Life is good!

Life is good because -- after a rough weekend my dog Barney is home from the doggie hospital and probably is going to survive his liver failure! Hooray!

Life is good because I saw one of my old best friends that I haven't seen in three years!

Impressive! By the way, did you paint your avvie? It is beautiful...

Life is good because I was just given a bead loom, with beads :)

Life is good because my husband made spaghetti last night, and I have leftovers today! Yum!

Last edited:
It's a beautiful day today. Blue skies, green lush grass, the breeze, sunlight, just chilled enough for a jacket this morning. Life is good.

Life is good when you get to listen to the Narnia soundtrack in the dead of night. Makes you forget about the hardships of life.

Life is good cuz I got to meet some girlfriends for lunch and have a good gab. They get me!

Life is good, because a writer's block I suffered for several years is now broken. The alternate endings to "The Tale of Sophia Renee" (see Writing Club) have begun to be written!

Life is good, yes it is! Can I possibly count the ways?

I got admitted to the University of Houston, so I can finish my Bachelor's degree after a five-year hiatus.

I finally got a second job, so that after 6 months of part-time work I am once again gainfully employed.

My hospital bills for my health issues have been written off, a huge relief given I had no insurance at the time of admittance.

The insurance I now have vitually completely covered the swallow study upper GI tests I had done a few weeks ago, and I get my results in a follow-up appointment on October 30th.

I get to help staff a healing retreat this weekend that I experienced myself two years ago.

Our neighbor put up sturdy shelves in our laundry room, a relief considering we live in a house in which storage wasn't a big consideration at the time it was built.

And most important of all, God loves me like nobody else!

Life is good because we are home (in the USA) for a while! :)

It is nice to travel, but there's no place like home.

Popcorn Fail

Life is good because the science experiment I was helping my daughter do did *not* catch fire when the pre-baked popcorn started to burn. It was an amusing and instructive lesson on why you should not bake your popcorn kernels for 2 hours -- nor soak them for 20 minutes -- before attempting to pop them. We laughed a lot and enjoyed eating the control (Untreated) popcorn.

P.S. Presoaking popcorn kernels yields stale-tasting (soft) popcorn, but it pops just about as well as regular popcorn.

Attachments

• popcorn fail.jpg
    popcorn fail.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Life is good because it's nearly Christmas time and its nearly one of my friend's birthdays!

Life is good because I am 95% finished with my Christmas shopping for the first time in my life... :D
(I usually procrastinate until the shipping deadline...then have to scramble and figure out what to get everyone!)

Life is good because now someone in my family other than myself loves Narnia!

Back