The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans > The Lantern Waste > The Lamp-post

Notices

The Lamp-post It returns, the general topic forum, combining the general discussion threads from Tumnus, International and Wood between the worlds.

Old 08-16-2016, 05:35 PM
Devourer of Threads

Gondorgirl is a glorious beacon of lightGondorgirl is a glorious beacon of lightGondorgirl is a glorious beacon of lightGondorgirl is a glorious beacon of lightGondorgirl is a glorious beacon of light

I'm rereading LotR. And reading the Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. And some comic books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Cabbage View Post
About to start 'Gone Girl' by Gillian Flynn. Saw the film at the cinema, so as ever will be interesting to see how the book compares.
One of the lead actresses in that went to my alma mater and they were so excited about it when the movie came out.
Old 08-16-2016, 05:37 PM
Friend of Narnia

Miss Freckles has a spectacular aura aboutMiss Freckles has a spectacular aura aboutMiss Freckles has a spectacular aura about

I'm reading some of Corrie ten Boom's books.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
Old 08-16-2016, 09:57 PM
Friend of Narnia

Aravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really nice

The Atonement by Beverly Lewis. I'm still waiting on a book from another series of hers to arrive, and I've told myself to not buy any books (new, used, or otherwise) until I read all the unread ones on my virtual and physical bookshelves.

We'll see if I can keep this one this time.
Old 08-18-2016, 06:56 PM
Fresh Bread?

fernshirehobbit is a jewel in the roughfernshirehobbit is a jewel in the roughfernshirehobbit is a jewel in the roughfernshirehobbit is a jewel in the rough

I am currently reading book 3 of the "Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place" series. It is quite good.
Old 08-18-2016, 07:31 PM
Friend of Narnia

amdd97 has a spectacular aura aboutamdd97 has a spectacular aura aboutamdd97 has a spectacular aura about

Mere Christianity- CS Lewis

Signature by GG
Old 08-29-2016, 02:32 AM
Friend of Narnia

NarniaFan95 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sforzando77 View Post
I just finished a really cute book called "Fangirl", author was Rainbow Rowell. It was this really sweet and real coming of age story about a girl in her first year of college, trying to find her identity, deal with her twin sister finding her own identity, the whole being away from home for the first time thing. It really rang true for me, reminded me quite a bit of my younger self (like myself when I first joined here 8 years ago!).
I read that one a couple of years ago. The wait list for it at the library was like, twenty people long, lol!

I am currently reading "Leaving Time" by Jodi Picoult. She's one of my favorite authors, but I will admit, with many of her books, I can predict what's going to happen because I have read so many of them and they often follow the same general path, when it comes to the characters, at least...but I'm really impressed with this one. It keeps me guessing all the time and I was up until five in the morning reading it last night!

Like to read fanfic? Horror? Romance? A little of each? Check out my Wattpad.
https://www.wattpad.com/user/SupremeQueenSaxon

You will find me
In places where we've never been
For reasons we don't understand
Walking in the wind

Old 09-05-2016, 03:58 PM
Friend of Narnia

Aravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarniaFan95 View Post
She's one of my favorite authors, but I will admit, with many of her books, I can predict what's going to happen because I have read so many of them and they often follow the same general path...
Same for me with Beverly Lewis. I love her books, but after the 12th or 15th, they get kind of predictable with how they turn out. But I still buy her new books when they release!

I'm reading a book containing 5 novellas, by two different authors. Lone Star Romance or something. The first 2 books were by someone I didn't recognize and the books were not all that good. The other 3 are by Cathy Marie Hake, and are much better in terms of writing style. I'm only in book 1 of hers though.
Old 09-05-2016, 07:24 PM
Friend of Narnia

~Lava~ will become famous soon enough~Lava~ will become famous soon enough

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (British Edition)

Celebrate International TDL Day with me on December 6th. Wear Green and bake Cookies

Old 09-09-2016, 03:55 PM

Anna King is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm currently reading "Better" by Tim Chaddick. Amazing lifestyle read.
Old 09-09-2016, 03:57 PM

Anna King is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh! Also reading through "The Pilgrim's Regress" by Jack. Love that book.