Narnia The Musical (A fanfic romance)

On a scale from 1-10, how do you like the story so far?

• 9-10 This is a really great fanfic story! I can't wait for the next chapter!

Votes: 20 60.6%
  • 7-8 It's pretty good, but could be better.

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • 5-6 It's alright. I've read better.

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • 3-4 It's nothing special.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1-2 It's a horrible story.

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters

Crunchine

Thanks for stopping by. please read my fanfic-Narnia: The Musical
you can read it here or on fanfiction.net
either way i just ask that you review it both here and on fanfiction.net
just click here for my writer's profile and click Narnia: The Musical
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/331679/

THANKS!!!

Haras Railfcm aka Crunchine :)

Last edited:
sorry for triple posting, but i thought maybe if i posted the 1st chapter, more people could read it.

so here is is
Narnia: The Musical

Chapter 1: Prelude

“I have one last task for you four before you can ascend your thrones, ” said Aslan, the Great Lion.

All four Pevensies looked at him in confusion. They all thought they would be crowned after the White Witch was defeated.

Finally, Lucy spoke up. “Whatever you ask us to do, we will gladly do it Aslan.”

The lion smiled. “Thank you young one.” He continued, “You all remember that I told you that after the battle against the White Witch, you would sit as Kings and Queens at Cair Paravel, and here we are in the castle, but I am afraid I bring bad news. There is one more great wrong we must right. Surprisingly, it does involve the White Witch. A messenger from the land of Arcadia has told me of their troubles.

“The Royal Family has five children. The middle child is the only girl, around Susan and Peter’s age. Two years ago, she was kidnapped. The White Witch learned of Arcadia shortly after, since it is a city that is very hard to find, and few know about it. She grew afraid of the Arcadians, and filled the secret opening to their city with ice, so they couldn’t come help Narnia fight her.”

“But why was she afraid of them?” Edmund interrupted.

“Because Arcadians have the power over water,” Aslan replied.

“Then why couldn’t they get through the ice in the opening?” asked Lucy.

Aslan laughed. “Arcadians can only control water as a liquid, and ice is frozen. There is only one Arcadian who has the power over water in both its liquid and frozen states; Princess Philyra Nerina Anaxandra Pagos Basilikos (A/N: It’s pronounced Phil-ee-ra, Ner-ee-na, Anaxandra is pronounced like Alexandra, except with an “n” instead of an “l”, Pa-gos, and Ba-sill-ee-kos), Arcadia’s first princess in over 200 years.

“Every Arcadian has the power over water, but only the Royal Princess has the power over ice. Jadis found this out, and used it to her advantage once she learned that the Princess was out of the way. For two years Arcadia has had the loss of both their beloved princess, and their access to the outside world, which they rarely used anyway. The ice is starting to melt, and there is room for one small person to get through, that’s how I met the messenger.

“The Arcadians need your help. They need their princess back. They believe that the Prince from a small city near Telmar took her. They need someone to bring her back to them and help them break the ice.”

The four Pevensies looked at one another and stepped forward.

Peter grinned, “When do we leave?”

(continued on next post)

Last edited:

General Oreius galloped up to Peter on his unicorn. “Your Majesty, we have spotted the entrance to the Castle. It is right at the start of the Telmar River, just as Aslan said.”

Peter thanked the centaur, and gave his siblings the update.

A while later, the four siblings and a small army were hidden a few feet away from the Castle entrance. After one last review of the possible rescue plan (A/N: Remember, they are not positive that the Princess it really there), Susan, Peter, Lucy, and Edmund walked up to the giant door and used the huge doorknocker.

“Welcome, welcome!” called the King, from his large oak throne. “And to what do I owe the pleasure of having the future monarchs of Narnia here?”

Peter stepped forward. “Your Majesty, we have reason to believe that your youngest son, Hunter, has kidnapped the Arcadian princess.”

The King laughed. He was dressed very regally, but his brown hair and short beard were a mess, and scraps of food were all over his hair and clothes. “You are mistaken. I have no sons, for you see, I am Hunter. My other brothers and father died tragically.” He said the last part with sarcasm. “Now I am King, and I shall soon have a Queen, when I marry my true love, my songbird.”

The Pevensies looked at King Hunter with confusion. His “songbird”? What did he mean by that?

“What’s this?” the King asked, “You must hear her sing.” With this last sentence, he clapped his hands and two servants pulled the curtain open that was behind the King. On his left side was a pile of red, gold, purple, and blue pillows, and above it, a hanging cage with a cloth over it. One of the servants handed King Hunter a rope, which he pulled, and when he did, the bottom of the cage swung down and a girl fell out onto the pillows.

The girl’s skin was covered in bruises, cuts, and welts. She was very skinny. Her long brown hair hung in greasy clumps around and in front of her face, so the siblings couldn’t see it. And she was dressed in dress with straps, which hung down to her feet at one time, but the bottom was torn-up up to just below her knees. There were two slits in the dress, one on each side, going up to halfway between her knees and waist.

It's like you're a leech
Sucking the life from me
It's like I can't breathe
Without you inside of me

The King pulled a chain that was attached to a collar around the girl’s neck, and she was half dragged, half stumbled to the throne where he held her firmly around the waist.

It's like I can't breathe
It's like I can't see anything
Nothing but you
It's like I can't think
Without you interrupting me
In my thoughts
In my dreams
You've taken over me
It's like I'm not me
It's like I'm not me

Susan called out. “Are you the Arcadian princess? If so, please tell us. We have come to bring you home.”

