Life is good!

EveningStar

Mage Scribe
Staff member
Knight of the Noble Order
Royal Guard
I created this thread so that antique gripes and service requests won't stay forever (or even longer!) on Susan's Horn each and every time someone goes to the home page. After a thread for "Look outside, the sky is falling!" has been up for about five years or so, I'll post here so the last updated thread will have a positive, uplifting title. :D

Here's a good thing about life: I have a good supply of candles to provide some of my lighting at home, thus reducing my use of electric power in this time of austerity. And I have things I can put the candles IN, so they aren't a fire hazard. Now and then I feel as if I'm living in a Jane Austen book.

Eternal life is better, but there are plenty of blessings in this life, too. Here are a few of my biggest:

• A loving Savior who cares for me
  • A wife of over 30 years who is terrific
  • Six wonderful, wise, loving children who serve God and love each other
There are lots more, but those are a good start.

Life is good! Because my little dog, Barney, came through his surgery yesterday with no problems and is home acting the fool again. He was diagnosed with bladder stones on Friday. Whoever heard of a dog with bladder stones? But it was this very big deal to get them fixed, and I am so glad he made it through and is recovering.

Also good ... Jesus loves me like CRAZY.

I could go on. Life is GOOD!

Life is good because I had an interview for Princeton yesterday and it went really well! :D Also, the holidays are right around the corner and I'm so excited to relax and celebrate with my family.

Life is good because I got a hug today from my teenage son.

Whoever heard of a dog with bladder stones?

I have, removed them lots of times. Make sure they do a stone analysis so as to make a diet recommendation to prevent them from coming back. I'm glad Barney is doing better!

Life is good because I have my TDL family, and they are so smart!

Thanks, GSM, for the good wishes and advice. Yah, the vet said he will have the results back in a week and let us know whether Barney needs further anti-biotics for the kind of stones cause by infection or a change in diet for the kind of stones called oxalate or something like that? Barney is hoping for the diet-change kind because then he will get canned food ... all he has ever had til now is dry dog food.

He is fine it seems -- he has been wearing a toddler's onesie to keep him from licking at his incision. He's so cute. :) He wants to play ball but the vet said to keep him quiet for a few days. It's rough on him that I won't play with him.

Life is good today because this morning I read John chapter 14 and it applied all day long to life. "Let not your heart be troubled..."

Thanks, GSM, for the good wishes and advice. Yah, the vet said he will have the results back in a week and let us know whether Barney needs further anti-biotics for the kind of stones cause by infection or a change in diet for the kind of stones called oxalate or something like that? Barney is hoping for the diet-change kind because then he will get canned food ... all he has ever had til now is dry dog food.

He is fine it seems -- he has been wearing a toddler's onesie to keep him from licking at his incision. He's so cute. :) He wants to play ball but the vet said to keep him quiet for a few days. It's rough on him that I won't play with him.

Inky I hope Barney is back to normal by now. Last week we had a very private club for dogs who like to eat socks and have to have surgery to get them back out. Seemed to be the theme of the week.

ROFL! Why would anyone eat a sock? Let alone, several dogs eating socks all at once?

Life is good because our Barney seems fully recovered. Yay!

And, it's raining here -- used to rain all the time in Houston, but this year it's been a drought, and it's a treat to see the rain. (Not a treat for Barney though, he has such storm anxiety that at the first pitter-pat of a light rain, he goes all crazy.)

So yah, life is good! :)

And this is the Saint's Day honoring CS Lewis in the Episcopal Church. I am asking him to bless my writing today. And always!

Inky,Does this mean Barney doesn't get to wear onesies anymore? (So glad he's better).

Life is good because God is good, and He is my life. And I have so much to be thankful for.

Life is good, because its such a wonderful thing to be alive,to breathe the fresh air of nature, and experience all the wonderful things that life has to offer.

Yes, Barney's onesie days are over. He wouldn't sit still to let me get a good photo of him, either.

Life is good because we made a little profit this weekend selling my husband's handmade pens, so I can have the housekeepers come this week! My house is getting cleaned, and I don't have to do it!. YAY!

Life is good because after nine+ years our beagle is finally calm enough to be able to be inside the house for limited, supervised periods -- as long as there is no food left out anywhere and someone is around to keep closing the bedroom doors that she is trying to open in order to explore/raid.

Last edited:
Go beagle! Good for her!

Life is good because today is the holiday called "Epiphany," when we commemorate how the wise-men found Jesus -- the revelation of Christ to the Gentiles -- which was good news for all of us! :)

I know what made them Wise Men. They could pronounce "epiphany". :p

Gesundheit!

Life is good because my father-in-law, diagnosed with multiple myeloma several years ago, continues to respond to treatment and shows few if any signs of even being ill... and he and I did justice to a rather tasty pheasant earlier today. :p <--- in appreciation.

Malacandra! Good to hear from you again, if only briefly. Glad to hear your father-in-law is doing well despite his condition, and that you had a fine dinner of pheasant.

We sure did. But I posted a status update about it on Facebook, and a little while later one of my "friends" deleted me for it. Guess she must have been more of an animal rights activist than I thought. :D :D

As for me, I'm still about the place and doing stuff. Just completed a B Sc in Mathematics at the Open University - degree ceremony in June. :cool:

Back