements from the movie are very important. I like the way that Lucas slowly revealed what was happening throughout the movie, without giving away too much.

So anyway that's my two cents worth.

Sorry if I get carried away, I'm a big Star Wars fan.