The King pulled the teen closer to him. “You will not deprive me of my songbird. I love her with all my heart! We are in love! You will not stand in the way of love! Come any closer and she dies!” At this he brought out a dagger and put it to the poor girl’s neck. She reached behind her and grabbed a blue jewel on the King’s necklace.

“Let him,” said a hoarse voice, “Let him end my life. It will be better that way. Do not waste your time on me. I have nothing left to live for.” She looked up at the four Pevensies, and her hair fell away from her face. The siblings stared in horror, for her face, like the rest of her body had red marks and bruises all over it.

It's like I'm lost
It's like I'm giving up slowly
It's like you're a ghost that's haunting me
Leave me alone

“Now, now, my sweet, we have each other and our love,” the twisted King replied. He looked back at the Pevensies. “You see,” he laughed evilly, “she rather die than go with you. Leave us alone. She doesn’t have anything in the world besides me worth living for. She doesn’t even own her own voice.”

Susan was fed up. She didn’t care if this girl was the Princess or not; no one should be treated so horribly. She blew her horn that she had been secretly hiding. General Oreius and the small army burst through the throne room doors a minute later. The centaur threw Peter his sword and shield, and Susan her bow and arrows. In seconds the two were on King Hunter while everyone else battled the guards. The King threw the girl, and when he did, her hand was still on the jewel of his necklace. The necklace broke, and the girl went tumbling onto the floor. The King tried to jab the two siblings, but with one stab from Peter and one arrow from Susan, the deranged king was dead. The rest of the Narnians had killed the rest of the guards. The four siblings ran over to the fallen girl.

“Lucy, quick! She’s not breathing! Give her some of your potion!” called Susan.

Lucy gave the girl a drop of her potion, but strangely, nothing happened.

“Maybe she needs water too,” suggested Edmund, “she looks dehydrated.”

Peter gave the girl some water from his flask, and soon after, she started breathing. A few minutes later, her eyes opened weakly.

“What is your name?” asked Susan.

The girl didn’t answer, but instead opened her hand to reveal the jewel from the dead king’s necklace. She raised her hand, and with what little strength she had, smashed it on the ground. She opened her mouth and a blue wind could be seen flowing into it. She replied in her hoarse voice, “Princess Philyra Nerina Anaxandra Pagos Basilikos,” and lost consciousness.

It's like I'm not me,

“So is she the Princess?” asked General Oreius as he trotted over.

“Yes, she is, the poor girl,” replied Peter. He gently picked her up, his hands under her knees and back, and they all walked out of the now empty palace. When they got to their steeds, Peter got on his unicorn and gently placed the princess in front of him and held her as the rescue group headed home.

At Cair Paravel, Peter handed the still unconscious girl over to a group of female fauns who would clean her up.

After supper, the future monarchs were told the princess was all cleaned up. The four went up to the guestroom and looked around for the girl.

“Where is she?” Lucy finally asked.

“Why, right there of course,” answered one of the maids, “but there’s something you should kn-.”

She was cut off by the gasps of the Pevensies. There, sleeping on a chaise lounge, was the Princess, but she didn’t look like the Princess that they had rescued.

Her brown, clumped hair had turned into gold hair with a gentle curl, and she had sky blue highlights. The cuts, bruises, and welts had all disappeared to reveal perfect, just slightly tanned, skin. She was sleeping in a pink nightgown with a terry cloth bathrobe around her waist.

“Just before we got her in the water, she felt as cold as ice, and even though the water was hot, it took her a while before she felt normal. As we washed her in the bathtub, al the red marks disappeared,” the maid explained, “When we washed her hair, brown liquid came out of her hair, making it like you see it now. She woke up during the bath, but didn’t do anything, except look at us weakly, poor thing. She fell asleep just before Your Majesties arrived.”

The siblings stared at the girl. Finally, Susan said, “Well, we best put her to bed.”

Peter stepped forward and picked up the clean princess. “Why, she’s colder than ice!” exclaimed the eldest Pevensie. He quickly but gently brought her to the large bed across the room. He carefully laid her down, and her hair fell picturesquely onto the pillows. Susan and Lucy tucked the girl in using plenty of blankets to make her warm again, and then, the four quietly walked out of the room, leaving the Arcadian Princess to rest.

It's like I'm not me…

End of Chapter 1
the song used was Addicted by Kelly Clarkson

Last edited:
This reminds me that I've never been certain whether Telmar began to have a distinct existence of its own very long before it annexed Narnia.

Assuming that there are supposed to be more songs, let me offer a couple of rhyme ideas when referring to the Princess:

To rhyme with Philyra: "fear a--" / "hear a--" / "near a--" (each needing, of course, to run over into a following line); or, in a fantasy mood, "chimaera."

To rhyme with Basilikos: "banditos," "egos," "seacoast," "see those," "the most," or "a wee dose."

Joseph Ravitts
Columbia, MD

Copperfox said:
This reminds me that I've never been certain whether Telmar began to have a distinct existence of its own very long before it annexed Narnia.

Assuming that there are supposed to be more songs, let me offer a couple of rhyme ideas when referring to the Princess:

To rhyme with Philyra: "fear a--" / "hear a--" / "near a--" (each needing, of course, to run over into a following line); or, in a fantasy mood, "chimaera."

To rhyme with Basilikos: "banditos," "egos," "seacoast," "see those," "the most," or "a wee dose."

