Benisse

Perelandrian
Staff member
Royal Guard
What was your childhood dream?
What are you doing today?

--------------------

I'll go first.
childhood dream: to be a ballerina, but when my parents gave me piano lessons instead of dance lessons, in high school I wanted to become a teacher

today: I'm a volunteer (at church and in the community), and a stay-at-home mom (I did teach for 10 years though before motherhood)

Childhood Dream: To be a wife and mother. That was the only one that didn't change. I also at different times wanted to be a ballerina, an artist (for children's books), a photographer, and a writer.

Today: I am a wife and a mother, and also a house parent at an international boarding school. While I've never professionally pursued any of my other interests, I have been able to continue dancing, drawing, and photography as hobbies, and have picked up a few other hobbies/interests along the way as well!

Childhood Dream: National Park Ranger. I also wanted to be a ballerina and go into the US Navy. Also, a mom too, but that wasn't high on my list.

Now: I am working towards a degree in Natural Resources-Ecological Restoration. I would still love to work for the Park Service one day. I can't join the Navy because of health reasons, but I wouldn't want to now anyway. I took ballet for nine years and loved it, but was never good enough to go professional. I'm not a mom now, maybe in the future. I'll give you an update in 10 years.

Childhood dream: To be an artist or a teacher.

Today: I'm a librarian and am working on becoming a writer rather than a visual artist. I decided not to become a professional teacher halfway through getting an undergraduate degree in education--I didn't like the educational system--but I've ended up doing a lot of one-on-one teaching the past four years, trying to help one of my homeschooled younger brothers through high school.

Back