For the Love of the Tree

How do you feel about Lossy's Treeness?

• Total voters

MissReepicheep

Pandawan
Staff member
Knight of the Noble Order
“A tree by any other name would not have feet”, wrote the ancient poets of Dufferland. Or did they? I forgot to check.

The particular tree we're speaking of is Lossendil, who possesses in full the rare quality of Treeness. She doesn’t just look like a tree or act like a tree. She is a tree, as evidenced by the sap in her bark, the roots underneath her, and the piney branches under which Duffers love to rest.

Unfortunately, she has not yet come to this realization, even though her Treeness is apparent to the rest of us. This thread is meant to help her out of deNile.

We fear that some psychological misunderstanding has caused her deny her true identity, but not all is lost! On this thread, we must gently coax her into a proper understanding of her essence. I beseech you, good duffers, draw near and lend a helping hand. We must unite, working together to reveal Lossy's treeness unto herself!

The Encyclopedia Entry
Gondorgirl's Lossy-tree Illustration (Scroll down to the third image)
One of Lossy-tree's denials: Photo; Explanation

Last edited:
I applaud your devotion to the Tree's mental well-being. The first step to healthy thinking is to believe what is true. May the Tree believe. *strokes the Tree's piney branches*

I applaud your devotion to the Tree's mental well-being. The first step to healthy thinking is to believe what is true. May the Tree believe. *strokes the Tree's piney branches*
Indeed. *nods sagely* The words thou hast spoken are true. May the Lossy-tree realize her essence!

Indeed. I'll have to write more poetry for her...later. Right now, my lesson plan and paper generalization await.

She does, but she's enjoying the attention too much to admit it. :p You've got to love the Tree....

(After all, she's the one who has saved us from the wrath of the Duffer Sun....)

I just had an inspiration!

There once was a Tree called Lossy
Whose branches were shiny and glossy.
She saved everyone
From the bright Duffer Sun
And the trunk of this Tree was quite mossy.

The squir-rels debarked from the Tree
As vicious as squir-rels could be.
They sought to begin
Their fight against Glen
But were thwarted by buff'lo Sushi.

Though Lossy denied her Treeness
The Duffers believed it with freeness.
She'll deny it, they say,
Till the Can pass away
And Derny relinquish her Queenness.

I may or may not have gotten this PM from Lossy a few minutes ago.

Oh, D! I love you! But I couldn't admit that, because you wicked children would turn my words against me in some claim of treeness or other. I am highly amused by your thread , but, of course, you are not to know that. And I will studiously avoid posting in the thread, for fear of incriminating myself into further accusations of Treeness.

You did not see this message, it is a figment of your imagination.

The message did not contain any hint of approval whatsoever.

You will not share the contents of this nonexistent message with others.

Especially not Glen.

This non-message will self-destruct in 10 seconds.

Love,
Lossy (non-Tree).

She sent me the link to a post about her treeness by Olórin (since added to the Treeness entry in the Encyclopedia--I'll have to add Mike's wonderful poem, too), but has since deleted the entry. And she was the one who suggested the Treeness entry in the Encyclopedia in the first place, but has deleted that post as well. Here we have a Tree suffering from bipolar disorder. But we love her anyway.

She sent me the link to a post about her treeness by Olórin (since added to the Treeness entry in the Encyclopedia--I'll have to add Mike's wonderful poem, too), but has since deleted the entry. And she was the one who suggested the Treeness entry in the Encyclopedia in the first place, but has deleted that post as well. Here we have a Tree suffering from bipolar disorder. But we love her anyway.

Must be the weird weather. Can't blame her, trees are very susceptible to the weather.

*Eats Lossy-Tree*

Back