Joseph Ravitts
Columbia, MD

omgh thank you for posting!
could you do me a BIIIIG favor and put this review on Fanfiction? the 1st post says how. would you like to hear the rest so far? :D

OMGH THANK YOU!
can you guys do me a big favor too and put your comments as a review on fanfiction please? read the 1st post.

here is part 1 of the second chapter!

Chapter 2: Act 1

The next morning after breakfast, Edmund found someone who knew how to get to Arcadia with the message that they had rescued the Princess.

Just before lunch, the future monarchs were informed that the Princess had woken. They decided to go visit her, so the four went up to her room.

When they entered the large room, they found the Princess sitting on one of the gold chairs by the fireplace. They all sat down and she smiled weakly at them.

“Welcome to Cair Paravel in Narnia, Princess Philyra,” said Susan.

“Thank you.” The girl smiled again and answered, “You may call me Nerina; Philyra is just a formality. And who, might I ask, are you?”

The siblings introduced themselves, and after Princess Nerina said, “So the prophecy will be fulfilled. Two sons of Adam and two Daughters of Eve have finally come to help Narnia. I can see why you are all the future monarchs. Your names obviously must fit you.”

When the Pevensies looked at her quizzically, she explained. “You must not be familiar with Arcadian custom. In my country, our names match whatever qualities we have, what our parents wish us to achieve, or what we love. Our names describe us, so that when you meet someone new, you know something about them already.

“I have three names, so you can tell that I am over fifteen. A female gets her first name at birth. My parents chose Anaxandra. At her presenting party, which is at the age of fourteen, and when you are acknowledged as an almost-adult, she gets a second one that she and her parents agree on. A year later, when she turns fifteen, at her coming of age ceremony, she receives a third name that she chooses. I chose Philyra.

“Since I am royalty, I have two last names. Pagos is because I am a princess and Basilikos is because I am a member of the royal family.

“Philyra means ‘love of music.’ My parents and I decided on Nerina, because it means ‘sea nymph’, and they chose Anaxandra because it means ‘ruler of men’, and I am the first princess in over two hundred years. Pagos means ‘ice’, since I have the power over it, and Basilikos means ‘royalty’, and is the last name of the Royal Family.

“The reason I said your names fit you is because of their meanings. Peter means ‘rock’, which means you will be a strong ruler. Susan means ‘lily’, and you are pretty like one. Edmund has multiple meanings. It can mean happy, fortunate, rich, or guardian, which are all good qualities for ruling. And Lucy means ‘to shine, glitter, and be light.’ You must be a very cheerful girl.”

After she had said all this, Nerina sneezed and proceeded to have a coughing fit. When she was all right again, she smiled. “I’m sorry. That is the most I have said at once in a long time. I must get used to speaking more often.”

Here's the thing
We started out friends
It was cool, but it was all pretend
Yeah, yeah, since you been gone
You're dedicated, you took the time
Wasn't long 'til I called you mine
And all you'd ever hear me say
Is how I picture me with you
That's all you'd ever hear me say…

Susan asked Nerina, “Aslan said you were around my and Peter’s ages. I am fifteen and he is seventeen. How old are you?”

Tears came to Nerina’s eyes. “Sixteen,” she said sadly, “I am sixteen. My birthday is April sixteenth. It was a month ago. I was kidnapped on the night of my fifteenth birthday.” She stared into space. “I was in that horrid place for a year and a month.” She started to cry.

But since you been gone
I can breathe for the first time
I'm so movin' on, yeah yeah
Thanks to you, now I get what I want
Since you been gone…

Lucy got up and patted Nerina’s hand. “That’s all in the past,” she said wisely, as usual. “You’re here among friends now, and that’s all that matters for now. Would you care to join us for lunch? I’m sure the cooks have prepared something delightful.”

Nerina dried her eyes and smiled. “Of course I would. Thank you.” Her eyes fell, “However I don’t know if I have the strength to walk.”

“We will help you,” said Susan cheerfully.

“Thank you,” replied Nerina. She placed her hands on the arms of the chair as Peter got up and walked toward her. Nerina slowly forced herself to get up, using all the strength she had. Her arms started to shake with the strain. She stood up, then yelped with pain and fell back down on the chair.

“Pain shot through my feet,” she winced, holding her legs. She tried to get up again, this time with the assistance of Peter, and was able to get up. Peter put his arm through hers to help her walk slowly. Edmund got the door, while Lucy held Nerina’s free hand, for she, like her brothers and sister, had taken an instant liking to the weak and abused princess.

Last edited:
and part 2(since its too big for one post ;) )

They finally reached the dining hall, and Susan pulled out a chair and Peter helped Nerina sit down.

“Are you okay, or was that too long of a walk?” asked Susan, concerned.

“Well, besides the immense burning in my feet, I feel as weak as I was when we left my room,” the Princess joked.

What followed was a very nice lunch. Susan sat down next to Nerina, helping her with things she was too weak to do.

Eventually their conversation turned to Nerina’s health. The Pevensies were baffled as to why Lucy’s potion did not fully help Nerina. Then the conversation turned to Nerina’s friends back home, and she told them of her best friends Filia, which means ‘sister, who was the daughter of a duke, and who had known Nerina since they were babies, and Adelphos, which means ‘brother’, and was just like one to Nerina.

“Nerina?” asked Edmund, “How did you get all those cuts and bruises? And why did your hair change from brown to blonde in the water?”

