The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans > The Lantern Waste > The Lamp-post

Notices

The Lamp-post It returns, the general topic forum, combining the general discussion threads from Tumnus, International and Wood between the worlds.

Old 07-28-2012, 04:59 PM
Knight of Narnia

BarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to BarbarianKing Send a message via Yahoo to BarbarianKing
Default Olympics

Well, I tried watching some of the Olympics but all they have right now is boring sports for like 2 minutes with a zillion of commercials in between. Seriously, I just sat for about 4 hours trying to find something exciting to watch but it's just not happening. I think I watched more of the winter Olympics two years ago than anything else. Probably because winter sports are generally more exciting since they are more dangerous. Plus, NBC completely botched it by not broadcasting or even streaming the opening ceremonies live in the US.

So, with all due respect to my Brit friends on this forum, I think I'll skip them this year. Actually, didn't watch them four years ago either so I don't think I'm missing anything.

Anyway, there's a Doctor Who marathon on BBC America right now so I'm switching to that for the rest of the day.

What about you? Are you going to watch?

I makes me banners

Check out my THREAD about meeting Georgie and Will Poulter!
Read my short fanfic about Reepicheep's prophesy.

My graphics thread
My other writing thread.
My DeviantArt Gallery

I am free from the taint of neutrality.
-T. Roosevelt
Old 07-28-2012, 05:27 PM
Friend of Narnia

ahyperdude has a spectacular aura aboutahyperdude has a spectacular aura aboutahyperdude has a spectacular aura about

Yes I am! I saw the ceremony last night and as my status stated on FB "To me, the Olympic ceremony wasn't as rehearsed or technical as in Beijing, but at the same time I really liked the relaxed feel to it, and I think they really captured 'London.' " I enjoyed it. It really made me want to visit London!

I'm sick, so I've been on the couch all day watching The Olympics. I haven't had problems with them playing too many commercials, but the bike race this morning wasn't the most exciting thing I've seen. The swimming was entertaining, and I'm loving the volleyball that's on now!

I'm enjoying the Olympics, always have, and I will continue to watch this year
Old 07-28-2012, 05:30 PM

SunshineRose has a spectacular aura aboutSunshineRose has a spectacular aura about

I watched some of the Opening Ceremony last night, mainly the lighting of the cauldron from the torch, and, prior to that, the Parade of Nations. The Parade of Nations is always neat, because I like to see all the different outfits and refresh on my world geography. The lighting of the cauldron always feels momentous.

I normally try to watch the gymnastics events at least. Those are always good shows.

-C.S. Lewis
Old 07-29-2012, 03:26 AM

Hermit of Archenland will become famous soon enough

I've been watching it online, mainly gynastics and tennis. I also caught some of the basketball last night. The BBC is showing just about everything online as well as on terrestrial and satellite tv.

I quite liked the opening ceremony but I think they started the history too late. They concentrated on recent social history but as someone whose parents were both Scottish (although I was born in England) I'd have liked more references to Britain's Celtic heritage, both Christian and Pagan
Old 07-29-2012, 07:55 PM

Lucy's maid will become famous soon enough

I have been watching them to. I liked the opening cereomonies. They were pretty sweet! I have also been mainling been watching all the swimming events. My mom says that Phelps is distracted. And i have to agree. Ryan lochet is as good as every one was saying. Got a gold medal already! I have also watched some Gymnastics to. I have been wanting to watch diveing but i have seen that it i

Old 07-30-2012, 04:04 PM
Beloved Disciple

inkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really nice

I haven't seen any of it ... we were traveling all day Saturday and busy all day Sunday, and I guess I just haven't made it a priority. I heard NBC was doing time-delay to put stuff people wanted to watch on (on tape) in prime-time? That seems like a good idea for anyone without Tivo or DVR, but with so much access online, it seems you would probably already know the winners.

My mum used to like to watch the Olympics on TV, and I was thinking about her, missing them this year ... When I lived at home we used to watch together and knew the names of the U.S. athletes in the sports we liked ... I think maybe she liked the winter Olympics best though.
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.... 2 Corinthians 5:17
Dame Jax, the Just O.L. -- Officially Elected Dancing Lawn Mum

________
Read my Story Dragonfly Link to my Dragonfly website! Jaxys Dragonfly
Old 07-30-2012, 04:55 PM
Friend of Narnia

ahyperdude has a spectacular aura aboutahyperdude has a spectacular aura aboutahyperdude has a spectacular aura about

I'm enjoying water polo right now! .. The gymnastics have also been awesome!
Old 07-30-2012, 06:44 PM

Hermit of Archenland will become famous soon enough

The gymnastics has been fantastic! Just seen the UK's mens team win bronze. It was originally silver but then Japan appealed their last competitor had been unfairly marked down. Disappointing but all national prejudice aside I have to say the decision was fair.

Looking forward to the women's team event tomorrow.

Last edited by Hermit of Archenland; 07-30-2012 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Grammar
Old 07-30-2012, 07:10 PM

tirian_son_of_erlian will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to tirian_son_of_erlian

It's fun to watch! I love watching swimming. Do you know how exhausting the butterfly stroke is??? Try to do and if you're out of shape you'll start drowning after about 8 strokes! I never mastered that in High School swimming! I was best at the breast stroke. But man the olympians are like machines flying across the water!

Gymnastics is great to watch too. What strength that requires!

And synchronized diving is pretty cool too!
Old 07-31-2012, 05:21 PM

SunshineRose has a spectacular aura aboutSunshineRose has a spectacular aura about

The swimming events I watched were great, and it is really amazing what strength and agility Olympic gymnasts have!

-C.S. Lewis