Which of the Marvel hero's are your favorites?

• Total voters
Actually, it's been confirmed (SPOILER FOR FUTURE MOVIE)

That Steve Rogers will die in Age of Ultron.

(END SPOILER)

Personally, I also dislike the idea of a female Thor. I was playing devil's advocate very badly, as well as pointing out that the worthiness enchantment has been retconned into more than just a trick.

Thor, as a character and an idea, is really too masculine to be changed out for a female version. It just doesn't work. I think that enough fans dislike the idea that it should be fairly short-lived.

In the meantime, be prepared for the vocal minority to publish a lot of online articles with titles like 'Why people who hate the new Thor are misogynists'.

Well, now I'm sad. Falcon will be a great Captian though, I have faith. Plus, as I stated before, everyone comes back from the dead in the Marvel universe. Look at the new Nightcrawler comics, it's been four years since he's been alive! Bucky was alive too. AND Loki in Thor: The Dark World. Also will you source your spolier, I've never heard that before. Marvel sometimes releases stuff to mess with our heads and stuff, so that the real plot isn't revealed.

Hmmmm.....me being a feminist, I strongly disagree with you. Women can be very masculine, both in personality and phyical atributes. Marvel is doing great job protraying ALL DIFFERENT KINDS OF WOMEN. Women of different color, religion(Ms. Marvel anyone??) backgrounds, etc. Making Thor into a women was a good choice for this day and age. And I don't think your a misogynist just because you don't like Thor as a woman(now, thinking that woman can't be masuline is a whole different thing, but I won't assume that you think that in general, only of the character Thor).

Sorry if I offended you in anyway. I don't mean to be rude or anything like that. I'm just stating my opinion.

Even despite the fact that Chris Evans has been signed to appear in a 3rd Captain America film? Unless it takes place between Age of Ultron and Captain America 2 (it isn't scheduled for release until AFTER Ultron), I don't see how that's a viable fact.
http://www.inquisitr.com/1381479/ca...d-shield-bodies-of-thor-hulk-and-black-widow/

I don't think Rogers will die. Evans has stated that he has a 6 movie contract with Marvel, and as this article points out, if you don't count the cameo in Thor 2, Evans still has 2 movies on the books as Rogers after Avengers 2. Knowing Whedon, Iron Man's/Tony Stark's seeing his dead friends is probably all part of a gigantic twist. I mean...the man did bring back Phil Coulson from the dead.

But I could see them killing off Iron Man. RDJ has said multiple times he wouldn't mind leaving the suit behind him. Only, the character is so ridiculously popular, the fans would have a tough time with it if they did.

Some are speculating it could be Hawkeye. Mainly because of the Avengers he hasn't caught on and developed a big enough fan base. Plus they've been saying for A2 that Hawkeye will have a bigger roll, so count on it being not that unlike Coulson in Avengers. You develop the character enough just to love him and then Bang, he's dead.

Thanks for the insight! I was very wary about Steve dying. Iron Man too, because of the fact that so many people love him. Hawkeye I could see, totally. I guess that we'll just have to wait until the movie comes out.

Some are speculating it could be Hawkeye. Mainly because of the Avengers he hasn't caught on and developed a big enough fan base. Plus they've been saying for A2 that Hawkeye will have a bigger roll, so count on it being not that unlike Coulson in Avengers. You develop the character enough just to love him and then Bang, he's dead.

I liked Hawkeye, but not so much I'd be devastated if he dies. Unlike Coulson, I don't have much attachment to the character. I was dumbstruck when Coulson "died".

Right. I think the reason Coulson's death it was such a gut-check to the viewers was because not only had we gotten to know him in three prior films, we saw a whole new side to him. This is the guy who threatened to Tase Tony Stark and watch Supernanny if he got out of line and was unphased by Thor, and yet when he meets Cap, he's like a kid on Christmas morning.

Right. I think the reason Coulson's death it was such a gut-check to the viewers was because not only had we gotten to know him in three prior films, we saw a whole new side to him. This is the guy who threatened to Tase Tony Stark and watch Supernanny if he got out of line and was unphased by Thor, and yet when he meets Cap, he's like a kid on Christmas morning.

He's a really well developed character for such a minor role in the movies.

Sorry for the double-post, but it has been over two days.

Marvel has confirmed that Benedict Cumberbatch will be playing Dr. Strange in the movie of the same name.

Also, official lineup of Marvel movies through 2019

Attachments

• marvel moview through 2019.jpg
    marvel moview through 2019.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
I saw that! And Marvel confirmed that Chadwick Boseman ( Jackie Robinson in 42) will be playing T'Challa/Black Panther.

At one point I would have been worried for Ant-Man, Black Panther , Captain Marvel, and the Inhumans, but after as well, every single film in this franchise, Marvel knows what they're doing, at least in terms of films.

So, I've done some calculations and by 2019, The MCU will have a whopping total of 20 films! Only the James Bond series will have more, and the MCU has only been around since 2008.

Infinity War refers to the fight with Thanos over the Infinity Gauntlet Marvel is revisiting a lot of old events next year, including Days of Future Past, Civil War, No More Mutants, and Age of Apocalypse.

There are Avengers based ones, too. I'm just more up on the X-Men side of things.

I just watched the first episode of 'Daredevil' starring Charlie Cox as Matt Murdock. I can't recommend it unless you have a strong stomach. I have never seen so much violence packed into 53 minutes. I won't be continuing the series.

Back