How can I put it, you put me on
I even fell for that stupid love song
How come I'd never hear you say
I just wanna be with you
Guess you never felt that way…

The girl’s eyes filled with tears. Peter gave Edmund a sharp look, and the boy apologized for upsetting the Princess.

“That’s alright,” sniffed Nerina. She again dried her eyes and finished her meal. The five friends went to a sitting room after the meal and spent the rest of the day talking.

Since you been gone…

dont forget to put your reviews on fanfiction! i need reviews there, and every one counts. even a "great job"
the song used was "Since U Been Gone" by Kelly Clarkson. these songs are a big part to the underlying message of the whole story.

Last edited:
i have just posted the 5th chapter of this story on fanfiction, so if you would like to read ahead, thats alright, just make sure you review it both there and here. thanks!

~*Shiloh*~ said:
OOO please continue...I am really enjoying it! :)
thank you so much! i will post some of the 3rd chapter today. i am going to have the title of this thread changed to Narnia: The Musical, just so you know :)

here is chapter 3!

Chapter 3: Spreading Your Wings

And so it went, every day the Pevensies would help Nerina downstairs, and they would spend most of the day together. Each day Nerina gained a little of her strength back. After about a week, she was able to eat by herself, but was still tottery when she walked and needed help going up and down stairs. Her weakness was caused by her sickness, which also made her voice hoarse and her head ache and feel congested. All doctors from around Narnia were called to try to cure Nerina, but every doctor left as baffled as the next. Lucy’s potion should have cured Nerina, but it didn’t, so everyone was left to wonder.

One strange thing happened that made the Pevensies wonder more, and even made them concerned. They didn’t dare bring it up to Nerina, but they had noticed that whenever someone touched the Princess when she was not aware of it, whether if it was intentional or not, she would flinch. From watching her, the four siblings came to the conclusion that she did not realize she was flinching, but she was. Susan pointed out one day, when the four were alone that it only proved that something horrible had happened in her past. It had to be, to make someone afraid of being touched.

Nerina became fast friends with the Pevensies. She was Susan became extremely close in just a few days, often talking for hours on end. Edmund and Lucy looked up to Nerina and treated her as another sister.

Peter was the most distant with Nerina. If they were together with the rest of the siblings, they were fine, but alone, it was awkward. It wasn’t that they didn’t get along, it was just something about Nerina’s attitude toward Peter made him feel like he was invisible. She only talked to him when she had to. Every once in a while, when they found themselves alone together, Peter would ask Nerina questions, or comment on something, and she would give either a short response or a nod or shake of her head and fall silent again. Peter would look at Nerina, thinking about heaven-knew-what, with a sad look on her face, and he wouldn’t know what to say to cheer her up. To Susan, Nerina seemed uncomfortable around Peter, for reasons only she knew, and Susan, being a good friend, let Nerina keep those reasons to herself.

Someday your heart will just let him go…

After about two weeks, Nerina continued to be tottery, but was able to move about Cair Paravel. She was even able to attend the ball held for Susan’s sixteenth birthday, but was only able to watch the dancing from a chair on the veranda.

On one particularly bright and beautiful morning, Nerina woke up early in the morning and stretched in her bed.

The bed was red and gold, as was everything in the room. The gold columns on each corner of the bed connected four gold beams around the top, creating a square about her. The headboard was also made of gold and had many intricate designs on it. The mattress was wonderfully soft and was covered by red sheets with more gold designs and square pillows matching them.

The princess got up off the queen-size bed and looked out the large semi-circle window. The sunrise was beautiful. She crossed the room, passing the sitting area where she had first formally met the soon-to-be Kings and Queens of Narnia. She reached her giant red wardrobe, and picked out a coral-colored dress, to match the sunrise. She went into the large adjoining bathroom, changed, and brushed her silky hair. Then, quietly, she opened the door into the hall and set out to find something quiet to do until everyone else woke up.

NTMNTMNTMNTM

Nerina couldn’t believe her eyes when she opened the large door that led to the library. She looked at all the books in the huge room. There were aisles upon aisles of books, even alcoves with huge windows for light and plenty of comfortable looking chairs to read in. She felt tears well up inside her eyes. She kneeled down on the floor, and cried.

All of a sudden, she felt a warm hand on her back. Nerina flinched and looked up into the face of Peter, who held a book in his other hand.

“What’s wrongs?” he asked, concerned.

Recovering from her scare, Nerina moved so that Peter’s hand fell away, and got up. “It’s just that,” she sniffed, “I haven’t seen a book in over a year. I love to read.”

Peter laughed, but was shocked, since this was the most she had ever said to him. “Well, you can borrow any book you like while you’re here. We have plenty.”

Nerina’s eyes, still streaming, widened. “Really?”

The future High King smiled. “Of course. I will even help you find whatever book you want to read. I know my way around here pretty well. I come up here every morning to read by myself before everyone else is awake.”

Nerina looked at the floor. “I am sorry I interrupted your private time.”

“That’s all right, I was getting a little lonely anyway,” Peter said in an attempt to make her happy.

“You don’t have to lie.” Nerina looked at him seriously, but he could see the sadness and hurt in her eyes. “I will leave you alone.”

“Well, at least let me help you find a book.” Peter stopped as he walked to the shelves. He turned back to her. “And I wasn’t lying,” he added, “I wouldn’t mind a reading partner.”

Nerina stopped crying and smiled. “Do you have any books about the sea?”

