The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans > The Eagle and Child > Other Fantasy Worlds

Notices

Other Fantasy Worlds Harry Potter, The NeverEnding Story and Beyond

View Poll Results: Which is your favorite?
Episode IV: A New Hope 18 21.18%
Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back 23 27.06%
Episode VI: Return of the Jedi 21 24.71%
Episode I: The Phantom Menace 4 4.71%
Episode II: Attack of the Clones 5 5.88%
Episode III: Revenge of the Sith 11 12.94%
Clone Wars Animated 3 3.53%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-28-2005, 05:16 PM
high_kingpeter

Default Star Wars -- ONE thread for all Star Wars - ALL Star Wars here

Ok, who here loves Star Wars. And no, just because you saw Revenge of the Sith because Hayden Christensen was hot doesn't mean you love Star Wars.

I have loved these movies just about the same time I started loving CoN, and I was wondering who else here does?
Old 12-28-2005, 05:52 PM
The Scholar, O.L.

Charn_Tim will become famous soon enough

yeah, you can count me in on that. I have seen the old version of star wars (episodes 4-6) about 10 times each (including two marathons where I have watched them back-to-back-to-back). The new ones are pretty good (especially episode III IMO), but not quite as good as the original. Anyone else agree?

Officially Elected TDL Brother

"The weight of my neighbor's glory should be laid on my back, a load so heavy that only humility can carry it, and the backs of the proud will be broken." --CS Lewis, "The Weight of Glory"

Please watch and read my video interview with Georgie and Will!
Old 12-28-2005, 08:23 PM
high_kingpeter

The originals are the best! Agree with you completely Charn_Tim. Episode two pissed me off, it was most definately the worst out of the whole saga.
Old 12-28-2005, 10:58 PM

PunkMaister is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to PunkMaister Send a message via MSN to PunkMaister Send a message via Yahoo to PunkMaister
Thumbs up Fellow SW fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by high_kingpeter
Ok, who here loves Star Wars. And no, just because you saw Revenge of the Sith because Hayden Christensen was hot doesn't mean you love Star Wars.

I have loved these movies just about the same time I started loving CoN, and I was wondering who else here does?
Same here I've been a fan of SW since the first SW film came out.

SciFiVerse
Chronicles of Narrnia: Fragments of a darkened mirror, plz read & review
"Impossible is a word I stopped using the moment I stepped thru the Stargate" Col. Samantha Carter
Old 12-29-2005, 12:14 AM

Location: Vzla(In south america...)*Wishing to be with Will!>_<*
audrey_13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to audrey_13 Send a message via Yahoo to audrey_13

I love star wars too, I think all of the six movies rock!, of course u shouldn't like the movie just because hayden christensen is a hottie. I think each movie rocks because they have their special thing.. i don't know... anyway STAR WARS ROCK_!
Old 01-16-2006, 01:22 AM

Kitanna is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Kitanna

I have always loved Star Wars, I have been watching it for longer than I can remember. I loved it long before Narnia or LOTR. Even though it can be pretty cheesy at times it's still so great. I don't care if George Lucas isn't satisfied with the orignal three they are timeless. The new ones are good, but can't compare to those older ones.
And my friend, knowing my love of Star Wars, was kind enough to get me the Attack of the Clones script autographed by the various cast members. Which was one of the best gifts I got this year.
Old 01-16-2006, 01:32 AM
Friend of Narnia

lions mane is an unknown quantity at this point

u know i'm not that old but i do love the saga. but honestly i didn't see them til my freshmen year in high school. And i've been a fan of T.C.o.N. since i 1st read t.m.n. in 3rd grade. i must admit that Jedi is the best but sith is definitly a close 2nd. and i think that when T.C.o.N. is done that it will most likely be better then star wars. and may the force be with u all.
Old 01-16-2006, 01:39 AM
Harley Quinn *growls*

tgraveline has much to be proud oftgraveline has much to be proud oftgraveline has much to be proud oftgraveline has much to be proud oftgraveline has much to be proud oftgraveline has much to be proud oftgraveline has much to be proud oftgraveline has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to tgraveline Send a message via MSN to tgraveline Send a message via Yahoo to tgraveline

I'm an empire strikes back fan. So thats should explain that i grew up in the 80s and have loved the movies ever since. The main thing i'm looking forward to now is the live-action tv show. That has so much potential, I simply cannot wait for it.

tg

"They Greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist." - Verbal Kint (From the Usual Suspects)

Hey, follow me on twitter @tsgraveline http://twitter.com/tsgraveline

Blog: tsgraveline.blogspot.com All about my awesome writing
Old 01-16-2006, 09:47 AM
Friend of Narnia

Mrs Gil-Galad Took is a jewel in the roughMrs Gil-Galad Took is a jewel in the roughMrs Gil-Galad Took is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Mrs Gil-Galad Took Send a message via Yahoo to Mrs Gil-Galad Took

My brother was a huge Star Wars fan back in the late 70's early 80's. And when he saw ROTJ, his Star Wars mania was grewing and grewing. We have seen all episodes in that time and then I loved it. I loved the story, I loved Luke Skywalker (compare it with the William/Skandar hype now) and we collected the action figures for my brother. But years passed by and my love for SW was going away. I was extremely unhappy with TPM and thought it was more a children's movie. AOTC was also not my taste, but ROTS was cool. Of course Hayden was a hottie (he still is) but besides that, the way he turned to the dark side was sad. He killed all those innocent children and only because of his love for Padme. He thought he would do good but he was wrong. Looking back at it, I must admit that the first trilogy was the best. I am not a Star Wars lover, but the trilogy (old one) has now become very classical and I don't think it will change. The new trilogy was far less, but at least we can place a face and a name to Darth Vader.
Old 01-16-2006, 10:39 AM

slideyfoot is an unknown quantity at this point

Love the original Star Wars, even have some of those figurines from the time (though I wish I'd kept them in better condition; unfortunately, children tend to actually play with toys ). However, like many, I absolutely despised the new films, especially the first two (though the second at least has that funky little duel featuring Yoda). Revenge of the Sith was still deeply, deeply flawed, Hayden Christenssen continuing to produce some of the worst acting I've ever seen in a major film, but at least the effects were magnificent and there was plenty of action. Not a film I'd want to revisit, but displayed a slight improvement from the debacle of the first two 'prequels'.

I could post up a review, because as anyone who has read my posts over the past few days knows, I'm prone to long-windedness, but I'll see where this thread goes first...