The Duffer Encyclopedia, 2nd Edition

By the way, if and when I rub the vase again, I'm going to wish for a lifetime's worth of uncorrupted wishes....

Do you want me to wish for you to be chained to a boulder in the underworld forever? *glares at genie*

Says who? If I rub the vase, you have to do whatever I want. Do you want me to say the Dreaded Word?

You know what? There's a little-known loophole for genies who are actually happier to remain in their vase or lamp etc. than to grant wishes. Most genies are so happy to be free that they rush out and are then forced to pay the consequences. But in this instance...

Question, is it Lebanon the country, or is it Lebanon, the city in Tennessee where Cracker Barrel got started?

Or people....

(And, actually, LoL, you are playing with your nose. You keep touching your noose, otherwise known as a loophole, to it, and then dropping the noose around your neck. Very disturbing behavior, in my opinion....)

That's right. No one is disturbed by anything. Nor would anyone be disturbed if you put on this jacket. I know the sleeves are a little long, but you'll grow into it, I'm sure. Now, if you'd just come this way, and step in here... what's that? Oh no, the walls aren't padded they're just insulated. From the cold, you know. It gets terribly cold here in the winter.

I'll GROW INTO IT?! I'm a full grown adult! What are you IMPLYING? Did you just call me FAT?! I'm not doing anything you say, and we aren't speaking! How DARE YOU?

It was, ah, a metaphysical reference. Your will grow in spirit, I meant. Everybody's always got room for spiritual growth, right?

And besides, you really do want a jacket. Didn't I tell you it gets cold here in the winters?

Metaphysical? I happen to know you don't even know what that means. Thou Blatherskite! Absolutely not, in no way, never. You called me physically fat, AND spiritually scrawny or underdeveloped. How goes that grave you're digging these days? I've rarely seen it so deep!

He's got a rather nice tombstone, at least. Unfortunately, he seems to be unable to decide on whether to have a profound epitaph or a Dufferish one, so he keeps scraping off Tolkien quotes and replacing them with comments about cheese. That tombstone is getting terribly thin....

Back