“Oh, plenty,” said Peter as he led her to an aisle not far away.

Nerina found a book and sat in a huge chair in one of the alcoves. She opened it to a picture of the sea. She smiled and touched it lovingly.

“My people are very connected with the sea,” she explained. “I have been longing to swim in it again for quite some time.”

Peter thought for a moment, them smiled and said, “It’s too cold outside now, but how about the next best thing?”

NTMNTMNTMNTM

Last edited:

“Okay…now…open your eyes!” said Peter.

After breakfast, the Pevensies talked together in a corner of the dining hall while they told Nerina to plug her ears. They left, and soon returned, yelling for Nerina to close her eyes before they came in. They had led her through the castle, “to a surprise”, they said.

Nerina opened her eyes. In front of her was a huge indoor swimming pool. She looked at her friends, who were all dressed in their swimsuits.

“But I don’t have a-” Before she could finish her sentence, Susan produced a beautiful pink and purple swimsuit with an attaching skirt. Tears of joy came to the Arcadian princess’ eyes as she thanked them. She took the swimsuit and gave Susan a big hug.

“It was all Peter’s idea,” admitted Susan.

Peter looked at the floor, embarrassed, and ran his hand through his short blonde hair. For a second, it looked as if Nerina was going to hug him, but caught herself. She too looked at the floor, then at Peter, saying, “Well, I thank you then Peter. This was very king and thoughtful of you.” She turned to the others. “Now, where can I change?”

Lucy and Susan looked at each other quizzically for a moment before showing Nerina the dressing rooms.

“Ta-daa!” Nerina said a few minutes later as she modeled the swimsuit. “How do I-”

Nerina suddenly sank to the floor. Susan and her siblings ran to her.

“Maybe we should try this another day,” Susan suggested, trying to stay calm.

“No,” Nerina panted, “Please just put me in the pool. I can breath underwater. Just put me at the bottom of the pool. I’ll be fine.”

The siblings looked skeptically at each other, but they trusted Nerina, so Peter picked her up. As soon as Nerina touched the eldest Pevensies’ bare chest, she took a sharp intake of air, and became stiff, despite her weakened state. She cold her eyes hard while he carried her to the pool. As soon as she touched the water, she relaxed again. The water was freezing to the Pevensies, but they all helped to gently place the suddenly weakened princess on the bottom of the shallow end. Then they all stood and stared at her unmoving figure.

Feels like my touch only brings back the pain
Someday those memories will fade away…

“Come on,” said Lucy, “let’s let her be for a bit. She said she would be fine.”

Slowly the others swam to the deeper part of the pool. There was an unusual awkward silence between the four. They just floated, getting used to the temperature of the water, and worried about Nerina, all except Lucy, who completely trusted Nerina’s words and started swimming underwater.

Suddenly, she popped up, with a puzzled look on her face.

“Who touched my ankle?” she asked.

Her sister and brothers said they hadn’t.

“That’s strange,” Lucy said.

“Wait!” said Susan, “I just felt something on my foot too!”

“Me too!” said Edmund, “Someone grabbed my ankle!”

Since they were in the deep end, they couldn’t see anything until a body came shooting up out of the water.

Nerina laughed. “Why are you all just floating around?” she asked. “Let’s swim!”

“But I thought you were too weak to swim,” said Susan, very confused, “That’s why we left you in the shallow end.”

The Arcadian shrugged. “I guess I just needed to be back in my element. It really has been too long. I feel perfectly fine now. This is the most active I have felt since I have been here! I have all my energy back! Now, who wants to race?” With this she dove under the water and swam to the edge of the pool. Lucy gave her shocked brothers and sister the "I-told-you-so" look before swimming over to join Nerina. The others soon followed.

They all had a wonderful time in the pool. The five had races, played games, and Nerina even taught them how to dive.

Finally, just before lunchtime, Edmund spoke up. “What can you do with water and ice?” he asked. “How do you control it?”

The princess looked thoughtful. “Well, I can’t really explain how I control it. It just comes naturally to any Arcadian. I can do a lot of neat things with water and ice though.”

“Can you show use please?” Edmund asked.

“It’s been a long time…,” said Nerina, blushing.

“Oh, please?” asked Lucy. The other Pevensies agreed.

After much coaxing, the Arcadian princess caved. She asked them all to get out of the pool. When she was the only one in the pool, she swam to the middle. She placed her fingertips on the top of the water and smiled peacefully, obviously glad to be back in her element after a long time. She scooped up a handful of water and held it in front of her. It formed a sphere, and floated just above her hand. It started to turn, and as it did, the sphere changed from water to ice and back again repeatedly.

She again smiled fondly at the sphere. “Hello old friend,” she said to it. “It’s good to be back. Are you ready to show off and see if the first princess of Arcadia in over two hundred years still has “it”?”

She put the water-and-ice sphere back into the water, where it lost its shape. She closed her eyes, and all of a sudden, she rose out of the water very quickly, being supported by a column of water. She was about six feet above the pool’s surface now. The siblings clapped.

Next Nerina dove off the column, and hit the water with no splash at all. Again the four Pevensies clapped, but the princess was not done yet.

She came to the surface again, and extended her arms out to the sides. She hit the water with her palms and caused a splash that went above her head. The water formed a dome around her. It turned to ice and rose out of the water. The princess stood in the middle of the sphere, and the dome’s bottom was touching the surface of the water. It began to glide across the pool to one corner. The giant ice sphere then rose about four feet above the water. It hovered, and then began to melt. The water started to take shape as it fell back into the pool. It became a slide.

