The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans > The Stone Table > The Socratic Club

The Socratic Club A club that Lewis founded at Oxford. A forum devoted to general philosophical and spiritual discussion

Old 07-22-2014, 01:45 AM

Honza will become famous soon enough
Default I just realised that Christ is real!

As I have mentioned several times here on this forum I have been struggling in the cold and dark to reach safety and God. This morning I realised that Christ is real and that everything is in fact alright. I feel so relieved.

I am happy again!

The Humility, The Pride and The Humiliation.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:16 AM

Captain Holly will become famous soon enoughCaptain Holly will become famous soon enough

ok

is there a story or something to your realization? either way congrats
Old 07-22-2014, 08:06 AM

There is a story but it is very long and todays realisation is the result of much going on in the past. I had been feeling that I was in terrible trouble (in the spirit world) but it seems to be clearing away. Fingers crossed.

Old 07-22-2014, 08:20 AM

The Tear Of The Lion is on a distinguished road

That's wonderful to read. I wish you all the best!
Old 07-22-2014, 11:32 AM
Friend of Narnia

Copperfox is a glorious beacon of lightCopperfox is a glorious beacon of lightCopperfox is a glorious beacon of lightCopperfox is a glorious beacon of lightCopperfox is a glorious beacon of light

Honza, I have prayed for you for a long time, and I want to believe that what you have now experienced is totally genuine. Therefore, what I am about to say IS NOT intended as anything like a criticism of you, or as doubting the genuineness of your new realization. Think of it as a clarification, which you might refer to when you speak to _others_ about the reality of the Lord Jesus.

We call Jesus the Great Physician, a highly appropriate metaphor. Any physician is interested in _preventing_ harm to people, but that is not _all_ he is doing. Much, even most of a doctor's work is called for because damage has _already_ been done to somebody, so it's too late for prevention.

As with physical disease or injury, so with the fallen state of humanity. The damage of sin has already _been_ done to us as a race; we already _are_ corrupted. This realization sails right over the heads of many non-Christians; consequently, they imagine that saying "Be good!" is all that is required for "spirituality." Then they make up their _definition_ of goodness as they go along -- as if a golfer were allowed to say that _anyplace_ his ball fell was a "hole," making every stroke a hole-in-one.

Tragically, many professed _Christians_ are so frantically anxious to be popular, that they decide to _agree_ with this incomplete view of the moral universe. They join in the secular-humanist chorus of "Let's just all be nice, and that's enough." Applying this to their Christology, they give in to the secular view that Jesus came _only_ to "teach." His true primary role on Earth, as a sacrifice to _redeem_ us, goes right out the window.

If you have now recognized the actual Biblical Jesus Christ, then you have recognized Him as the Lamb of God, Who paid the penalty we owed for our sins.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:33 PM
Beloved Disciple

inkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really nice

So happy for you Honza! I believe Jesus is real -- and is Christ, the Second Person of the Trinity, a Savior and Friend. I believe He is Love, and He loves you. So glad you are finding peace with Him!
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.... 2 Corinthians 5:17
Dame Jax, the Just O.L. -- Officially Elected Dancing Lawn Mum

________
Read my Story Dragonfly Link to my Dragonfly website! Jaxys Dragonfly
Old 07-22-2014, 10:53 PM
Friend of Narnia

Copperfox is a glorious beacon of lightCopperfox is a glorious beacon of lightCopperfox is a glorious beacon of lightCopperfox is a glorious beacon of lightCopperfox is a glorious beacon of light

The prophet Isaiah said to persons who _weren't_ following God's ways, "Why do you spend your money for that which is not bread, and your labor for that which does not satisfy?"

Or, as Mister Lewis expressed it, the difference between knowing Jesus and trying to improvise our own happiness is like the difference between going on a wonderful seaside vacation and playing in mud. Human beings try to _invent_ their own substitutes for spiritual joy when they don't know any better; but the longer you walk with Jesus, the more you will understand joy.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperfox View Post
Honza, I have prayed for you for a long time, and I want to believe that what you have now experienced is totally genuine.
That is wonderful of you Copperfox. Thankyou.

My experience of Christ is fleeting. But it is getting stronger. Hence yesterdays realisation.

Old 07-23-2014, 02:39 AM
Perelandrian

Benisse is just really niceBenisse is just really niceBenisse is just really niceBenisse is just really nice

Honza,
What a wonderful answer to prayer!
May Christ reveal Himself to you ever more day by day as you get to know him through prayer, the Bible, and through worship and using the gifts He has given you to bless others. I'm so happy for you! And I agree with you-- Jesus is real!
Attached Images

Xin Yesu... Xiang Yesu
Believe Jesus... Be like Jesus

Old 07-23-2014, 12:19 PM

CORIN THUNDERFIST II has a spectacular aura aboutCORIN THUNDERFIST II has a spectacular aura about

Congratulations, Honza! I hope you always retain this knowledge of the reality of Christ!

Many very good points in your clarification, Copperfox!