Give the moviemakers silly ideas!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instead of sailing directly to the Utter East, the ship reaches a point beyond the Star's Island, the sky flashes green, and suddenly they are sailing upside down. :eek:

That raises an interesting point. Is gravity in the Narnian world oriented toward the center of mass of the flat-topped quasi-planet, or is there some unknowable "bottom" to that small cosmos, maybe one or two astronomical units (an A.U. is the distance from our Sun to the Earth's orbit) below the undersurface of the Narnian world, toward which all gravity draws? (The gap would be to allow Narnia's sun and moon to pass beneath on each circuit.) If the former, then the ship should still hold fast to its parent world; if the latter, they really would fall clear and perish if Aslan didn't intervene.

Truly, you have a dizzying intellect. ;)

Actually, something LIKE that may come up in the movie since Edmund, Eustace, and Caspian discuss round vs. flat worlds.

Thank you, Elentari, but I wish you could talk with my brothers-in-law: Mark who married my sister Randi, and John who married my sister Tammi. While I believe myself to be ahead of them in theology, music composing and creative writing, I sit at their feet when the talk is about physics or electronics.

It makes sense. :D I can hold my own against brother and husband when discussing music, books, and teaching, but I don't even TRY discussing the finer particulars of science or politics. I ATTEMPT to jump in sometimes, but only if I've had time to do research!

The funny thing is...I'm just waiting for someone to tell me they know I stole my upside down idea. ;)

Just before the battle in Last Battle, Jill adn Eusatce are shaking ahnds. The hand shake seems to linger. They lean in for a kiss, then out of nowhere Short Round from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom jumps out and says, "No time for love, Jill and Eusatce!"

After incorporating some of the ideas from this thread into VODT, the series will be immensely popular that they will actually do the Jill-Eustace-Short Round scene in TLB!

Last edited:
It ends with the word Movie. (Epic Movie and Date Movie are horrible films. That`s the joke in case you didn`t get it.)

The sea serpend actually destroys the Dawn Treader and all the random sailors die. The principal actors of course survive but they can't continue their journey so they ride The Hasselhoff back to Narnia!

Aliens! Can we get some space aliens into this? I really liked those aliens in the last Indiana Jones movie.

Aliens! Can we get some space aliens into this? I really liked those aliens in the last Indiana Jones movie.

Well, why not? The Dark Island is actually a landing base for Alien craft. The aliens have it disguised with artificial darkness and a device that reads their minds and projects their daydreams back to them! Anyone straying into that area will suffer the fate of Rhoop and the Dawn Treader. Most ships that stray into the dark area try to make it back to light but usually get lost because none of them have Lucy to pray to Aslan.
Lots of ships have disappeared there and they eventually named that area "Rhoop's Triangle."

Last edited:
But wait -- having Aslan appear as an albatross (who actually first looks like a cross in the sky to Lucy) is too religious. Let's say they escape the aliens by a deep hypnosis which convinces them the alien hallucinations aren't real, so they aren't frightened, and then they rescue Rhoop and everyone trapped there, and send the aliens packing. Reepicheep battles a robot cat.

But wait -- having Aslan appear as an albatross (who actually first looks like a cross in the sky to Lucy) is too religious. Let's say they escape the aliens by a deep hypnosis which convinces them the alien hallucinations aren't real, so they aren't frightened, and then they rescue Rhoop and everyone trapped there, and send the aliens packing. Reepicheep battles a robot cat.

That just gave me an idea! Reepicheep can be a robot!

Robot Reepicheep! Very good. That will bring in all th sci-fi fans.
Cool! They can rename the movie End of the World Trek, or Eastern Ocean Trek and Reep can be better than a robot. Sort of an android like Data in Star Trek. They can start the movie with Douglas Gresham announcing "to blodly go where no Narnian has gone before."

Voyager of the Dawn Treader!
He can be a borg like Seven of Nine.
Reepicheep of Nine.

Robot Reepicheep is a fantastic idea. And of course, it would give the script writer license even more of those brilliant one liners we've had from him already (!)

'But... you're a robot'

'COMPUTE...origniality...negative...'

WIth Reep being a Robot I was thinking more like Robo-Cop.

Part Mouse, Part Machine....ALL ACTION!

Then he battles the ED-09

ROBO-REEP: Dead or alive, you have no originality.

LOL! You guys are cracking me up! I think this Robo-Reep idea has legs ... They can say the real Reep was crash landed on some alien world and badly injured, so they rebuilt him with alien technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back