With a wave of Nerina’s hands, the water solidified and became an ice slide into the pool. She slid down the slide and landed with a splash. She then had the water push her to the side of the pool and into the floor where the Pevensies stood clapping. Nerina grinned and bowed playfully. She waved her hands again, and the slide disappeared. The four then dried off and went to eat lunch.

Last edited:
As for Nerina's hair, my impression was that her late and unlamented captor had caused her hair to be dyed out of spite, or because her original appearance reminded him of something distasteful to him; and that the dye was water-soluble and so could come out easily.

Could you guys do me a HUUUGE favor and follow the following steps please?

1-click this link
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/331679/

2-click "Narnia The Musical"

3-using the pull down bar in the top right hand corner, go to the chapter you have just read, which would be #3.

4-go to the bottom of the chapter.

5-click submit a review

6-now submit a review!

please do this for every chapter I post.
and please continue to post your reviews here as well, i dont care if its the same review that you submited for fanfiction.net
let me know if you have any questions!
thanks soooo much!

Chapter 4: Storytelling

A month after the rescue, the Pevensies and Nerina all sat around a fire in one of the smaller living rooms of the castle. They laughed and enjoyed each other’s company, as they had been for the past month. Since the incident in the pool, Nerina showed no signs of improving. In fact, in some ways, she was getting worse. Her voice now sounded very raspy, and she could not laugh for long periods of times because it hurt so much. For, you see, her croupy cough had gotten much worse, and her coughing fits more frequent, but they did not last too long thankfully, however it was taking its toll on her stomach muscles and chest. This night though, was not about worrying over Nerina’s health. It was about having fun together.

And right here tonight
This could be the start
Of something new
It feels so right
To be here with you…

“One thing I have always wondered,” said the Arcadian princess suddenly, “is how you all got to be here. The servants tell me that you are Daughters of Eve and Sons of Adam.”

“I can’t believe we never told you!” gasped Susan. “We must have told you at least something about it!”

Nerina laughed, shook her head, and covered her mouth as she started to cough.

“Can I start then?!?” exclaimed Lucy, bouncing up and down in her chair.

It was Peter’s turn to laugh. “Alright Lu,” he said, “we can each take turns telling it.”

Lucy began. “Well, where we are from, there is a huge world war going on, that our father is in. There were bombs, large exploding things, destroying everything, so a program was set up for children to go to the country, where the bombs were not going off. We were sent to the Professor’s house, and one day I found a wardrobe, and discovered that it led to Narnia. No one else believed me at first, but then Ed came and he met the White Witch, who was afraid of the prophesy coming true, that when four humans came to Narnia, her reign would end.” She then turned to Edmund, who continued.

“Then one day, we were trying to find a place to hide, because we had accidentally broken a window. We ran into the wardrobe, and Peter and Susan finally believed Lucy. I wanted to bring them to meet Jadis, who told me I could be King one day if I brought them to her, but Lucy wanted us to meet Mr. Tumnus, the faun she met the first time she was here. We went to his house, but he had been arrested because Jadis found out from me that he had met her and not turned her in, which was against that law.

“We ended up meeting Mr. Beaver, who took us to his home and Mrs. Beaver. I snuck out and went to the White Witch’s castle, and told her what I heard the Beavers say about Aslan and his army, thinking I could save myself, since she had gotten made when I showed up empty-handed and locked me in her dungeon. It didn’t work, and I had betrayed my family and the kingdom I was to co-rule.” He turned and looked at Peter.

“When we discovered that Edmund was gone, and where he had gone,” said Peter, “the Beavers told us that the only was to save him was to go to Aslan. So even though we didn’t plan on staying and helping the Narnians with their war, we were forced to go meet Aslan. On the way we met Father Christmas, who told us the hope we brought to Narnia caused it to be Christmas for the first time since the hundred-year winter began. Lucy received a healing cordial and a dagger. Susan got her horn and bow and arrows, and I got my sword and shield. We finally arrived at Aslan’s camp, and met the Great Lion. Edmund was rescued, but we still had a problem.”

Susan finished the story. “We had decided to stay and help Narnia, but there was an ancient magic which stated that any traitor belongs to the White Witch, and they had to be killed at the Stone Table. If not, all of Narnia would be destroyed. She came to Aslan’s camp and pointed this out but later, unknown to all of us, Aslan agreed to take Edmund’s place. Lucy and I woke up in the night and heard Aslan walking, so we followed him and accompanied him to a point where he told us to stop. I was curious, so we still followed him and saw him murdered by the White Witch.

After she and her minions had left, we came and sat next to him. Mice came and chewed the ropes around him until they broke, and in the morning as we left, there was a great tremor, the Stone Table cracked, and Aslan rose from the dead, since he had committed no crime, but willingly gave himself up. We went to Jadis’ castle and freed all the creatures she had turned to stone, then raced to the battle between her and the Narnians, which of course, you can figure out the outcome.” Susan smiled.

“But what happened to Mr. Tumnus?” asked Nerina.

“He had been turned to stone, but Aslan saved him,” said Lucy. She clasped her hands together. “He will probably come to the coronation in a few weeks, so you can meet him then!”

“That would be lovely.” Nerina responded.

“How about you Nerina?” asked Susan, somewhat cautiously, “Do you have any interesting stories?”

