Mod Q&A Thread II

Mods aren't supposed to laugh, GG. Put on your cactus face.

*Eats cactus*

tumblr_m498ejQboc1r1p9efo1_500.gif

I didn't say put a cactus on your face. There is a highly metaphysical difference between a cactus face and a cactus's face, as well as between a cactus-on-your-face and a cactus face. I am available to clarify....

I didn't say put a cactus on your face. There is a highly metaphysical difference between a cactus face and a cactus's face, as well as between a cactus-on-your-face and a cactus face. I am available to clarify....

*Eats cactus face*

*sigh* You know, a cactus face is a facial expression. Eating it is like eating someone's smile.

But you've probably done that already.

No, but we get to add 15.

Since going to library school, I have learned what tags are intended for...and I actually used some TDL threads in a paper, showing how tagging can be misused for recreational purposes....

Tags are intended to categorize threads (or posts, if you have a blog). For example--if all mafia game threads are tagged "mafia," then when you click on that tag on one thread, all threads tagged "mafia" will show up. I actually added "mafia" tags to all the mafia threads because it took too long to find them all using the forum search. Makes life simpler when I'm leading a mafia game and I need to refer back to the old ones.

Oh. Cool. So, we all misuse them? *Looks at IA* Never mind. That answered itself.

Why would you need to refer to old Mafia games?

To see what roles have been used previously and to what effect. To see how other Mafia narrators have handled situations. To see who has backstabbed whom... :cool:

Exactly. Since the two games I've led have both been themed, I didn't want to reuse someone else's theme. And both games also included new/revised roles, so I had to look back to see what roles had been used in the past.

In regards to misusing tags, WarriorSatyr--I think it's impossible to misuse tags in most Duffer threads. Goofy tags for goofy threads is pretty much what you would expect. Outside of Dufferland, "misuse" would be a fair characterization at times. Mostly, though, people don't add tags to non-Duffer threads, so there hasn't been a huge problem.

I really ought to go add some decent tags somewhere.... *flies away*

Back