Nerina froze for a moment, and her eyes appeared to be glazed over, and the look on her face was one of both sadness and trying hard to remember.

Not wanting to bring up unpleasant memories back, Susan moved on, “What is life like back in Arcadia? What do you do there? What does it look like?”

Nerina blinked and snapped back to reality. “The country is very beautiful. To get to it, you must first go through a cave, which contains large rivers with huge glaciers floating around, and everything has a bluish-green hue from the water. The country is on a very large island with walls of never-melting ice.

The main entrance archway of the castle is made of gold bricks. The rest of the arch is made of gold, bronze, cream, and pink bricks. Bricks of the same color are placed sporadically on the outer wall. The parapet is light blue.

“The actual castle is made with sparkling white sand. The castle is made up of some outside, some inside stairs and hallways, and is very hugs. At the top of each of four of the seven turrets is a gigantic, spiral seashell. There is a pier along the castle side of the island, and the waved crash upon it and it is absolutely wonderful. I can’t wait to show you all.”

“So what do you do all day in Arcadia?” Susan asked again.

Nerina got the strange look on her face again, and once more her eyes appeared to be glazed over.

Susan tried again, using a different approach. “I heard you like singing. Would you like to sing something for us?”

Still no response.

Edmund yawned. “I’m starting to get a bit tired. I might head off to bed soon.”

Nerina blinked and replied, “Yes, it is starting to get late, isn’t it?” again as if nothing had happened.

The five continued chatting until the fire grew low. Edmund did go to bed, and Lucy went soon after. Nerina accidentally fell asleep in her chair while Susan and Peter were discussing plans for the upcoming coronation. When they got up, Susan looked at Peter expectantly. “Well?”

“Well what?”

“Aren’t you going to help me take her to her room?”

“You mean carry her again?”

“How else do you expect her to get to her bed?”

“Can’t we just wake her up?”

“No!” his sister whispered. “She looks so peaceful. We should let her sleep. She needs all the rest she can get so she can hopefully get better.”

“Alright,” said Peter reluctantly, “but why do I always have to carry her? I really don’t mean to complain, but…”

“Because,” Susan said jokingly in a deep voice, “you are the future High King of Narnia, and you are supposed to be a strong man.” She giggled.

Peter smiled, rolled his eyes, and carefully picked Nerina up.

A few minutes later they reached her room. Susan pulled back the covers on the bed and Peter lay her down. Susan tucked her friend in, then stepped back, surveying her work.

“What was with Nerina tonight?” asked Peter.

“I don’t know” replied Susan. “It was like she couldn’t remember anything about her life before her kidnapping.”

“She remembers her family and friends.”

“Yes, but I mean what she did in Arcadia. I was trying to get her to remember something, but it didn’t work. Here, help me prop her head up. It will help her breathe more easily with her sinuses the way they are.”

Peter hesitated as Susan indicated that she wanted him to lift the sleeping princess’ head.

Susan looked from Nerina to Peter. “What is it now?”

Peter sighed. “She doesn’t like me.”

Susan looked really confused now. “Yes she does.”

“No she doesn’t. She rarely talks to me, and when she does, it’s only, “Please pass the salt.”

Susan touched her brother’s arm lovingly. “She just isn’t comfortable around you. Now please help me so we can get to sleep.”

Peter obliged and Susan fixed the pillows.

“Come on now,” said Susan as Peter gazed at Nerina. She smiled and asked teasingly, “What? Do you fancy her?”

Peter took offense. “No. I just want her to like me and want to talk to me like a normal person.”

“I was just joking. Don’t worry. Just give her time. And in case you haven’t noticed, Nerina is not exactly a ‘normal person’. Now let’s go, I’m tired.” And the two siblings left the room.

Last edited:
I must warn you about this chapter. The story told is not mine, it is an adaption of a movie/story, but is very important to the plot, so some picky people might not like it, but give it time, because it fits in perfectly with the plot.

Enjoy!

Chapter 5: A Memory

The next night, all the Pevensies and Nerina were seated together, this time out on a veranda in the castle. As conversation died down, Susan tried to help her friend again.

“So Nerina, in Arcadia, do you have any stories that you pass down generation to generation? We’d love to hear something from your country.”

Nerina had been in the process of putting wisps of her hair, blown by a breeze, behind her ear. Her hand slowed down, and her eyes looked at the ground to her left. Susan grew hopeful this time, because it was clear that she was really trying to remember.

Wish that I could read your mind
Understand what you hide in your heart
Then maybe, baby, I could help you see how loved you are
Wish that I could find the words
That would echo inside of your soul
'Cause then, my friend, you'd know…

“Yes,” she said slowly, “we have stories that we tell. We have a countless number of stories at we all-” She suddenly shook her head and put her hand on her face. Nerina looked up and put her hands on her lap. “Would you like to hear one?”

“Oh yes please!” exclaimed Lucy.

Nerina grinned. “Alright then. Once there was a princess who lived with her family in a huge castle. One day, they had a wonderful party. The girl was especially happy, because she would get to see her Grandmother, who was Queen of a far off country. The princess danced the night away with her many brothers and sisters. When her Grandmother arrived, she gave the princess-oh! I almost forgot! Her name was Princess Betha, and her grandmother’s name was Queen Ayanna. So anyway, Queen Ayanna gave princess Betha a music box that played their secret song. The only way to open the box was with a key that hung on a ribbon so that Betha could wear it on her neck. The key had the names of both the princess’ and her grandmother’s countries inscribed on each side. Betha loved the gift.

“That night, there was a revolt led by an evil sorcerer. He made sure all of the Royal Family died, but he missed one. Queen Ayanna and Princess Betha were able to escape with the help of a young servant boy who smuggled them out of the castle. The two ran to the port where a ship was just about to set sail for the Queen’s country. In all the commotion, both Queen and granddaughter were separated, and Betha fell off the pier onto some jagged rocks below, but Queen Ayanna didn’t see. She was on the boat looking frantically for her granddaughter.

“Ten years went by. One day, messengers announced all over that Queen Ayanna was searching for her granddaughter, and the one to reunite them would be paid richly. Two siblings decided to take advantage of this. Their names were-” Nerina spoke slowly again. “Trevet and Desta.” She stopped.

“What did they do?” asked Lucy, who was already in love with the story.

Nerina blinked and came out of her trance. “Sorry, it’s just that there’s something about them...” she trailed off, then smiled. “It doesn’t matter, now where was I? Oh yes.

“As I was saying, Trevet and Desta wanted the reward money really badly, because they were extremely poor. Even though she was the same age as the princess would be, Desta looked nothing like Betha would now, so they held auditions for young women to find someone to play the part of Princess Betha and trick Queen Ayanna.

“Meanwhile, in a small village outside the city gates, a young woman named Amy was saying her good-byes. She used to live with a bunch of other children in a large house, but was now old enough to be out on her own, so she was leaving to go work in an inn. Amy had no memories of her past, just a key with the name of her country and a far off one on it. On her way to the inn, she met up with a talking bird. She told him where she was going, about her lost memories, and about her key. He told her that she should go to the far off country to find her family. She agreed, and the bird decided to come along, so they set off to the main port to catch a boat. Unfortunately, Amy had no way to get a ticket, but she heard that if she went to the old abandoned castle, she would find twins that could help her. She did just that, and when she met Trevet and Desta, they saw that she looked just like Princess Betha. They told her they would bring her to the far off country if she agreed to go in front of Queen Ayanna to see if she really was Princess Betha.

“They traveled and all the was Amy learned how to walk, talk, dress, and act like a princess. After a while, Trevet fell in love with her, which made Desta a little jealous of Amy, because her brother was all she had left in the world. Amy’s bird friend, whose name was Domiel, accompanied them too. The four finally reached Queen Ayanna’s country, but had to be questioned by the Queen’s sister Lady Vidya. As a result of the questioning, Trevet learned that Amy really was Princess Betha, because she remembered escaping the palace with the help of a servant who Trevet quickly realized-was himself! Lady Vidya said that Amy would be allowed to meet the Queen that night at the…the…the ballet.” Again Nerina slowed down and had a far off look in her eye, but this time she came out of it on her own.

“Things went as planned, until it was time for Amy to meet the Queen. Trevet and Desta went to the Queen’s box to announce Amy, but Queen Ayanna had heard of their scheme to trick her, and was so infuriated that so many people had tried to take advantage of her. Amy, who had never known of the reward money, was hurt, especially because she had now grown to secretly love Trevet. Feeling extremely used, she immediately went back to where they were staying to pack and go back home.

“Back at the ballet, the siblings told the Queen that they had worked in the palace, and that Trevet was the one who had helped them escape, but to no avail. Queen Ayanna still did not believe them, so Desta brought out something she found in the snow after her brother had left with the Princess and the Queen to show them the way out that awful night ten years ago. It was Betha’s music box. The Queen decided to meet Amy, but she had left, so the twins took her to where they were staying. The Queen and Amy talked in her room, and after a while Queen Ayanna noticed the key on Amy’s neck. They two unlocked the music box, and as the music box opened and started to play, all of Amy’s memories rushed back, and the two realized who Amy really was.

“The next night Amy, now once again Princess Betha, saw the twins, but was still mad at them for using her, so they left to go back to their real home. Queen Ayanna told her granddaughter that they had refused to take the reward money. Princess Betha stood in shock as she waited for her grandmother to introduce her at the ball she was having in Betha’s honor. As she waited for her cue to come out from behind the curtain, she noticed Domiel was no where to be found. Suddenly, she heard frantic chirping coming outside, so she followed the sound until she found the bird trapped in a cage in the hands of an old man, who looked at her with hatred. It was the evil sorcerer, who had realized that one of the Royal Family was still alive. Throughout Betha’s journey, his minions had tried to kill her, but they were always unsuccessful, so her decided to do it himself. He was just about to kill the princess when Trevet and Desta ran up. Together they were able to defeat the old man and he died. Trevet confessed that he was too much in love to leave Princess Betha, and Desta said that she would miss her new friend. Princess Betha confessed her love for Trevet, and the two were married and had a huge party. Desta was made into a Lady of the Court, and Domiel was Betha’s friend for the rest of his days. And they all lived happily ever after. The End.”

The Pevensies clapped.

“That was wonderful!” exclaimed Lucy. “I love that story!”
“I’m glad you did,” smiled Nerina. “Now I am thirsty.” She waved her hands and a glass made of ice was formed, and with a flick of her wrist, water from the air filled it. She sipped it as the five friends watched the shooting stars fall across the dark sky.

Please review it right now. The story, as you probably guessed, is the movie version of the Anastasia story, but as said before, it is important, so give it time.

Thanks for reading!

Song used-Wish That I Could Read Your Mind by Jump5

Last edited:
Back